Bang for the buck Tv Box 4K HDR? I got a Sony KD-55XF9005 UHD-TV
Hi.

I have read the threads about choose the hardware and the 4K HDR thread, still confused.

Just bought a Sony KD-55XF9005 UHD-TV in hopes to use Kodi 19 android for 4K HDR playback on the Tv. After using Kodi 18.6 and it shutters i start googling, it will not work so i need a 4K HDR Tv Box.

I want support for 7.1 sound, the Tv supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG.

It looks like the android versions of tv boxes are the cheapest but i can be wrong.

I have looked at  ODROID N2 but it sold out in Sweden and it have "gaind" in price. Ugoos X3 Cube or X3 Pro, not sure what i need.

Pleas help me out here, i dont need it to work out of the box.

Best Regards
Richard Sabelström Törnefjord
Chromebox LibreELEC Kodi 19.3 | Chromebox LibreELEC Kodi 18.6
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ RetroPie Kodi 16.1 | Ugoos X2 Cube CoreELEC  Kodi 18.6
Budget ?

And is it for 4K HDR Kodi only or Apps needed as well ?

(2020-03-15, 20:00)wrxtasy Wrote: Budget ?

And is it for 4K HDR Kodi only or Apps needed as well ?

Cheap is good, dont want to pay for stuff i dont need, only Kodi 4K HDR 7.1. But it need to be stable and work with SD to 4K.

No apps needed on the box, they are on the TV.

Sound can be trough HDMI och Optic, movie source a NAS in my gigabit network on cable, no streaming.
Get a Ugoos X2 Cube and install CoreELEC Kodi on to a Class 10 U1 microSDHC:

https://coreelec.org/

Plus add a Plug n Play Wireless MINIX A2 lite remote.

(excluding DolbyVision) That combo will play anything you throw at it.

I'd suggest a Fire TV Stick 4k.  Best in class remote.  Great 4k performance.  Excellent wireless performance.  Supports all major HDR formats.  Supports frame rate switching in Kodi and 7.1 output via PCM decoding (bitstreaming is limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS and DTS-HD HR). 

fritsch has been doing great work for this device lately and just recently managed to solve the stereo audio delay issue that had been an issue on the device (download the latest fritschfiretv build here). 

Hard to think of another device currently available that offers better features for anywhere close to the price.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2020-03-16, 03:51)88keyz Wrote: I'd suggest a Fire TV Stick 4k.  Best in class remote.  Great 4k performance.  Excellent wireless performance.  Supports all major HDR formats.  Supports frame rate switching in Kodi and 7.1 output via PCM decoding (bitstreaming is limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS and DTS-HD HR). 

fritsch has been doing great work for this device lately and just recently managed to solve the stereo audio delay issue that had been an issue on the device (download the latest fritschfiretv build here). 

Hard to think of another device currently available that offers better features for anywhere close to the price.

Fire stick is little more expensive then Ugoos X2 Cube. And i need Ethernet and optical ports so no fire stick for me.
(2020-03-16, 09:28)sabelstrom Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 03:51)88keyz Wrote: I'd suggest a Fire TV Stick 4k.  Best in class remote.  Great 4k performance.  Excellent wireless performance.  Supports all major HDR formats.  Supports frame rate switching in Kodi and 7.1 output via PCM decoding (bitstreaming is limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS and DTS-HD HR). 

Fire stick is little more expensive then Ugoos X2 Cube. And i need Ethernet and optical ports so no fire stick for me.

Just had a look and X2's again.
And it appears some of 'em come with a decent G20 Wireless remote that has it's own USB RF receiver dongle (click)

Edit: and for Bonus points Ugoos has Dual Boot Firmware support as well:
https://ugoos.com/beta-dual-boot-firmwar...ies-models

(2020-03-16, 11:46)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 09:28)sabelstrom Wrote:

Just had a look and X2's again.
And it appears some of 'em come with a decent G20 Wireless remote that has it's own USB RF receiver dongle (click)

Edit: and for Bonus points Ugoos has Dual Boot Firmware support as well:
https://ugoos.com/beta-dual-boot-firmwar...ies-models 
From that website, it also has an option for the G30s RF remote.  I have 3 of them and they are awesome.
Orderd a X2 with IR sensor.

Love to use my phone or mouse and keyboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bang for the buck Tv Box 4K HDR? I got a Sony KD-55XF9005 UHD-TV0