Opensubtitles by opensubtitles has stopped working since yesterday
(2020-03-25, 10:56)jim_p Wrote: I use the forementioned addon since its 5.1.14 version (3+ years ago) and I got it from its github repo here.
https://github.com/opensubtitles/service...nsubtitles

It is developed by the same devs that make the one that exists on the kodi repo, which demands user credentials in order to work, so please take this into account before saying that this is an "bad" addon and lock my thread.

Since yesterday, I am getting an "error searching for subtitles" as a notification on kodi and nothing more, not a single word for it inside kodi's log. Does anyone else have the same issue?
I assume that the login credentials are now mandatory, so this version of the addon is completely useless. 
As a user, I refuse to make any credentials for the site so as to use them with the other addon. The reason is simple: the opensubtitles api is used by tons of players, e.g. vlc, mpc, smplayer and so on, yet it demands credentials on kodi ONLY, which is simply unacceptable.

So what's your question? I am only hearing demands and refusals, but no questions.
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opensubtitles by opensubtitles has stopped working since yesterday - by Statler1978 - 2020-03-25, 19:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opensubtitles by opensubtitles has stopped working since yesterday0