How to get Music to go to Playlist or Now Playing automatically
I'm sure this used to work for me in previous versions, but it doesn't now.

Whenever I play music, it used to go to Now Playing after a few seconds. Now it just stays on the track list where I started.

How can I get it to automatically go to Now Playing or the current playlist view?

I'm on v18.5.
Best handled here.

Moving post from Windows to Music support.
By Now Playing do you mean the fullscreen view where you have the details of the currently playing track with either fanart or visualisation in the background? if so then switching to that view (visualisation window) automatically is dependent on the skin in use, some skins have a settings and others including the default Estuary skin don't allow for a automatic switch.
(2020-03-18, 12:58)jjd-uk Wrote: By Now Playing do you mean the fullscreen view where you have the details of the currently playing track with either fanart or visualisation in the background? if so then switching to that view (visualisation window) automatically is dependent on the skin in use, some skins have a settings and others including the default Estuary skin don't allow for a automatic switch.

Yep, that's exactly it. I didn't realize it was a skin option. I've been using Estuary. Maybe I'll take a second look at some others. Thank you!
(2020-03-18, 16:49)benmwatson Wrote: I've been using Estuary.

If you like Estuary, there is a light mod of it here that has an option to switch automatically to the music visualization (Now playing) screen.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
For v19 it's added into the core settings so you will be able can get the behavior no matter what skin is in use in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get Music to go to Playlist or Now Playing automatically0