New User: Setting up on Nvidia Shield with Hard Drives
Hi everyone, 

I was after some advice on how to start my new library. I have a new Nvidia shield with x2 USB drives full of movies. 

I'm looking at the best way to set up my library with all my custom posters and backgrounds and setting up boxsets etc and looks like this might be the best option. 

Would anyone be able to advise the best way to do this, plugging in the drives directly to the pc and or doing it over the shield via the network to the drives?

Once I've updated everything how do I get the information into Kodi and ensure that every time I add a movie its easy to do?

Thank you
Not sure if this still holds true today, but I found it better to plug my drives to a PC connected to the same network as the Shield as opposed to plugging them directly into the shield as you will not be able to access the drives from your PC if they are plugged into the shield without circumventing some security protocols. When you want to add more content, it's easier to manage from your PC than having to unplug the drives from the shield, connect to a PC, dump the files and reconnect the drives to the shield every single time.

1. Plug your drives into your PC
2. Run tiny media manager > Select the drives as sources based on their media type > scrape the metadata/artwork from online sources for Movies, Movie Sets, and TV Shows (For custom artwork - Copy the artwork to the specific movie folder and name it accordingly)
3. Go to Kodi on your Shield > Add the USB drives as your media sources > Refresh library

For new content > Dump to the media source folder on the USB drive > Scrape metadata using TMM > Refresh your library on Kodi (if you desire more automation - there are threads/guides in this subforum that will help)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User: Setting up on Nvidia Shield with Hard Drives0