Solved Exclude "watched" movies from "Ramdom Movies" section?
I often use the "Random Movies" section from the start page to choose a movie I haven't watched yet ... however, this section also includes movies that have been watched already:

Is there a way to exclude "watched" movies from the random movie section?
The random movies widget uses a Playlist called random_movies.xsp to get the list of movies.  You can edit it to exclude watched movies by adding a rule, like this:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Random movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
    <limit>15</limit>
    <order direction="descending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

The line you need to add is the one with the rule in it.  That file is in the skin in a folder called playlists.  Please note that if you edit the file in the default Estuary skin it will be changed back anytime Kodi is updated.
Thanks @pkscout for your help! I am running Kodi on LibreELEC, can you confirm that the following is the correct file (path)? Is there a reason why there are two skin folders for Estuary?

This one has the .xsp file you mentioned (which I assume is the correct one to modify):

Code:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/playlists/random_movies.xsp

However, there is also this folder which does not contain any .xsp templates ...

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuary/
it is the xsp files /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/playlists/random_movies.xsp
Thanks @the_other_guy !

Just for personal interest: can you clarify the difference between:

Code:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/
Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuary/

I will make the changes on the template in the first path.
Code:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/
This is the system install path thus this is where addons included with the Kodi installation go.

Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons
Ths is where addons installed via a repo or via zip go.

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/

This is where addon settings, preferences etc go as these can be different per profile, thus if you had profiles enabled with multiple profiles you'd have a addon_data folder for each profile. In the case of Estuary this is where the settings.xml resides which stores any skin settings changes you make via the GUI.
Thanks @jjd-uk for clarifying. Thread marked as solved.
Also be aware that on LibreELEC the install folder /usr/share/kodi by default is write protected (thus read only) so you'll likely need to copy the skin.estuary folder to the writable /storage/.kodi/addons location if you want to make changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exclude "watched" movies from "Ramdom Movies" section?0