Accessing playlists via path subs
What's wrong that's causing playlists not to play on Kodi CoreELEC when they play just fine on Kodi Mac?
On Mac 10.13.6, I exported all my iTunes playlists as .m3u files, added them to ~Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata, and added the following path substitution to advancedsettings.xml.
Playlists all play just fine.
I copied playists and advancedsettings.xml to appropriate locations on Kodi CoreELEC with changes required for use with other external HDD, but playlists won't work like they do on Kodi Mac.
In Kodi on Odroid N2 CoreELEC, I'm using backup of MacDOCS HDD named 1.MacDOCS, and have changed MacDOCS in playlists to 1.MacDOCS, and changed MacDOCS in pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml to 1.MacDOCS.
Someone suggested it might be a Unix issue with Mac generated xml file, but Kodi on CoreELEC imports library.xml just fine, and loads all Mac generated m3u playlists just fine with all tracks in playlist visible. 
But when I press play, instead of getting scanning progress bar like on Kodi Mac, I get spinning wheel and names of tracks in upper right of screen changing incredibly fast as if Kodi CoreELEC is scanning them, racing through alll of them. Then process stops, no more track names changing upper right, and nothing; track doesn't play.
Pressing play again does nothing but repeat process of spinning progress wheel/scan, flashing track names, and no play.

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/playlists/music/</from> <---This line is the Kodi default playlist path/directory, "special" replaces a long user related path)
            <to>smb://MacDOCS/Music/</to> <----This line "maps" the line above to my NAS path for my m3u files from media monkey
        </substitute>
        <substitute>
            <from>\\MacDOCS\Music\</from> <----this line is the path to each song contained within the m3u files, relative vs.absolute path
            <to>smb://MacDOCS/Music/</to> <---this line maps the line above to the Kodi friendly path of my NAS song directories
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
A debug log (wiki) of you trying to play one of the playlists will probably help.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-03-01, 17:15)black_eagle Wrote: A debug log (wiki) of you trying to play one of the playlists will probably help.

I turned debugging on, then tried to play a track from a playlist, shut down, connected N2 to Mac and located log with today's date in Logfiles folder. When I unzip it there are 11 log files, none of which are titled debugging. Which one do you want? KODI_CRASH, KODI, System, Hardware, Audio, Network, varlog, input, Filesystem, Journal-curl, or Journal-prev.log?
Just use the https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader and post the url it gives you.  Easier than looking for the log, which is probably in something like .kodi/userdata/temp and will be named kodi.log
(2020-03-01, 17:37)black_eagle Wrote: Just use the https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader and post the url it gives you.  Easier than looking for the log, which is probably in something like .kodi/userdata/temp and will be named kodi.log

I don't have interent connection to the box yet, so I can't install addon.
Ummm, try the one named KODI then.  If you open it in a text editor you will soon know if it's the right one.
KODI is right log; I see music track I tried to play. How do I get log URL? I posted contents of log at https://paste.kodi.tv, pressed save, but nothing happens - no change in URL.
OK.  Open log in text editor.  Select it all (usually ctrl+a) and copy.  Go to https:// paste.kodi.tv and paste what you copied into the window.  Click the little disk icon on the right to save it.  Page will refresh.  Copy the full url in your browsers address bar and paste it into a post here.
Doesn't work on Mac in either Safari or Chrome.
Clicking Save disc icon does nothing.
After long while on Safari happened to see error message in red upper right - "something went wrong" (no sh_!)
Try this - open/download .txt file here 
Look for track by Allman Bros
None of your music can be opened either for reading the tags from it, or for playing.  Although it doesn't say it in the log, I'm leaning here towards a permissions issue because Kodi can see the files, so the paths are correct, it just appears to not have the right permissions to access them.  Does that make any sense to you ?
Well, that would appear to be correct, however as both your OS's are Linux based a permissions issue is quite likely.  If CoreElec is anything like LibreElec then kodi will be running on that as the root user. I know that because of the way my media is stored and shared, Kodi gets mapped as 'nobody' to the shares which means it can't export my library changes because the directories are created by and owned by a different user.  So I have to jump through hoops setting permissions everytime I add music so that the library export works.

php:
2019-04-11 16:30:46.180 T:3911701376 ERROR: Init: Error opening file /Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a
2019-04-11 16:30:46.180 T:3911701376 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file /Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a
2019-04-11 16:30:46.180 T:3911701376 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
2019-04-11 16:30:46.190 T:4066062352 DEBUG: CMusicGUIInfo::InitCurrentItem(/Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a)
2019-04-11 16:30:46.194 T:4066062352 DEBUG: LoadMusicTag: loading tag information for file: /Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a
2019-04-11 16:30:46.194 T:4066062352 DEBUG: file /Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a could not be opened for tag reading
2019-04-11 16:30:46.200 T:4066062352 DEBUG: Loading additional tag info for file /Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a
2019-04-11 16:30:46.200 T:4066062352 DEBUG: file /Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a could not be opened for tag reading
2019-04-11 16:30:46.200 T:4066062352 DEBUG: CPlayerGUIInfo::InitCurrentItem(/Volumes/1.MacDOCS/Music/_iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Beatles/Magical Mystery Tour/11 All You Need Is Love.m4a)

It is either a path issue or a permissions issue.  Can you navigate to the music files using Kodi's file explorer ?
What do you mean by "Kodi's file explorer"?
I copied playlist files to N2 via ethernet connect to Mac, to music playlist folder at same location as on Mac after editing them for change in HDD name.
From Music Home Screen, I can click on Playlists in Categories at top of screen and see that all playlists are listed.
That's where I click on a playlist, then click on a track.
If instead of Playlists I click on Files from Categories on Music Home Screen, that only lists folders on 1.MacDOCS HDD that I've defined as music media sources.
Playlists are not stored on the 1.MacDOCS HDD
Ooops, missed it earlier. Your advancedsettings.xml file isn't getting loaded as there is an error in it.   From your log
Quote: 2019-04-11 16:28:38.563 T:4066062352 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 37
Error reading end tag.

Unlikely in that case that your path subs are working.
(2020-03-02, 09:32)black_eagle Wrote: Ooops, missed it earlier. Your advancedsettings.xml file isn't getting loaded as there is an error in it.   From your log
Quote: 2019-04-11 16:28:38.563 T:4066062352 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 37
Error reading end tag.

Unlikely in that case that your path subs are working. 
And why not? They work fine on Mac as previously stated. Where is the error? How do I correct it?
Perhaps try checking Line 37 as log message says, although it's possible the error does not originate on that line, going by Error reading end tag my guess there's a closing tag property missing, this means for every open <tag> there must be a closing </tag> e.g. <pathsubstitution> and </pathsubstitution>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing playlists via path subs0