Due to maintenance, our forum will be offline for a short while on Monday June 1st, around 22:00 UTC.

Kodi using >100% CPU on mac mini, slow to respond
Recently I've been having quite a few problems with a Kodi installation on a mac mini (running El Capitan)

Most of the time I use it to listen to internet radio - I have internet radio stations saved as "favourites" which I switch between. Switching between stations often takes a very long time, as if some process in the background gets stuck, and sometimes results in a crash. Additionally, sometimes asking Kodi to quit causes it to become unresponsive for some time before it eventually quits. Throughout these operations, I notice that Kodi often seems to be using 100-170% CPU, causing the fans on the mac mini to go crazy. The high CPU usage seems to occur even when it's just playing music in the background (ie I am not actively asking it to change stations, etc).

I have pasted a logfile here. During the time this was running, I changed radio stations a few times, and then asked Kodi to quit (which took some time)

akunoceman.kodi (paste)

I'd be grateful if anyone could shed any light on what might be wrong.

(For what it's worth - log from the previous session here beheripuwo.kodi (paste) )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi using >100% CPU on mac mini, slow to respond00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.