Dealing with movies that don't import
How do you deal with movies that don't import/scan but when you scan them (settings>media>videos>{my source folder}>{movie title (year)}>scan to library) it wants you to edit the title. When you say OK, it says "local data found, do you want to ignore and refresh from internet".  The is what happens when you rescan one that is already in the library. Kodi thinks this movie is in the library but it is not.  I have deleted everything, removed the source and restarted Kodi. Movie section is empty. Setup new source, scan into library. The same two movies are missing from the listing but yet it says local data is found....blah blah blah.  I even marked the two movies as "watched" so when I run down the list I might see them maybe imported as different titles or something. There were none marked "watched".  Event log says "Failed to scan movie: Lethal Weapon (1986).m4v" and "Failed to scan movie: Chilly Dogs (2004).m4v".  The files are there. The play just fine from the folder.  All 390 other movies scanned into the library just fine.  All of them are properly named in matching folders.

I have even removed the source folder, AND removed mymovies116.db, reboot and start over again. Created the source, scanned into library. Same two movies do the same thing.

How do I fix this? Where is this Local Data located so I can clear it?
(2020-03-24, 21:42)Smallmountains Wrote: How do I fix this? Where is this Local Data located so I can clear it?

.nfo file next to the movie ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-03-24, 21:42)Smallmountains Wrote: The same two movies are missing from the listing but yet it says local data is found....blah blah
Unfortunately that is a long standing bug in Kodi. The message pops up even when there is no local info.

If you don't want to use the nfo file method, then provide a Debug Log. Check item 1d here first... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-24, 22:13)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 21:42)Smallmountains Wrote: The same two movies are missing from the listing but yet it says local data is found....blah blah
Unfortunately that is a long standing bug in Kodi. The message pops up even when there is no local info.

If you don't want to use the nfo file method, then provide a Debug Log. Check item 1d here first... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969 
Thank you for this...I caught the "Use Video Tags" thing this morning after spending all most all night trying to figure out why so many of my movies didn't import. All but 2 imported after disabling "Use Video Tags".  Now I'm left with 2...so I'm going to create NFO files for them. Seems to work with a basic nfo, now I just need to fill in more of the data.   So I guess you can call this one solved.  I love this forum. So many helpful members.
(2020-03-25, 00:19)Smallmountains Wrote: I'm going to create NFO files for them
If the movie exists at TMDB then use a Parsing NFO file. No need to create a full Metadata NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dealing with movies that don't import0