• 6(current)
Release IMDb Trailers Addon
There are many Movie Preview Sites on YouTube, Use the YouTube Video Plugin and use as many preview channels as you like. Its easy as and better previews too.
hastebin - joqazogedu (kodi.tv)

got the IMDB Trailers error in this code

please help me
Quote:error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'> Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\32860\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\default.py", line 22, in <module> imdb_trailers.Main() File "C:\Users\32860\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\resources\lib\imdb_trailers.py", line 85, in __init__ self.play_id() File "C:\Users\32860\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\resources\lib\imdb_trailers.py", line 715, in play_id if video.get('latestTrailer'): AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' -->End of Python script error report<--
Just got the problem from that.please help me if you can.
Which movie trailer were you trying to play, looks like it returned an empty response when trying to play and hence the errror
And providing a logsnippet is no use, need full unedited debug log to troubleshoot

It looks like you are trying to invoke the playback from some other script/addon and passing wrong imdb_id
IMdB ids are usually 8 digit numbers, you seem to be passing 3 digit number
Code:
2023-03-19 04:17:09.046 T:7808 debug <general>: CPythonInvoker(29): plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/
2023-03-19 04:17:09.046 T:7808 debug <general>: CPythonInvoker(29): 13
2023-03-19 04:17:09.046 T:7808 debug <general>: CPythonInvoker(29): ?action=play_id&imdb=470
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Can I post full debug log to your e-mail?It shows exceeding the maximum length when I duplicate the log to the hastebin.
Certainly the problem is in how plugin.video.imdb.trailers is being called with an invalid imdb id.  We need to see the log from before the plugin is called.

scott s.
I've installed the IMDB trailers plugin so I can see movie trailers without messing with youtube API. Unfortunately, I can't make it work. Is there any configuration that I need to do before using it?
I'm using TMDB helper to get my movies.
tmdb api provides trailer urls directly and should work as is when used with the youtube addon without the need for any youtube api keys added as it does not need search functionality. No idea about tmdbhelper or how it uses the api
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2023-06-27, 23:18)gujal Wrote: tmdb api provides trailer urls directly and should work as is when used with the youtube addon without the need for any youtube api keys added as it does not need search functionality. No idea about tmdbhelper or how it uses the api

redirect: the user is trying to use imdb trailers in place of youtube trailers
(2023-06-27, 23:18)gujal Wrote: tmdb api provides trailer urls directly and should work as is when used with the youtube addon without the need for any youtube api keys added as it does not need search functionality. No idea about tmdbhelper or how it uses the api

I saw this and did some testing to see the quality of the TMDB trailer URLs for IMDB / YouTube.  Thanks for making me aware of it. I thought the TMDB trailer API videos response would be TMDB trailers. Anyway, I've done some testing of what TMDB provides vs. what the IMDb API provides natively via the IMDB API.  The TMDB responses are pretty good but from my testing not as accurate as the native IMDB responses.  However, since the TMDB API keys are free and the IMDB API keys cost money (if you want more than 100 queries a day), it might be a good trade-off.    I may add an option of trailer names via the TMDB API for my trailer checker addon

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
So, I didn't got most of the things you said but, how can I use IMDB trailers addon while getting my content from TMDB?
I've just installed IMDB addon and it doesn't work. I can't figure out what's wrong or if I need to set something first.
(2023-06-30, 22:49)Rafael667 Wrote: So, I didn't got most of the things you said but, how can I use IMDB trailers addon while getting my content from TMDB?
I've just installed IMDB addon and it doesn't work. I can't figure out what's wrong or if I need to set something first.

Do you mean to say IMdB Trailers addon by itself doesn't work? if so please provide a debug log

Intergrating with other addons such as TMDBHelper has to be done by the other addon developers.
IMdB Trailers addon provides plugin route that other addons can use
For e.g.,
plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=play_id&imdb=tt0113957
Noticed a couple of things that you might want to look at if/when you have the time. All same on Android and Linux.

1) In Cinemas
crashes with this error https://paste.kodi.tv/babocuteki.kodi

2)  Coming soon
takes forever to load, like 5 minutes plus

3) Most Popular
no title for video

Thanks for keeping this addon working. I do like it much more than youtube, etc.
(2023-08-09, 06:12)gargamon Wrote: Noticed a couple of things that you might want to look at if/when you have the time. All same on Android and Linux.

1) In Cinemas
crashes with this error https://paste.kodi.tv/babocuteki.kodi

2)  Coming soon
takes forever to load, like 5 minutes plus

3) Most Popular
no title for video

Thanks for keeping this addon working. I do like it much more than youtube, etc.
The "In Cinemas" and "Coming Soon" sections are region dependant so would need to see the web pages from your region. Can you let me know from which country you are using the addon. Thanks
That's interesting. I'm currently in Thailand. I will try it with a VPN connected to the US and see if it's any different.

Just an additional thought. Would it be possible to override the region via an option or changing some code?

VPNing to Canada did not improve the long duration for coming soon. In Cinemas no longer crashes.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Trailers Addon1