Alpha New TV Metadata site?
(2020-04-05, 23:45)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 18:43)Tobby Wrote: What's your take on the poster dimensions? I see you suggested 1000 x 1426 like Fanart.tv while TMDB use 2:3 aspect ratio on their posters.
Before I preferred the 1000 x 1426 dimensions because it made it easier to adapt DVD covers into posters. In fact I was in favor of it when fanart first started their poster section.

Now that DVDs and all in general physical media is being phased out I've come to prefer the 2:3 poster aspect ratio that is the standard of way more sites. Not only TMDB.
Most Kodi skins, including the default Estuary, also use the 2:3 aspect ratio so creating a new site with artwork for Kodi with posters that doesnt fit seems a bit dumb.
I was thinking 680x1000

I'm not interested in the highest quality artwork, as other sites have that covered. Interesting thoughts on the aspect ratio 
And why do not you want to use the size 1000x1500 - the KODI standard? On large TVs, the small sizes of posters look bad.
(2020-04-05, 23:46)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 19:14)rschiks Wrote: @docwra Now that my site (kyradb) needs to be closed, would you be interested taking over the artwork?
Sure I will need to take a look if you have some source data.

Saying that, I don't want it to become an Hi-Quality artwork only site. The aim is still to be a backup of TheTVDB and TheMovieDB.org with a nice, easy to use interface. 
In what artwork would you be interested?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Animated posters and backgrounds, character art can be found here
Get Kyra for Kodi 2 here
Get Kyra for Trakt here
(2020-04-06, 10:56)rschiks Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 23:46)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 19:14)rschiks Wrote: @docwra Now that my site (kyradb) needs to be closed, would you be interested taking over the artwork?
Sure I will need to take a look if you have some source data.

Saying that, I don't want it to become an Hi-Quality artwork only site. The aim is still to be a backup of TheTVDB and TheMovieDB.org with a nice, easy to use interface.  
In what artwork would you be interested? 
I'd be interested in the actor posters if you have them imported already from TMDB. I would really need them to be named {firstname} {secondname}.jpg or with some kind of ID to be useful though.

If you want to send it all to me somehow in a big file I could hold the rest just in case I ever get around to writing a movie site again with all these cool new artwork types.
Image Image
(2020-03-18, 23:03)docwra Wrote: Yes also bear in mind i'm pretty good at writing cross site importers now, so auto syncs with TMDB, TheTVDB and fanart.tv are possible. 

That was my biggest question: how do you get thousands and thousands of shows and their data into another database?

Good for you.
(2020-05-12, 18:26)brokenangel Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 23:03)docwra Wrote: Yes also bear in mind i'm pretty good at writing cross site importers now, so auto syncs with TMDB, TheTVDB and fanart.tv are possible. 

That was my biggest question: how do you get thousands and thousands of shows and their data into another database?

Good for you. 
Current plan is to just write an importer using their API and organically grow when users import full shows or sync up latest seasons/episodes. I have no interest in re-creating the wheel here Big Grin

I had a look at the APIs and it looks doable, just need to find the time to do it.
Image Image

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV Metadata site?00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.