Horrible Ghosting problem in Xiaomi Mi TV Box S
(2020-06-22, 12:25)p750mmx Wrote: @Gpaparig did you install the latest Android build? There were some issues with the final 18.7 build, so now you should be on 18.7.200; https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-leia-187-android
Yeap.  I installed the latest one. It seems that the problem goes to xiaomi and the way they handle the hardware codecs (this might not be something completely right but has a truth), since all the problems started when they upgaded to the latest Android.
I'll try to do some more test and I'll let the community know.
Thank you for your answer.
(2020-06-24, 09:23)Gpaparig Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 12:25)p750mmx Wrote: @Gpaparig did you install the latest Android build? There were some issues with the final 18.7 build, so now you should be on 18.7.200; https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-leia-187-android
Yeap.  I installed the latest one. It seems that the problem goes to xiaomi and the way they handle the hardware codecs (this might not be something completely right but has a truth), since all the problems started when they upgaded to the latest Android.
Well, new round, new changes Wink There is a new beta out sins last week; https://www.androidsage.com/2020/06/20/x...-0-update/
I didn't get a change to test this one myself, but I will in the coming days/weeks.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2020-06-24, 12:39)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 09:23)Gpaparig Wrote:
Well, new round, new changes Wink There is a new beta out sins last week; https://www.androidsage.com/2020/06/20/x...-0-update/
I didn't get a change to test this one myself, but I will in the coming days/weeks.

Thank you but I prefer to wait till someone brave try this solution and feed the community with results. Since Mi Box  is the only solution for me right now in terms of MediaPlayer, i can't afford a beta that might brick the box or put it in continuous reboot mode. That's why I didn't offer for betas in the first place. I'll have to wait for a permanent solution. Either from Kodi's community which I'm a big enthusiast for years now , or something from Xiaomi since this behavior expands and in other programs.
Well, update to the ..latest android update on MiBox
Yesterday the April Version of Android Update on MiBox paid me a visit... No harm done though no visual or ghosting problem fixed...
So the April Update is no good regarding visual problems. Actually I wasn't expecting anything so soon to be issued. Let's hope that they hear the problems on their box and the community of Kodi will have to offer something real soon so we can meet in the middle with this annoying issue.
(2020-07-02, 10:08)Gpaparig Wrote: Well, update to the ..latest android update on MiBox
Yesterday the April Version of Android Update on MiBox paid me a visit... No harm done though no visual or ghosting problem fixed...
So the April Update is no good regarding visual problems. Actually I wasn't expecting anything so soon to be issued. Let's hope that they hear the problems on their box and the community of Kodi will have to offer something real soon so we can meet in the middle with this annoying issue.
It's not the April update, it's a June update, released this week Wink
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Well, I finally can´t use the xiaomi to play movies in kodi. If I enable the accelerators, the playback is smooth but I have this horrible ghosting problem. If I disable them, the playback is not smooth and I have a lot of jumps in the movies, grrrrr...

It is a bad thing, because I purchased the product specially to play kodi, grrrr....

Any other solution?. It is a incredible that much cheaper tv boxes plays everything fine in kodi and this, much more expensive, can´t, grrrr...

Best regards.
I think the ghosting problem isn't just with Xiaomi. I have a X88 Max Tv Box with Android 9 and I have the same problem but only recently. The tv box is connected to a Samsung 7 via the soundbar and the problem appeared just recently. I have the same problem with the tv box connected directly to the tv. At some point i managed to fix it after a tv and tv box reset to factory settings but now i have it again. I think the problem is somewhere between the tv and tv box picture settings. I'm still searching for a solution.
(2020-09-22, 08:51)DrJ Wrote: Well, I finally can´t use the xiaomi to play movies in kodi. If I enable the accelerators, the playback is smooth but I have this horrible ghosting problem. If I disable them, the playback is not smooth and I have a lot of jumps in the movies, grrrrr...

It is a bad thing, because I purchased the product specially to play kodi, grrrr....

Any other solution?. It is a incredible that much cheaper tv boxes plays everything fine in kodi and this, much more expensive, can´t, grrrr...

Best regards.

Well, fortunatly the ghosting problem seems to be solved with the new update, in fact, it is one of the bugs that is in the list of fixed bugs with the update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horrible Ghosting problem in Xiaomi Mi TV Box S0