How to toggle analog in Beetle PSX?
How do I toggle between d-pad and analog controls in Beetle PSX? I'm using an Xbox controller.

I've looked through the DualShock config and there is no button to bind it and I can't find an option in the emulator settings either.
Unfortunately, a setting for this is not exposed. The general problem is controller selection: I've had some ideas, and there's a proposal for this year's GSoC.

Right now, we use an XML file to describe the profiles an emulator supports. The format describes ports that accept multiple controller profiles, but Kodi is hard-coded to only use the first controller.

The XML file is named "topology.xml". Here is the one used for Beetle PSX: topology.xml.

Can you locate this file on your system? If you swap the order of game.controller.ps.dualshock and game.controller.ps.dualanalog here, then this should give you analog support in Beetle PSX.
does the same premise work across all psx emulators or is it emulator specific (sorry to kinda hijack the thread)
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Libretro's input API is insufficient for zero-config, so I had to add a topology.xml to every emulator by analyzing their source code. Here's the topology.xml for PCSX. You can see that PCSX, unlike Beetle PSX, has no ability to emulate the commented controllers. Most topology.xml files are unique to the emulator's source code.

The same hard-coded-to-first-controller behavior is common across all emulators. See GameClientInput.cpp for where the topology data structure is activated. Missing is the code to activate controllers 2-N of the possible accepted controllers.
(2020-03-21, 12:52)garbear Wrote: Unfortunately, a setting for this is not exposed. The general problem is controller selection: I've had some ideas, and there's a proposal for this year's GSoC.

Right now, we use an XML file to describe the profiles an emulator supports. The format describes ports that accept multiple controller profiles, but Kodi is hard-coded to only use the first controller.

The XML file is named "topology.xml". Here is the one used for Beetle PSX: topology.xml.

Can you locate this file on your system? If you swap the order of game.controller.ps.dualshock and game.controller.ps.dualanalog here, then this should give you analog support in Beetle PSX.

I changed the order in the topology.xml file but it didn't make a difference for me, now the controller doesn't work at all in Crash Bandicoot but it works in Tomba, still only d-pad in Tomba though. Swapping enabled/disabled on "Enable DualShock Analog Mode Toggle" didn't do anything either.

Also tried rebinding both controllers but that didn't work either.
I am also in need of handling.
Same here with Libreelec and Kodi 18.9.
I have Rpi4 with PS4 controller over bluetooth and I can't get analog sticks working in Kodi Retroplayer.
They do work when I move around the Kodi menu, but don't work when I'm in the PS1 game for example.
Also I can't get the Rumble (vibration) of controller working too.

Anyone with some clues where to look for solution?
Sounds like a code bug. The relevant source code is https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joyst...ix/src/api

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to toggle analog in Beetle PSX?0