v18 Skinning - Any way to show a count of movies inside a movie set??
Hi,

I am not a skinner but have modded some existing skins over the years for personal use only.

I'm struggling with how to show a count of movies inside a movie set on a skin.  I have a list view that shows all movie entries. The entry might be a single movie or a movie set. If it is a movie set I would like to show a number to the right of that entry showing how many movies are inside that set.

I can determine if the entry on the list is a set or not by using the boolean condition "ListItem.IsCollection" which is true for a movie set. However, I can't find a way of showing how many movies are in that set.

I've tried the following 2 methods, the first one shows the number of items on the actual list rather than the number of items in that set and the second method shows nothing. I'm showing the movie year if it's not part of a set (that works fine), and want to show the count of movies in a set if it is a movie set.

<variable name="MovieSet">
        <value condition="!ListItem.IsCollection">$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
        <value condition="ListItem.IsCollection">$INFO[Container.NumItems]</value>
</variable>   

<variable name="MovieSet">
         <value condition="!ListItem.IsCollection">$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
         <value condition="ListItem.IsCollection">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Count)]</value>
</variable>   

Does anybody know how to achieve this? Is it even possible?

Many thanks in advance for looking.
Put this in the xml of the movie view (not in variables):

<control type="fixedlist" id="59030">
                    <visible>ListItem.IsCollection</visible>
                    <itemlayout>
                    </itemlayout>
                    <focusedlayout>
                    </focusedlayout>
                    <content sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath]</content>
                </control>

After that you can use...

$INFO[Container(59030).NumItems]

...to show the number of movies of the set.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-03-05, 01:27)manfeed Wrote: Put this in the xml of the movie view (not in variables):

<control type="fixedlist" id="59030">
                    <visible>ListItem.IsCollection</visible>
                    <itemlayout>
                    </itemlayout>
                    <focusedlayout>
                    </focusedlayout>
                    <content sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath]</content>
                </control>

After that you can use...

$INFO[Container(59030).NumItems]

...to show the number of movies of the set.
Wow!

Thanks so much for your very quick response. I did what you suggested and it has definitely improved. Please look at picture below:-
The list is now showing a count for movies in a set and a year for single movies, but it is not always an accurate count of movies. Also, the number can change if you page up and down over the entries or if you go into a set and then come back out again the number is then corrected but other entries are made incorrect. It's really strange.

https://mega.nz/#!DhIxyQbI!O5XbcX4nZIINx...DvttBHXDZ4

I've also uploaded the two xmls I modded - a variables.xml and rightlist.xml:-
Variables.xml
https://mega.nz/#!ixIBBYwI!iGsfBbPkodNCZ...j3pIAS-Fvs

RightList.xml
https://mega.nz/#!uoYnnYJC!IsYoKH0H0N9aZ...PX-Gy1b-A0

I modded rightlist.xml by inserting your suggested code at the top of the xml file and using variable "MovieSet". In the variables.xml, I am setting the variable "MovieSet" to display either year or number of movies in set.

Any further advice much appreciated and thanks so much again!
Forget about using variables for this, try this way...

https://mega.nz/#!l8MFSISC!wen0ZBFgBlq38...ytsHXTvN-U

...some additional advice if you want to go ahead in modding/skinning; don't use this section, post in SKINNING section instead. Also, instead of asking right away, look for a skin that already does what you want to get, and and try to see how it does it; at the end of the day that's one of the advantages of the free software, the code is available to everyone. That way you will learn faster. Good luck!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-03-05, 10:51)manfeed Wrote: Forget about using variables for this, try this way...

https://mega.nz/#!l8MFSISC!wen0ZBFgBlq38...ytsHXTvN-U

...some additional advice if you want to go ahead in modding/skinning; don't use this section, post in SKINNING section instead. Also, instead of asking right away, look for a skin that already does what you want to get, and and try to see how it does it; at the end of the day that's one of the advantages of the free software, the code is available to everyone. That way you will learn faster. Good luck!
Got it working!

First, I tried using marcelveldts "skin.helper.service" addon and using the "SkinHelper.ListItem.Count" value but that had the same issue as before - ie random numbers appearing on the list. So, I moved the value "$INFO[Container(59030).NumItems]" away from the list (itemlayout and focusedlayout sections) and just added it to show next to the poster view.
I chose your method as it loads the value much faster than the "skin.helper.service" method.

The change I made is shown below and I like it much more than before. I show the count just next to the poster. In the list, the default for sets was to show the year of the most recent entry for the set. Instead I now put the word "SET". Smile

View is below - case closed and thanks for your help! Without it, this would never have been accomplished!!  I normally do try to figure these things out for myself using the existing code in various skins - just that I've never seen a count of movies in a set in a skin and still don't know of any.

https://mega.nz/#!f0gHELqS!Qkcg6mibWhCcN...A7nJTPGp5Q
(2020-03-05, 17:48)ukmark62 Wrote: I normally do try to figure these things out for myself using the existing code in various skins - just that I've never seen a count of movies in a set in a skin and still don't know of any.

It seems that Aeon Tajo skin is not very popular... Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning - Any way to show a count of movies inside a movie set??0