• 15(current)
WWEN - A WWE Network Plugin
(2019-08-13, 00:18)lunartic Wrote: Thanks for the feedback so far.

I will probably add a search function for the next update. I had a look at the implementation on the website and it seems to be quite simple.

Everything regarding the stream is handled by inputstream adaptive.
If the resolution of your display is below 1080p you need to enable "Ignore Display Resolution" in the settings of inputstream adaptive to get the best video quality.
I will try to make it possible to access inputstream's settings from my add-on to make it less confusing.

I agree that the default audio option should be enligsh, but unfortunately I haven't found any way to do this.
The streams provided by the WWE Network have no default audio option and thus inputstream adaptive seems to choose the first option alphabetically, which happens to be german (abreviated as "deu").
The only way to override this is to go to system settings -> player -> language and then set "Preferred audio language" to english.

The ECW and WCW PPVs are indeed missing. I will try to add them for the next update.

Subtitles already work for the livestream, but "Enable parsing for closed captions" needs to be enabled under system settings -> player -> language. I hope I can get subtitles working for the rest, but I will have to look into it before I can promise anything.

Title IDs are not ideal in some cases. But, for Raw the network follows the same scheme, where every episode is just titled "Raw" with the date written beneath. I have found some other shows, where the title is definitely not correct on the add-on and I will try to fix this.

One issue I noticed were streams on the network that point to a specific match within a PPV. So far the add-on would just start the PPV at the beginning, but I was able to fix this problem already and that feature will be included in the next update.

The most time consuming issue to fix will probably be the thumbnails. From what I know as of now it probably requires some changes in Kodi's codebase.

I don't have much time right now, so it could take a while until I post the next update.
Thanks for the update. Maybe you can do a quick release of what you can update ASAP.

I appreciate you taking the time out of your life to allow us to use this service through Kodi. The Android APP is either useless or it does not give us proper HD.
Wow! Great job!
New version of the addon

Fixes and new features since the last version:
- search function
- link to inputstream adaptive settings in the addon settings
- ECW, WCW PPVs are now accessible
- Better Title IDs
- videos linking to specific matches within a PPV now start playing at that specific match

I made a new repository for the addon:
https://github.com/lunartic1910/plugin.video.wwenetwork

To directly download:
https://github.com/lunartic1910/plugin.v...master.zip
(2019-08-24, 16:34)lunartic Wrote: New version of the addon

Fixes and new features since the last version:
- search function
- link to inputstream adaptive settings in the addon settings
- ECW, WCW PPVs are now accessible
- Better Title IDs
- videos linking to specific matches within a PPV now start playing at that specific match

I made a new repository for the addon:
https://github.com/lunartic1910/plugin.video.wwenetwork

To directly download:
https://github.com/lunartic1910/plugin.v...master.zip
I installed this update and it stopped working totally. I had to roll back to the prior version. 

I've included a copy of my logfile https://paste.kodi.tv/oxulotigek
(2019-08-25, 03:45)starslayer74 Wrote: I installed this update and it stopped working totally. I had to roll back to the prior version. 

I've included a copy of my logfile https://paste.kodi.tv/oxulotigek
Should be fixed now. Let me know if you still run into any errors.
Tremendous work, thank you so much! I did a little write-up for the add-on in my capacity as a correspondent for the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, so it might get mentioned on their website over the next couple of days.

A small suggestion to make things easier for newbies: Maybe in the section where you link to the InputStream settings you could add instructions to tick off the "native solution" bit there, in order to get 1080p streaming. People who didn't read this thread will probably have no idea what to do, once they are in there.

Also for newbies, maybe add another instruction (possibly as a pop-up message once the add-on is installed?) about how to get the English audio by changing the audio channel in audio settings?
Nothing is playing Sad in the logs I get

Error playlist error skipping unplayable item 0 path plug-in://plug-in video.WWEnetwork
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2019-09-27, 21:20)TheBuz Wrote: Nothing is playing Sad in the logs I get

Error playlist error skipping unplayable item 0 path plug-in://plug-in video.WWEnetwork

Can confirm that the live stream is not playing for me but all other archived content is playing fine. 

I think, come January, things are going to get a lot more complicated with the network, once they add different tiered levels of access.
it's the @lunartic working at today?

it's can be usable for watching Crown Jewel this Helloween days?

Thanks for info...
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
@lunartic: Please fix Live stream in WWE, we love this so much!
Try re-entering your credentials. I was having problems with the live stream and I noticed an error message flash about expired token - I went in and re-entered my credentials, tried to view live stream, got the same error message, but then it blinked and I am watching the live stream right now. 

The volume was muted initially, I was able to just bump it up once and the volume worked. 

So give it a shot!
(2019-10-29, 18:18)starslayer74 Wrote: Try re-entering your credentials. I was having problems with the live stream and I noticed an error message flash about expired token - I went in and re-entered my credentials, tried to view live stream, got the same error message, but then it blinked and I am watching the live stream right now. 

The volume was muted initially, I was able to just bump it up once and the volume worked. 

So give it a shot!

Thanks for your notice, Live stream working again. Default audio language is 1/8 Germany no sound, change it to 2/8 English will have sound
(2019-10-29, 18:18)starslayer74 Wrote: Try re-entering your credentials. I was having problems with the live stream and I noticed an error message flash about expired token - I went in and re-entered my credentials, tried to view live stream, got the same error message, but then it blinked and I am watching the live stream right now. 

So give it a shot!

wait a moment... wait a moment.
i don't understand how it's need to do...simply unlog.... reput my login?

you say have you obtain same error at second login... but the live stream it's back to work whitout do nothings?
simply need to change the language stream to back audio working ?
(2019-10-30, 00:51)DjDiabolik Wrote:

So give it a shot!

you say have you obtain same error at second login... but the live stream it's back to work whitout do nothings?
Sounds weird but it worked. I don't know why it gave me the error message again before it started working but it works so that's all that matters to me. For what its worth, it's no longer giving me an error message at all now. Audio still starts out silent. 

I also just got an email from WWE, they brought back recommendations, it's called "My List" now - so hopefully Lunartic comes back soon and adds that to this addon.
(2019-10-30, 01:18)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 00:51)DjDiabolik Wrote:

So give it a shot!

Sounds weird but it worked. I don't know why it gave me the error message again before it started working but it works so that's all that matters to me. For what its worth, it's no longer giving me an error message at all now. Audio still starts out silent. 

I also just got an email from WWE, they brought back recommendations, it's called "My List" now - so hopefully Lunartic comes back soon and adds that to this addon. 
oh ok... great news. i try tomorrow if it's working also on my Kodi setup. thanks for info...
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWEN - A WWE Network Plugin1