Linux 18.6 - Video freezes then audio freezes a couple of seconds later on new machine
I replaced my old htpc with a new much more powerful one a few months ago and ever since then I get the occasional lockup playing media.  The video will freeze but the audio will continue for a few more seconds.  Then the audio will stop and the machine is frozen. I ssh into it from a different machine and nothing is wrong,   no heavy ram usage or cpu usage. I just kill the kodi process and a few seconds later it will vanish and I can start it again.  The media usually plays just fine and I normally only get this once per movie and it's not every movie.   Tonight it happened again and checking the log I see WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer followed by a CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled right at the time that machine freezes.  

The new machine is a ryzen 2400g which is far more powerful than the only 1037U based machine it replaced.  I have Emby as the backend serving up the media.     I don't see insane cpu/network usage on the emby server when the stream is locking up  but it's probably underpowered.  

Any thoughts as to why the stream is stalling and how best to deal with it?

Log is at https://paste.kodi.tv/qefizemaxe.kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
18.6 - Video freezes then audio freezes a couple of seconds later on new machine0