thetvdb and Farnart.tv images missing
Hi,

I am not being able to download any images from  thetvdb and fanart.tv.  It gives "artwork downloader" error. At first I thought that probably it was just too much traffic during weekend but problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Did you update to 3.1.4? This has already been resolved
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-03-10, 15:27)mlaggner Wrote: Did you update to 3.1.4? This has already been resolved
Yes I did, I am using lastest version.
please provide a log then.. there has been changes at tvdb and the last time I checked (Sunday) everything worked again
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2020-03-10, 15:59)mlaggner Wrote: please provide a log then.. there has been changes at tvdb and the last time I checked (Sunday) everything worked again
Hi,

https://paste.kodi.tv/piposezawu.kodi
I noticed that the links for the images are correct, they are just not being downloaded. Just so you know I run tinnymediamanager on my PC but the series are on another disk on my home network. I see no reason for this to be a problem since all other files are being written normally.
I started having the same issue today with theTVDb source.  If I switch my source to IMDb or themoviedb it works with no problems.  I'm running TMM 3.1.4 and Windows 10.  Here is my error log:

14:45:18.260 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.scraper.thetvdb.TheTvDbMetadataProvider - problem getting data vom tvdb via ID: Read timed out
14:45:38.403 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.scraper.thetvdb.TheTvDbMetadataProvider - failed to get actors: HTTP 404 / Not Found
14:45:48.024 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.scraper.thetvdb.TheTvDbMetadataProvider - failed to get actors: HTTP 404 / Not Found
14:45:48.368 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.scraper.thetvdb.TheTvDbMetadataProvider - problem getting data vom tvdb: timeout
@Darker PLEASE update your Java! your version (1.8.0_91) is almost 4 years old..
(2020-03-11, 21:23)mlaggner Wrote: @Darker PLEASE update your Java! your version (1.8.0_91) is almost 4 years old..

Right, sorry. I only use it to play chess and as such I hadn't noticed.

Updated java which made tinnymedidamanager update to start working.  It found an update and so it updated too TMM.

Images are now being downloaded. Thank you!

There is only a little problem, that does not bother me much: when I use "search & scrape selected TV shows" it still does not show the thumb of the show on the search dialog. Not much important but I thought I should say.
(2020-03-11, 21:42)Darker Wrote: There is only a little problem, that does not bother me much: when I use "search & scrape selected TV shows" it still does not show the thumb of the show on the search dialog. Not much important but I thought I should say.

just tested it and for me this is working.. maybe you found a TV show where nothing got returned from the API?
(2020-03-13, 08:38)mlaggner Wrote:
(2020-03-11, 21:42)Darker Wrote: There is only a little problem, that does not bother me much: when I use "search & scrape selected TV shows" it still does not show the thumb of the show on the search dialog. Not much important but I thought I should say.

just tested it and for me this is working.. maybe you found a TV show where nothing got returned from the API? 
Well, the whole thetvdb.com searching is down again.  Perhaps it is the weekend? Wonderful site but really annoying always being down for scrapping.
yeah there is a problem at tvdb - https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...e1b2b8b748
(2020-03-14, 18:29)mlaggner Wrote: yeah there is a problem at tvdb - https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...e1b2b8b748

Btw can I ask you to consider a small other issue?  I have a dual setup in portuguese - english. My main language is english but living in portugal most of the data is in portuguese.

The film genres in TMM are automatically translated which while I can understand the idea in practice is really annoying. I am going to give you an example: most of  my genres are in portuguese language but the Westerns were classed as "westerns" for there isn't a good translation for this in portuguese.

TMM converted all "westerns" to "velho oeste"  (which translated back to english means "old west" and not "farwest"). If I try to input manually "farwest" in the genres it translates automatically to "velho oeste" so I can't really put the genre I want.

Could you please consider at leaste allowing us to disable the genre translation? Personally I consider any automatic changes to user data a really bad idea but if some people likes it at least let the other ones disable it.
the problem here is, that we need a lookup here for the genres because some scrapers just pass us the genre names in English (or any other language, depends on the scraper). We have a list of _well known_ genres (along with their translations to other languages). So we've built up a map with all available genres and their translations.

I we remove that, you only would get the internal name of the genre. e.g. WESTERN or SCIENCE_FICTION which is not what we want.

for your example: "Farwest" does NOT find any existing genre and stays at my machine, whereas only Western finds the internal WESTERN genre which automatically gets translated to "velho oeste". Just make sure you don't take "existing" name if you need to add custom genres
(2020-03-19, 08:14)mlaggner Wrote: the problem here is, that we need a lookup here for the genres because some scrapers just pass us the genre names in English (or any other language, depends on the scraper). We have a list of _well known_ genres (along with their translations to other languages). So we've built up a map with all available genres and their translations.

I we remove that, you only would get the internal name of the genre. e.g. WESTERN or SCIENCE_FICTION which is not what we want.

for your example: "Farwest" does NOT find any existing genre and stays at my machine, whereas only Western finds the internal WESTERN genre which automatically gets translated to "velho oeste". Just make sure you don't take "existing" name if you need to add custom genres
Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense now.

I think you could solve that by separating the data that comes from the scrapper from the data that the user inputs from the dropdown list.

I suggest the following: when you scrape data do map the genres, it is quite cool. But only then. Don't translate the genres already on NFO's and don't translate them too when we add them manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thetvdb and Farnart.tv images missing0