Release Sublissimo - Subtitle Editor for Kodi
(2021-05-02, 13:58)AJVM Wrote: Since the regular way of searching and opening a subtitlefile is not super user friendly I've added another option.

Now, when you play a video and you start the script, it will look for the active subtitle and ask if you want to load it. If it can't find it for whatever reason, you can select one manually from the directory of the playing file. You can launch the script with the remote, or activate it while the video is playing by going to addon-menu or you can use the Keymap Editor to create a shortcut with key. Now available in Official Kodi Leia Repository as version 0.0.7 or as 1.0.7 for Matrix. Hope it helps Blush

Hey this is a great improvement! Very easy to use now.

However there is a new problem.. I'm not sure when it started, but now all scandinavian characters are destroyed on the converted subtitle. I'm sure it worked earlier, but I don't have the exact same subtitles to test. The files I tested seem to be using ISO-8859-1 charset. All characters that have ascii >128 are stripped when Sublissimo adjusts the time stamps.
I've looked at the problem. Until now, the script used UTF-8 to decode the .srt and when that gave an error, it opened the file while ignoring problematic characters. I thought that this usually only happens with files that have some encoding problem, which might be the reason that sometimes it works correctly and sometimes not. I made some modifications. Now the script tries UTF-8 to encode/decode the file, and when it gives an error, it scans the file to guess which encoding is the correct one. I've tested a bunch of .srt files with non-latin characters and scandinavian ones, and it seems to work fine. Now available as version 1.0.8 for Kodi Matrix in the official repository. A Leia version will be around as well some time soon...
Hi!

Previously I was using Kodi (and Sublissimo) on a Linux PC, and it worked fine. But now I tried running on an Android TV, and I'm having problems.

Linux PC had all files in local drive, Android TV has files on a Samba share.

I tried to convert 23.976 -> 25fps. Sublissimo reports failure.

Log file shows this: https://paste.kodi.tv/waropawuzi.kodi

It doesn't matter if I select subtitle and video manually, or use the new "auto select" feature. I get the same error.

Thanks for your help. Smile
Ah, just like to add that when I start Sublissimo and select "synchronize by frame rate", it does start to play correct video with correct (unprocessed) subtitles. After that it reports the error, and does not modify subtitle.

Edit: I just tried "Stretch by providing factor" and it actually worked, no errors. The key difference is that that doesn't start the video player, it just processes directly? Maybe you could add the frame rate presets to that function as well, so I could select 23.976->25 instead of typing the value manually? It's always either that or 25->23.976..
Sorry, the first thing is fixed, just a small bug. Update to 1.0.9 or 0.0.9 and it should work. I'll look at adding the factors... Angel
Thanks a lot, works now! Smile
Tongue 
A new update is available:

The "Synchronize with video file" option is now fully on-the-fly;
You can alter the beginning and the end point of the sync without stopping the video, and you can choose
 another subtitle line to sync with, not just strictly the first and last.

Also added:  "Jump to specific subtitle". When you select this option while a video is playing, it jumps to
 the point in the video where the subtitle in the current version would be shown. This can be handy when you want to check if
 the sync has been successful.

In the "Move subtitles" menu there now some simple options like "Shift forwards by Microseconds", Shift backwards by Microseconds, etc.

Now available as version 0.2.0 for Leia and 2.0.0 for Matrix and beyond. Angel
(2021-05-02, 13:58)AJVM Wrote: Since the regular way of searching and opening a subtitlefile is not super user friendly I've added another option.
...You can launch the script with the remote, or activate it while the video is playing by going to addon-menu or you can use the Keymap Editor to create a shortcut with key... Blush

@AJVM , even though creating a custom key shortcut to start sublissimo solves the problem remembering another shortcut key taxes the memory capacity of the average human being; especially if he already has something like 7 shortcuts for actions called far more recently than this one (e.g. settings, interfacesettings, skinsettings, mediasettings, filemanager, switch audio profiles, ...). (I should perhaps add that I take great care to test and then synchronize my subtitles before I upload any video file to Kodi. I don't like having to synchronize subtitles while I am relaxing viewing videos.)

I believe the optimal solution is to integrate sublissimo in the video playing menu, as a button next to the subtitles button. Or as an additional action within subtitles.

Is that possible?

(If you think this is unnecessary any help in how to customize the video playing menu is greatly appreciated.)
xml:

<control type="button" id="706">
<texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDSubtitlesFO.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDSubtitlesNF.png</texturenofocus>
<font />
<label />
<width>100</width>
<height>100</height>
<onclick>RunScript(script.sublissimo)</onclick>
</control>
@DiMag Well, the problem with creating custom buttons is that they need to be added to the skin, and can not be included in the script. Since creating a custom skin just for this functionality seemed a bit over the top, I never bothered with it. If you want to create a button on your own, this is fairly simple: Go to the <Directory where kodi is installed>/addons/<Your current skin> Search in this directory and its subdirectories to, for the text "OSDNextTrackFO.png" Usually some xml will show up, which contains the config options for the menu's. Alter a button, or add one yourself, and change its <onclick> marker to "RunScript(script.sublissimo)" This will run the script when the button is pushed. Above example is from the Aeon Nox Silvo skin which has this line in "~/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/16x9/Includes.xml"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sublissimo - Subtitle Editor for Kodi0