Kodi won't connect to network share file by VPN
Hi everyone,

I had this issue for a couple of days now and I don't understand why.
I have nordvpn installed on my android box.  My files are on a nas on my network.

Kodi has created the media library and can access it succesfully only when i'm not connected to nordvpn server.

I was thinking that maybe kodi get another ip adress and then cannot acces to the nas but no, it get the same ip adress as my network (192.168.x) and the dns server is set right.  Kodi cannot access to my network even if I try to create a new media source.

The strange thing is that on my pc kodi can access to those files even when connected to nordvpn .... ( not to the same server thought since android app is not able to choose server)

Can anyone explain that ?

Both pc and android box are wired and i'm actually using a vpn for another app

Thanks for your help
Thread moved to the Off-topic forum section as per VPN policy (wiki) rules.
Why would you want to use a VPN over your own network for? This makes no sense at all. You have to remember that a VPN will keep changing it's location etc etc

If one server is not available, then it will use another one. So your IP address will constantly be changing.
(2020-03-17, 17:06)Video Titles Wrote: Why would you want to use a VPN over your own network for? This makes no sense at all. You have to remember that a VPN will keep changing it's location etc etc

If one server is not available, then it will use another one. So your IP address will constantly be changing.
Like I said, i use VPN for another app but when its connected kodi don't have access to my files on my internal network.  I have to disconnect from VPN and then connect it again after i watched my movie.

In nordVPN you can choose which server you whant to connect so  my ip will not be constantly changing. The problem is in nordvpn windows app you can choose precisely which server you want however in android app you can only choose the country

I just don't understand why on my pc no problem at all using kodi being connected to VPN and on my android box it is impossible
If you're paying for NordVPN then you're paying them to support you.

Our VPN policy (wiki) very much applies here, as already stated. We cannot support you on this, as Kodi does not need a VPN to work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-03-17, 18:21)DarrenHill Wrote: If you're paying for NordVPN then you're paying them to support you.

Our VPN policy (wiki) very much applies here, as already stated. We cannot support you on this, as Kodi does not need a VPN to work.

I understand your position about VPN.
I ask for your help since i had problem with kodi only...  I don' t think that nordvpn could help me on this since their service is working fine.

But nevermind I will figure it out by myself.

Thanks anyway
(2020-12-18, 14:28)Salliduc Wrote: Usually, when I have problems I go to

We don't need any VPN advertising in one way or the other.
Kindly read our VPN policy (wiki) in case you missed it.
Following our VPN policy (wiki), I'm closing this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't connect to network share file by VPN0