Ember Media Manager - Can't Add Movies
I think I am missing something.  I am running EMM 1.5.0.0.  I have my TV shows in separate folders (one for BluRay and one for DVDs).  When I add these sources on the "TV Shows" tab the episodes don't get added to my library.  I have tired adding the folders under the "Movies" tab and they do get added.  Scraping fails though as the IMDB scrapper is used rather than TVDB.  Do I define the source under "TV Shows"?  If so why are they not loaded into my library?  If not how do I define the scrapers to use by source under "Movies"?  Thanks for any help.
(2020-03-03, 11:47)Martin_JC Wrote: I have tired adding the folders under the "Movies" tab and they do get added.  Scraping fails though as the IMDB scrapper is used rather than TVDB.
That's the wrong way. There are reasons why we have different settings for movies and tv shows.

(2020-03-03, 11:47)Martin_JC Wrote: Do I define the source under "TV Shows"?  If so why are they not loaded into my library?
Check the log (.\Ember Media Manger\Logs) after adding a tv show source and library update. Maybe there are some hints why the episodes don't get added.
(2020-03-03, 20:53)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-03-03, 11:47)Martin_JC Wrote: I have tired adding the folders under the "Movies" tab and they do get added.  Scraping fails though as the IMDB scrapper is used rather than TVDB.
That's the wrong way. There are reasons why we have different settings for movies and tv shows.

(2020-03-03, 11:47)Martin_JC Wrote: Do I define the source under "TV Shows"?  If so why are they not loaded into my library?
Check the log (.\Ember Media Manger\Logs) after adding a tv show source and library update. Maybe there are some hints why the episodes don't get added. 
Hi Dan, thank you for the fast reply.  Checking the log I found messages like the following; [Sanner] [IsValidDir] [NotValidDirIs] Path "Y:\Movies\BluRay_TV_Shows\Band of Brothers (2001)\Band of Brothers (2001) S01E01\BDMV" has been skipped (path name is "bdmv") for all the TV Show files.  So it looks like there is a problem with the path.  I also found a few of these for some movies which is odd as those films did get loaded to the library.  I tried searching the forum and found references to Regex which look like the strings are used to parse the file names.  The structure I have used om my library is; <TV Show>/<TV Show SnnEnn/VIDEO_TS (or BDMV for BluRays).  Sorry but I have no idea how to fix this there is nothing obviously wrong as far as I can see.
Sorry, Ember does not support VIDEO_TS and BDMV structures for tv shows, it works only with movies. That will be a feature of Ember 2.0.
(2020-03-04, 01:38)DanCooper Wrote: Sorry, Ember does not support VIDEO_TS and BDMV structures for tv shows, it works only with movies. That will be a feature of Ember 2.0.
Hi Dan, thanks again for the fast reply.  Well for sure that explains it but this is not welcome news.  I’ll keep a look out for Ember 2.0.  Hopefully soon but I can see that you are busy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Can't Add Movies0