• 1(current)
Release IMDb Trailers Addon
Brick 
Reviving, IMDB Trailers, an addon for watching trailers hosted by IMDb.
This addon was originally written by @queeup and had been abandoned since 2013
I have revived it by rewriting the code to be Python 2 and 3 compatible and will run on all platforms starting from Kodi Leia upwards

NOTE - This will only work on Kodi 18 and above.

Dependencies: (All available in Kodi repository and will auto install)
six
kodi-six
BeautifulSoup4
Common Plugin Cache

What is required on your part before posting a question
- If you find something not working then verify on IMDb website whether its working.

Install IMDb Trailers from Kodi Repository

You can also call this addon from other addons or in STRM files as below.
plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=play_id&imdb=imdb_id
For e.g.,
plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=play_id&imdb=tt0113957

Enjoy!
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Changelog
---------------------------
v2.1.16 (20220815)
[fix] Now Playing
[fix] Coming soon
[new] cast images in meta

v2.1.15 (20220522)
[fix] playback fix

v2.1.14 (20211015)
[fix] code breaking on Kodi18
[fix] Search dialog popup after playing a searched trailer
[fix] play by imdb_id

v2.1.13 (20210815)
[fix] html parser breaking on Python 3.9
[fix] handle exceptions such as empty plot or no art
[new] Use common plugin cache to improve caching

v2.1.12 (20200918)
api changes
[fix] xbmc.LOGNOTICE deprecated on Matrix

v2.1.11 (20200516)
Add new api calls for categories
Fix occasional playback issues

v2.1.10 (29.02.2020)
[fix] Python2 syntax issue breaking on Kodi18

v2.1.9 (28.02.2020)
[fix] Playback shifted to HLS
[new] Search option

v2.1.8 (15.06.2019)
[fix] Rewrite using requests-cache module

v2.1.7 (1.06.2019)
[new] In Theatres and Coming soon sections
[fix] Python3 compatible

v2.1.5 (01.2.2019)
-Add view modes (Tested on Estuary Only)

v2.1.4 (08.12.2018)
-fix playback issue
-process html encoding
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Currently there is a issue with search function. The search prompts for Keyboard input and upon entering movie name searches for the tile and lists matching titles. When you play one of the items, and finish, it prompt for Keyboard input again.
This behaviour is due to a feature introduced in 18.5 and above. The search function works correctly in 18.4 and below.
The issue is discussed in this thread
I am struggling to overcome this in the newer Leia and nightly versions, but unable to do so myself and need some help in sorting this.

For now if you use the search function, the only way to safely go back to the main menu is to put a dummy search term again when it prompts second time and then when the directory listed press back to go to the main menu
Thank you for updating/fixing this!
A user has a problem. He gets an error message every time he starts a trailer via the skin. Couldt you please help? Here's the original post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2944731) log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ufukebaden.kodi

For myself, the startup works via the skin, but not via the addon itself (only a few trailers are working and just a few categories). 
https://paste.kodi.tv/eyebojequj.kodi

Can you take a look at this?

Thanks in advance
(2020-05-10, 10:26)beatmasterrs Wrote: A user has a problem. He gets an error message every time he starts a trailer via the skin. Couldt you please help? Here's the original post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2944731) log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ufukebaden.kodi

For myself, the startup works via the skin, but not via the addon itself (only a few trailers are working and just a few categories). 
https://paste.kodi.tv/eyebojequj.kodi

Can you take a look at this?

Thanks in advance
The first user problem you mentioned, unfortunately the log doesn't show any useful information as it is not a Debug log.

The Second issue of some trailers not working, is already fixed in the current git, will release it to Kodi repo soon

The reason I have not released to Kodi repo yet is because of another issue with imdb, they are experimenting a new api and due to that they keep changing the pages for Popular, Recent and TV Tonight trailer sections, every so often. So on some days it works and some days it doesnt. I was waiting for that to settle down to see which way they decide.
May be I will just release the playback fix for now and work on the sections in a later release.
This is a brilliant addon for my Arctic Horizon skin setup. Thanks for your good works. I'll be reporting any issues I may encounter.
@beatmasterrs updated version released with playback fixes and category fixes, please check if you still have issues and report back if any.
(2020-05-24, 02:34)gujal Wrote: @beatmasterrs updated version released with playback fixes and category fixes, please check if you still have issues and report back if any.

For me, its working fine. Thanks a lot Smile
Can you give some details on the API? Looking to call a category like "Coming Soon" and randomly play trailers until I hit stop or timeout? Is that possible?
@dhogan 
There is no documented imdb api, the addon is done by reverse engineering the imdb trailers website. Sorry couldn't be of more help
It looks like they've changed the IMDB interface again. My addon version is 2.1.11. Here's the exception:

2020-09-09 15:50:58.316 T:140173102806784   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/my/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.imdb.trailers/default.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                imdb_trailers.Main()
                                              File "/home/my/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.imdb.trailers/resources/lib/imdb_trailers.py", line 77, in __init__
                                                self.list_contents3()
                                              File "/home/my/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.imdb.trailers/resources/lib/imdb_trailers.py", line 265, in list_contents3
                                                videos = fetchdata3(key)
                                              File "/home/my/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.imdb.trailers/resources/lib/imdb_trailers.py", line 577, in fetchdata3
                                                data = data.get('recentVideos')
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-09-09 15:50:58.408 T:140173094414080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=list3&key=recent
2020-09-09 15:50:58.421 T:140173824580800   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=list3&key=recent) failed
Yes, they have changed the code again, have to wait for them to settle and will take a look at fixing
Fixed in v2.1.12
(2020-02-28, 14:16)gujal Wrote: You can also call this addon from other addons or in STRM files as below.
plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=play_id&imdb=imdb_id
For e.g.,
plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=play_id&imdb=tt0113957
So I just read about this addon and had never heard about it before. My setup now uses the YouTube addon to play trailers but I'm curious about this one now. How exactly does this work with STRM files? Do you have to put the link as you mentioned in every movie and tv show NFO file manually? Or can it somehow be written in an xml file somewhere in the skin? Thanks Big Grin
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Trailers Addon1