• 36(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2022-01-31, 14:01)ezraau Wrote: I am trying to use the Merge feature of AutoWidget to combine the "In Progress TV shows" from my local library with the "Continue Watching" lists from Netflix and Amazon.  I can't seem to be able to sort the shows by Last Watched - when I choose to sort it this way, I first get the shows from my local library and then the ones from Netflix then from Amazon.  Is there anything that can be done in AutoWidget to fix the sorting?

You should be able to sort by "Last Watched" in your skin's widget setup, and they should then mix together. As long as all the items have that property filled, AutoWidget should carry that property through.
@drinfernoo : thank you for the amazing autowidget. I have been using Superfavourites for a LONG TIME and I had glanced @Autowidget in the past but never fully grasped it. However I delved into it head on & I have to say I am a convert. Your AW is like SF on steroids x 100. Simply put Amazing. All the widgets & shortcuts retain Info & artwork support which is missing from SF.  
BTW My main skin in Titan Bingie Mod  &  with AW the whole experience is just bliss.  
I do however dabble frequently into all skins and Aeon Nox Silvo & similar Aeons in the past ever since phil65 version came out I have been indulged with. 
I just have a request if possible. This request will make more sense in context of the skin I am going to reference which is "Aeon Tajo" by manfeed. Again an amazing iteration of Aeon Nox. Particularly what I am interested is the "Multi Movie widget".
This widget is Just Like an AW but with the cool feature of just moving the up & down keys to rifle through 7 widgets.
The restrictions in that is that these are all predetermined ( using like embuary helper type script ) and you cannot choose your own paths / sources for this widget.
So I would request & urge you kindly if you could look at introducing the flicking up /down to rifle through the ( Cycling option AW)
see the Video @approx 1 Min mark 

if this is Inappropriate then I apologize  But if this is at all possible I would be extremely grateful as it would make the functionality of AW even more accessible & potent .
I don't think it would be possible for AutoWidget to do that in most skins, as the up/down controls are used by the skin for scrolling through different widgets.
(2022-02-21, 16:36)drinfernoo Wrote: I don't think it would be possible for Auto Widget to do that in most skins, as the up/down controls are used by the skin for scrolling through different widgets.
But is it Possible ?  In another way I am looking at using a manual option to rifle through the multiple widgets rather the use the Auto refresh or Force refresh  ( which I have added as a shortcut to Homescreen)
Instead of the Up & down controls we could use another keyboard defined key which could be mapped to ( like the Logitech harmony Elite I use ) individual remotes or used via keyboards. 
We could test in Arctic Horizon ( which I also Love ) &  I would definitely test in Titan Bingie Mod & a few others  including Aeon Tajo .
Please  you can see the potential.. it would be just simply amazing
I don't really know of a way to do so (beyond constantly listening for a particular button press, which would have a severe impact on performance. I'm also not sure that this feature would offer any real utility of value for many, if any at all, users.

EDIT: @shaktoo I've decided that there is a relatively easy way to handle this. If you could please test the latest devrepo release (0.0.1524), it will allow you to call a path that will automatically refresh the widget you're focusing. You can then use that path in a keymap, like so:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <home>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61536">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=auto)</key>
        </keyboard>
    </home>
</keymap>

This is the one I used during testing, and using 61536, I was able to easily refresh widgets by pressing ` on my keyboard while on the home screen. You'll probably need to map some other button code if you're using a remote.

For what it's worth the "magic" here is the id=auto flag, which will force AW to try and read the widget ID from the widget, similarly to how the "Refresh Widget" context menu action works currently.

EDIT 2: I'm really not sure why the XML is so spaced out like that...
Wink 
(2022-02-22, 01:30)drinfernoo Wrote: I don't really know of a way to do so (beyond constantly listening for a particular button press, which would have a severe impact on performance. I'm also not sure that this feature would offer any real utility of value for many, if any at all, users.

EDIT: @shaktoo I've decided that there is a relatively easy way to handle this. If you could please test the latest devrepo release (0.0.1524), it will allow you to call a path that will automatically refresh the widget you're focusing. You can then use that path in a keymap, like so:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <home>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61536">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=auto)</key>
        </keyboard>
    </home>
</keymap>

This is the one I used during testing, and using 61536, I was able to easily refresh widgets by pressing ` on my keyboard while on the home screen. You'll probably need to map some other button code if you're using a remote.

For what it's worth the "magic" here is the id=auto flag, which will force AW to try and read the widget ID from the widget, similarly to how the "Refresh Widget" context menu action works currently.

EDIT 2: I'm really not sure why the XML is so spaced out like that...
Amazing... Cannot wait to test this ... I am at work until late .. cheers from one Dr to another!!   Big Grin
@drinfernoo : It does not seem to work for me .
So I installed the devrepo & updated the addon to (0.0.1524)  OR Should i have tested with fresh Install ?
Then created a keybaord.xml  with all the above values 
Restarted kodi with the TBM Skin .Uisng the AW set up with 7 paths i tried hovering over it to see if it autochanges , tried pressing the" , "  / " ' " / but to no avail.
Is there something that Ineed to do ? I tried checking the settings but there does not seem to be any new options for the dev version.
I will check in estuar & Aeon tajo now 
Please let me know
(2022-02-24, 22:47)shaktoo Wrote: @drinfernoo : It does not seem to work for me .
So I installed the devrepo & updated the addon to (0.0.1524)  OR Should i have tested with fresh Install ?
Then created a keybaord.xml  with all the above values 
Restarted kodi with the TBM Skin .Uisng the AW set up with 7 paths i tried hovering over it to see if it autochanges , tried pressing the" , "  / " ' " / but to no avail.
Is there something that Ineed to do ? I tried checking the settings but there does not seem to be any new options for the dev version.
I will check in estuar & Aeon tajo now 
Please let me know

Are you testing on PC? A fresh install shouldn't be necessary, and 0.0.1524 should be the version that has this change. There aren't any new options, but what I did to test was install Keymap Editor, and create a "bogus" mapping for the key I wanted to use. Then, I edited the file to replace the action with the plugin path I showed above.
Yes testing ON PC. tested On Aeon tajo, TBM, Estuary with the same result.
Probably something I am not doing correctly.
I get it , I never used the keymap editor to map anything so that's what I am going to do tonight & will report sometime tomorrow.
Does auto widget only work with content you have stored locally on your device?
(2022-02-26, 12:55)Robertsond1987 Wrote: Does auto widget only work with content you have stored locally on your device?

No It works with add on (streamed ) content as well.   You can add from any addon using context menu "add to Autowidget " as shortcuts OR widget . Just give it a try & you will find its quite easy.
You can also set up "shortcut groups", which function very much like a "submenu" or "category" widget, but completely managed by Auto Widget, and almost endlessly customizable.
(2020-04-24, 14:12)mouthpiece Wrote: Hi Guys,

I just installed the new Aura MOD skin and i'll try to use it with autowidget.

When i now select a movie via the homescreen and via a widget it will say: please wait. But i won't loading any movie.
I'll use the TDMB helper addon to path the widget.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
I have the same problem with the default skin, Estuary, in Kodi 19.4: movies and TV shows in folders added as shortcuts don't run.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1