Picture viewer crashes
Hello all,

When I go to pictures in Kodi to view my photo's from my NAS device (through SMB) the app crashes. I noticed that it only crashed when the option "automatically create thumbnail" is on. I think somehow it overflows the memory and then Kodi crashes. Which is strange because the option to automatically create thumbnails is standard on. When I turn it off, there is no problem at all. Anyone else experiencing this issue? And is this known with the developers? I had hoped patch 18.6 would fix this issue, sadly it didn't.

Kodi is on my 2019 NVidia Shield Android TV.
Kodi version: 18.5 and 18.6 (both crash)
NSAT is at the latest firmware
(2020-03-12, 20:59)MiracleTostie Wrote: Hello all,

When I go to pictures in Kodi to view my photo's from my NAS device (through SMB) the app crashes. I noticed that it only crashed when the option "automatically create thumbnail" is on. I think somehow it overflows the memory and then Kodi crashes. Which is strange because the option to automatically create thumbnails is standard on. When I turn it off, there is no problem at all. Anyone else experiencing this issue? And is this known with the developers? I had hoped patch 18.6 would fix this issue, sadly it didn't.

Anyone?
(2020-03-14, 01:13)MiracleTostie Wrote:

Anyone? 

This forum is dead..
Where your debug and crashlog? Use  https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues for issue reporting otherwise the chances of getting unnoticed are quite high (specially without providing logs).
(2020-04-18, 23:37)MiracleTostie Wrote:
(2020-03-14, 01:13)MiracleTostie Wrote:

Anyone?  

This forum is dead.. 

This website you sent me is hocus pocus to me. It gives me some random page. I am supposed to look on that website on how to make a crash log from my Nvidia Shield. Help.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-04-22, 21:13)Hitcher Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thank you for your reply. I tried this, the only problem is, is that the NVidia Shield Android TV Kodi app automatically throws me back to the main menu and the log only says "Kodi startup succesful". I don't think this log be will be of any use, will it? Even if it is of any use, how do I get it of my Android TV to, say, my computer?
Do you have any advanced settings for artwork sizes?
(2020-05-08, 11:22)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have any advanced settings for artwork sizes?

I am not sure what you mean. Where it crashes is when it automatically creates the thumbnails of photo's I have. There is no artwork in those folder, just photo's of our holidays. It loads kind of like the first 10 images, then it begins to stutter and after that the screen goes black it I get kicked to the main menu of the Nvidia Shield Android TV (2019, tube edition). When I turn off the "automatically create thumbnails" (which is standard at on), all goes well.

The weird thing is, that on my other tv with an Nvidia Shield Android TV 2017 model, I have the exact same settings and there are no problems at all. So it must have something to do with the 2019 tube model.

Hopefullly this gives you some more inside information.
Have you done this -

https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Advanc...l#imageres

Also, what resolution are you running Kodi at?
(2020-05-09, 00:16)Hitcher Wrote: Have you done this -

It was on 4k. I switched it down all the resolutions, even to 720P. It eventually didn't make any difference.

How do I Imageres it smaller?
(2020-05-09, 22:42)MiracleTostie Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 00:16)Hitcher Wrote: Have you done this -

I think it has something to do with the Shield itself as well. I got the Shield 2019 2GB ram model. It crashes there, will on my other 2017 model 3GB ram Shield it does not crash. Know anything that could help?

It was on 4k. I switched it down all the resolutions, even to 720P. It eventually didn't make any difference.

How do I Imageres it smaller? 
I think it has something to do with the Shield itself as well. On my 2019 model 2GB ram it crashes, while on my 2017 3GB ram model it does not crash at all. Know anything that might help me?
Try a debug log because it should show what happens up to the point Kodi crashes.

Note: When you restart Kodi after the crash you want to upload kodi.old.log not kodi.log.
(2020-05-17, 10:11)Hitcher Wrote: Try a debug log because it should show what happens up to the point Kodi crashes.

Note: When you restart Kodi after the crash you want to upload kodi.old.log not kodi.log.

Ok, but again the same question. How do I get this log off of my Shield?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture viewer crashes0