GF left with our box - please help!
(2020-03-19, 08:16)LRa Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 05:25)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 17:36)OTinley Wrote: PL-55 analog.

https://imgur.com/a/U7Uc8Bv

You are not going to find any Kodi or Netflix capable media player with that sort of analog audio Jack support.

Your options are getting a HDCP capable HDMI splitter that also has a 3.5mm analog audio headphone jack, then likely also use an adapter for PL audio support.

OR

Getting something like an Odroid N2 that has a really good onboard DAC with a 3.5mm headphone audio socket output, then use an adapter for PL audio plug support.

1080p Netflix would then be had via the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon.    

I am not talking about analog audio, I am talking about the 3.5mm headphone, which I think some devices do have.
So summary:
1. 1080p, 10bit h.265.
2. USB port.
3. Good remote.
4. Under 100$
5. Netflix hd.
6. 3.5mm headphone output   

Raspberry Pi's have 3.5mm audio outputs - and the Pi 4B will play 1080p 10-bit h.265 content (though it will be output in 8-bits currently).  You will have to use CEC or a USB-connected remote solution or an IR interface HAT (clip on adaptor that connects to the 40 pin GPIO connector on a Pi) with any old spare remote you no longer use.  This will require a bit of DIY but will hit your price point (just).

Netflix will either require you to use a browser in the Pi (and thus use Raspbian not LibreElec, and need a keyboard and mouse solution) or a Netflix plugin within Kod and may well be limited to 720p HD.

Not many other boxes have 3.5mm audio outputs other than possibly cheap little PCs - it's not a thing that boxes like the Shield TV, FireTV, Apple TV etc. offer as they are designed primarily for HDMI connection to systems that are OK with HDMI audio.  You may find you can use an HDMI audio extractor with a Fire TV Stick or Cube, or an AM Logic box running CoreElec or Android, and one of these though.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Audi...07KRWYN4R/

You connect the HDMI extractor to your display, and then your source connects to the extractor. You can then take an analogue audio output from the extractor to your amplifier.  That model has a 3.5mm stereo analogue audio jack output. (It will be line level, not headphone level - but should probably be OK.). I have no idea about that specific model - but there are many.  They take $25 out of your budget - but give you a much wider range of choices.
Are we all forgetting the mi box S has a combination optical/3.5mm jack ? Seems the obvious
(2020-03-19, 11:13)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 08:16)LRa Wrote: II am not talking about analog audio,

Erm, yes, you are.
(2020-03-19, 08:16)LRa Wrote: I am talking about the 3.5mm headphone

That is analog audio. 

Sorry, I meant no need for and adapter for PL audio support.
(2020-03-19, 11:52)feathers Wrote: Are we all forgetting the mi box S has a combination optical/3.5mm jack ? Seems the obvious
Is it good?
I bought one about a year ago, played with it for a day and there wifi was really sketchy. Kept disconnecting all the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GF left with our box - please help!0