Linux Screen flickering in dark scenes
In dark scenes it seems like Kodi is trying to adjust lighting automatically and brightens the scene up, but then regrets it and darkens it again, then brightens it again and so on. This results in a sort of flickering of brightness levels. It really annoying. Now before you tell me it's my TV's dynamic brightness, it's not. I picked a specific scene in which this phenomenon is extremely bad and replayed it several times with Kodi, and then several times with VLC. In Kodi it's a discotheque, while in VLC there is 0 flickering.
Do you know what could be causing it, and, more importantly, how do I get rid of it?
The most probable cause is faulty display driver, update. I did notice there is a Linux tag on this post, while this is a windows support thread.

One users solve: I found the problem. I had to enable "Use limited colour range" in system>video output. [[Video levels and color space]]

And another: installer chose nVidia driver instead of AMD driver. I used the Synaptic Package Manager to uninstall the nVidia driver and installed the FireGL driver. After a reboot, the system is back to normal.

Then this: Kodi options "hardware acceleration" turn it off and flicker will stop.

This: I have turned off "allow hardware acceleration under VDPAU and VAAPI.

And in last resort, VLC as: External players (wiki) moving this thread to the Linux area.
(2020-03-13, 19:37)JuanMaddox Wrote: In dark scenes it seems like Kodi is trying to adjust lighting automatically and brightens the scene up, but then regrets it and darkens it again, then brightens it again and so on. This results in a sort of flickering omegle discord xenderof brightness levels. It really annoying. Now before you tell me it's my TV's dynamic brightness, it's not. I picked a specific scene in which this phenomenon is extremely bad and replayed it several times with Kodi, and then several times with VLC. In Kodi it's a discotheque, while in VLC there is 0 flickering.
Do you know what could be causing it, and, more importantly, how do I get rid of it?
my issue has been solved 
Thankyou
(2020-03-19, 09:57)JuanMaddox Wrote: my issue has been solved 

Care to share how, for others that might have the same issue ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering in dark scenes0