[WINDOWS] Windows Power Management support
I'm sure you devs haven't had a chance to get to power management yet. Just FYI currently XBMC running keeps Windows from entering lower power states (S1,S3,S4).
Power management is only callable via XBMC and it works fine but the other way around was never tested, right.
atm I have no idea what prevents/need change in XBMC to get in standby.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I haven't had a chance to test the calls from within XBMC. I'll do that ASAP. At least that is better than nothing for now. I can also use 3rd party apps to do the deed until such a time comes.
Kricker, did you find out more?
Not yet, life has been busy Wink
phunqe Wrote:Kricker, did you find out more?

Just test by yourself. Go to settings and choose what XBMC shall do when shutdown.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
**BUMP**

Just curious with the release of 9.04 was there any change / feature that will allow Windows Power Management (specifically Vista) to put the box into hibernate / sleep mode after X minutes?

I know XBMC has the screen saver, and via my remote I can sleep the box.
But what I wanted to do was set the box's suspend/hibernate at say 1hr.

Desired Effect :
XBMC puts the dimmed screen saver up after 3 minutes.
If its still dim (no activity) in 1 hr - put the box into suspend/hibernate.

The wife has a habbit of forgetting to hit the sleep button on the remote Rolleyes
Nope nothing wasn't changed in this regard.
But still you can archive what you want already with XBMC alone.
WiSo Wrote:Nope nothing wasn't changed in this regard.
But still you can archive what you want already with XBMC alone.
You mean achieve not archive right?

I think WiSo means just change from dim after 5 minutes to standby after 1 hour.
I think Windows itself doesn't consider a PC idle when a process is taking as much CPU as XBMC does when sitting in the GUI, so it won't actually sleep based on the timers in power management. XBMC itself would probably have to detect an idle state then call hibernate or whatever you want it do.
mpw222 Wrote:I think Windows itself doesn't consider a PC idle when a process is taking as much CPU as XBMC does when sitting in the GUI, so it won't actually sleep based on the timers in power management. XBMC itself would probably have to detect an idle state then call hibernate or whatever you want it do.
XBMC already has an idle timer that will shutdown or standby/hibernate the PC and it works. The only problem with XBMC doing this is the idle timer is only for it. If you are using another app and the timer kicks in it will still shutdown or standby/hibernate.

And yes the GUI cpu usage is too high for the Windows idle timer to kick. I tried with XBMC in minimized mode since it supposedly uses no CPU that way. My PC still did not enter standby mode, but I need to test this scenario a bit more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Windows Power Management support0