Solved Lost all audio overnight
I'm running Kodi 18.2 under LibreELEC 9.0.2 on a desktop PC with no other OS.  Auto-update is switched on.  Playback is via HDMI (audio and video) to a Marantz amp and then to either a TV or a projector, in both cases using a 7.1 speaker system.

Last night everything was fine.  This morning I have no audio output on any media files.  The computer hadn't been switched off and no settings had been changed.  I've tried varying the audio settings, including resetting to defaults, and nothing makes a difference.  I've tried rebooting the PC, powering down the amp and switching on again, changing the channels on the amp (in case it was an HDMI glitch) and nothing has worked.  I'd be grateful for any thoughts.

Many thanks.
Debug log
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
(2020-03-21, 12:50)graysky Wrote: Debug log

I'll have to investigate how to generate and post a log.  In the meantime, some new information: I haven't actually lost all audio.  Files designated as having Dolby soundtracks are in fact playing; all others I've so far tried - DTS, AAC, MP3 - are not.  Is there a vital switch somewhere in the settings menus that I've overlooked?
Just read: Debug Log - and post it. There is no switch.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-21, 13:47)fritsch Wrote: Just read: Debug Log - and post it. There is no switch.
Fritsch, thanks for that.  I followed the steps in the Wiki which gave me a zip file.  Extracted, there are a number of different files, including KODI.log at the top of the list.  Presumably that's the one I should post.

LATER:

If I've done this correctly, here's the link.
Maybe a problem with the Marantz amp?
(2020-03-21, 17:27)contadino Wrote: Maybe a problem with the Marantz amp?
Thanks for the thought.  I had considered that, but in all other aspects it's working perfectly (including playing Dolby material from the HTPC) so I've rather ruled it out.  About the only thing I haven't tried is connecting the PC to an alternative input on the amp - I doubt if it will make any odds but I'll give it a go next.
The log shows that pulse audio output is used. Go to settings->system->audio and change the audio output device to HDMI.

so long,

Hias
(2020-03-21, 18:15)HiassofT Wrote: The log shows that pulse audio output is used. Go to settings->system->audio and change the audio output device to HDMI.
Hias, thanks, but unfortunately HDMI doesn't appear as an option.  The list is:

ALSA: Default (HDA IntelALC662 rev1 Analog)
ALSA: HDA IntelALC662 rev1 Analog
ALSA: HDA ATI @@@
PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)
"HDA ATI" should be the correct one.

so long,

Hias
(2020-03-21, 18:36)HiassofT Wrote: "HDA ATI" should be the correct one.

Thanks.  I'll try it.

LATER:

That worked!  Thanks so much.  I thought I'd tried that option, but clearly I was wrong.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost all audio overnight0