• 37(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
I'm currently using AutoWidget with the default skin, Estuary, in Kodi 19.4. Any TV show in folders, movie collections, or movies in Favourites added to a shorcut folder in AutoWidget are shown but don't play. Nothing happens when I click on them.
Thanks for all your work.
Followed instructions on how to get autolabel from path
$INFO[Container(xxxx).ListItem.Property(autoLabel)]
And it works wonderfully with a merged widget, naming each item as I scroll and editing each folder with a new title on the widget title section.
But I tried some extra steps and it doesn't work completely:
Placed a merged widget inside a cycle widget and it prompts me which are the targets to inckude every single refresh.
(Choose paths to merge)

It looks beautiful but wish I could do the selection step just once and let the widget do it's thing by its own.
I'm having a similar problem, when pressing the play button nothing happens, but the context menu "play" menu-item works. I'm on Kodi matrix with AN Silvo skin, with a widget pointing to an autowiget widget static with a single path to a point in an addon.
in #543, I tried both dev repo and stable
@drinfernoo
Hi thank you for auto widget; I am having issues with it and hoping you can recommend how to correct the issue.
I use auto widget to create the following lists:
  1. IPTV Apps (video apps)
  2. onDemand PAID (video apps)
  3. Other Video Apps (video apps)
  4. Storage and Dropbox (program apps)
  5. Workout Instructor (video shortcuts)
  6. Workout ExerciseVideos (video shortcuts)
  7. Music Apps (music apps)
  8. Addons (Program apps including autowidget, vpn, backup)
Problem
I have tested in both Artic Zyphur Reloaded and Artic Zyphur Resurrection.  (I use all of these Widgets but on my video menu I have two widget groups - Other Video Apps and Storage and Dropbox).
Often KODI crashes randomly in both skins, however- it is really repeatable in Resurrection (near 100% of the time).
To crash Kodi - I only need to clean or update the library (done from the videos submenu).
As I leave the sub-menu, the Widgets begin to spin, and Kodi Crashes.

I am using 3.6.1 and had previously tried wiping my cache.
I have enable path refreshing service to Never.

Other Widgets
I do use lots of other widgets, mainly playlists and a few TMDB helper like trending this week...

What I have done
I have disabled AutoWidget and it appears after trying to crash it on both skins; that KODI carries on running.

I am going to reactivate it but I have disabled all the widgets in my skin menus - to see if the problem still occurs.  It did not happen again.

I then re-enabled it in my skin (all the autowidgets above) and cleaned the libary in the sub-menu of my skins Videos (which has two auto widgets on it) - after the clean completed it crashed KODI back to the Windows 11 desktop (I am running latest Stable Matrix).

Do you have any advice or suggestions, options to enable/disable? 
I can see options such as:
  1. Toggle skin Debugging
  2. Debug Logging...
Would these help advise me, and if so - could I have instructions where I find these logs...?
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
(2022-05-10, 01:58)Smokeycoles Wrote: @drinfernoo
Hi thank you for auto widget; I am having issues with it and hoping you can recommend how to correct the issue.
I use auto widget to create the following lists:
  1. IPTV Apps (video apps)
  2. onDemand PAID (video apps)
  3. Other Video Apps (video apps)
  4. Storage and Dropbox (program apps)
  5. Workout Instructor (video shortcuts)
  6. Workout ExerciseVideos (video shortcuts)
  7. Music Apps (music apps)
  8. Addons (Program apps including autowidget, vpn, backup)
Problem
I have tested in both Artic Zyphur Reloaded and Artic Zyphur Resurrection.  (I use all of these Widgets but on my video menu I have two widget groups - Other Video Apps and Storage and Dropbox).
Often KODI crashes randomly in both skins, however- it is really repeatable in Resurrection (near 100% of the time).
To crash Kodi - I only need to clean or update the library (done from the videos submenu).
As I leave the sub-menu, the Widgets begin to spin, and Kodi Crashes.

I am using 3.6.1 and had previously tried wiping my cache.
I have enable path refreshing service to Never.

Other Widgets
I do use lots of other widgets, mainly playlists and a few TMDB helper like trending this week...

What I have done
I have disabled AutoWidget and it appears after trying to crash it on both skins; that KODI carries on running.

I am going to reactivate it but I have disabled all the widgets in my skin menus - to see if the problem still occurs.  It did not happen again.

I then re-enabled it in my skin (all the autowidgets above) and cleaned the libary in the sub-menu of my skins Videos (which has two auto widgets on it) - after the clean completed it crashed KODI back to the Windows 11 desktop (I am running latest Stable Matrix).

Do you have any advice or suggestions, options to enable/disable? 
I can see options such as:
  1. Toggle skin Debugging
  2. Debug Logging...
Would these help advise me, and if so - could I have instructions where I find these logs...?
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

I have done some more fault finding.

I found out that its not AutoWidget, its only any groups with Video Addons (has to be video addons)
The groups I use for videos in folders and audio apps having them enabled - and I cant repeat crashes.

I tried adding a single group with video addons (for example I enabled IPTV apps - I could crash it)
I disabled IPTV and enable onDemand - I could crash it
I tried Storage - I could crash it.
Removing those groups and updating the library, Kodi would not crash.  

I'm pretty certain of this now.

This is a shout out for others using any Artic Zypher skin (maybe not even that) but have clean and update videos from a sub menu.
Have a autowidget groups with video addon's. and enable them on the menus.
Then clean and update the library and navigate through the menu's quickly.
Do that a couple of times and see if it crashes Kodi?

Any help would be appreciated to see if this is a bug.  Undecided
Hi @drinfernoo,

Great add-on! I'm reaching out here as it seems to be more active rather than on GitHub issues;

I'm experiencing the same/similar problem as reported by some other users. A fresh installation of AutoWidget (both main/dev channels) won't load the widget group created.

I'm running Kodi 19.4 on Xbox Series X with Arctic Horizon 2 and few add-ons.

Steps are as follows to repro:
- Install AutoWidget
- Create new Widget Group using context menu
- Add a single item to Widget Group (I've tried a Trakt watchlist as well as a TMDB Helper "Search")
- Clicking any of the created widgets (static, merged, etc.) results in the group's items failing to load
- Clicking any of the paths in the widget group resolves the path correctly.

I've tried clearing cache, refreshing widgets, etc. as previously recommended to other users with no additional luck.

- https://paste.kodi.tv/oxewucagiq
- backup.zip
Dr Infernoo, great add-on, thanks!

I can't figure this out so rather than give up I thought I should just ask.

I am using a shortcut group as a widget. The shortcuts are directing to Android emulators and all works great, they appear in the widget and load as expected.

I'm trying to tidy them up visually and have used Autowidget to set fanart, posters, and clearlogos which again all works great.

I was hoping to add some info about the emulators kind of like a movie plot, but each time I try to add info I get a Python error about module 'resources.lib.commons.utils' having no atrribute 'info_types'

Is it even possible to add a plot (read "info") to an android app shortcut?

If not, are you aware of any other way to do this?
(2022-08-27, 05:40)silentscreaming Wrote: Dr Infernoo, great add-on, thanks!

I am using a shortcut group as a widget. The shortcuts are directing to Android emulators and all works great, they appear in the widget and load as expected.

I'm trying to tidy them up visually and have used Autowidget to set fanart, posters, and clearlogos which again all works great.

I was hoping to add some info about the emulators kind of like a movie plot, but each time I try to add info I get a Python error about module 'resources.lib.commons.utils' having no atrribute 'info_types'

Ah, you should already be able to do this, but seems there's a bug. I'll try to take a look this week.
@drinfernoo The InfoLabel Pattern doesn't work on Nexus. It returns to blank label after saving it.
(2022-09-18, 14:52)PraiseOdin Wrote: @drinfernoo The InfoLabel Pattern doesn't work on Nexus. It returns to blank label after saving it.

That's expected, as the InfoLabel isn't filled until the widget is loaded, and not visible until it's focused.

Do your thing, save it, and leave it that way, and it should work. I have seen a couple skins that goof it up, and usually people will put some extra character outside of the tag to get around this, like surrounding it in () or an extra space.
(2022-09-18, 15:13)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-09-18, 14:52)PraiseOdin Wrote: @drinfernoo The InfoLabel Pattern doesn't work on Nexus. It returns to blank label after saving it.

That's expected, as the InfoLabel isn't filled until the widget is loaded, and not visible until it's focused.

Do your thing, save it, and leave it that way, and it should work. I have seen a couple skins that goof it up, and usually people will put some extra character outside of the tag to get around this, like surrounding it in () or an extra space.

All good, thanks!
(2022-08-30, 15:16)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 05:40)silentscreaming Wrote: Dr Infernoo, great add-on, thanks!

Ah, you should already be able to do this, but seems there's a bug. I'll try to take a look this week.
For anyone following along and looking to do something similar I was able to achieve what I wanted by manually adding year and plot information directly to the group files held in userdata using a file explorer. I just added
                "year": "the year",
                "plot": "the plot",
directly above
                "size": "-1 B"
for each shortcut in the group.
Hi! I tried to setup a "shortcut group" Of just addons. Added a few to one group and called it Addons (im not really original) I then added this to Bingie skin as a widget on my homepage. It looks great but when i click on any of the shortcuts nothing happens. Am i missing something?
Hey
I can't figure it out - I'm trying to create a shortcut
to the "provider" category in the add-on in the movie db helper
It does a good job
But it doesn't make a shortcut to the "next page" button
What am I not doing right?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1