• 3(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-03-29, 21:30)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 16:19)Rijs43 Wrote: Option to disable the auto refresh during play.. so not just the notification but no refresh at all due the lag in movie..

Next update will have controls for the refreshing itself, and for the notification, with the options: Always, While Nothing Playing, and Never.

EDIT: Defaults will be set to "always" run the service, but only show notifications "while nothing playing". This is my preferred way, so that's why it'll be the default.

Great, thanks. Amazing widget and lot of potential..
Would be great to have in next release option to show only local content in widgets (or local content first) and disable already watched.. would make the addon nearly complete by adding this Smile
(2020-03-29, 23:35)Rijs43 Wrote: Would be great to have in next release option to show only local content in widgets (or local content first) and disable already watched.. would make the addon nearly complete by adding this Smile

Simply add paths to a folder that has content the way you want it. AutoWidget does nothing to influence the content in the widget, only which content should be shown.
(2020-03-29, 23:52)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 23:35)Rijs43 Wrote: Would be great to have in next release option to show only local content in widgets (or local content first) and disable already watched.. would make the addon nearly complete by adding this Smile

Simply add paths to a folder that has content the way you want it. AutoWidget does nothing to influence the content in the widget, only which content should be shown.

Not sure what you mean by this.. can you give an example please so I can gave a look at this suggestion and try to implement? I am using moviedb helper--> Trakt lists
(2020-03-30, 00:08)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 23:52)drinfernoo Wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this.. can you give an example please so I can gave a look at this suggestion and try to implement? I am using moviedb helper--> Trakt lists

AutoWidget doesn't handle hiding watched items, figuring out next up items, fetching metadata and/or artwork, or anything else like that at all.

In order to have widgets that do handle those types of things, add whatever section you have in Kodi that does as a path in an AutoWidget group.

For example: You can add any "next up" style list, from whatever add-on you like, as a path in AutoWidget. When that path gets shown on the widget, it will show your "next up" items, as reported by the add-on you pointed at.
(2020-03-29, 05:18)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:39)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:33)drinfernoo Wrote: Yeah, it appears that skin isn't using Skin Shortcuts at all. I can't tell what the error is without a log... but I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

Once again, AutoWidget does not work without a skin that uses Skin Shortcuts.  

Ok, yea, Xonfluence def doesnt use skin shortcuts. I can see from the log its looking for the skin shortcuts properties, so yea i understand now, thanks.. 

You know what... After thinking about it tonight, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to get them working, even with non-Skin Shortcuts skins. When I started working on this, it had more integration with Skin Shortcuts on my side than it does now, so I hadn't really considered how it could work without it Rofl

It can be done, I'll look into it Big Grin 
Ok everyone, I've got one for you to try. I've gone ahead and set up a way to process AutoWidgets on skins that store their widget data directly into skin strings, rather than into Skin Shortcuts files. This potentially means that we can know use AutoWidget with any skin... I hope Big Grin Another interesting side-effect of this new process is that (if you so choose and can figure out a good reason to do so) you can now probably "nest" widget groups inside of each other. Do with that what you may.

WARNING: Widgets (and widget groups) created in versions 1.2.5 or before are more than likely incompatible with this version, and will need to be recreated if you get errors after updating. This was necessary to solve issues with groups and paths that had the same name, since I was previously identifying them by name, rather than by a unique identifier as I am now.

I've tested this new method and can confirm it works with these types of paths in both Arctic Horizon and Arctic Zephyr 2, but need some more testing in various skins... so go ahead and grab the zip for 0.0.390 here: https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro....0.390.zip Smile
(2020-03-29, 07:53)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 05:18)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:39)jdig4240 Wrote: Ok, yea, Xonfluence def doesnt use skin shortcuts. I can see from the log its looking for the skin shortcuts properties, so yea i understand now, thanks.. 

You know what... After thinking about it tonight, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to get them working, even with non-Skin Shortcuts skins. When I started working on this, it had more integration with Skin Shortcuts on my side than it does now, so I hadn't really considered how it could work without it Rofl

Sweet!

Ok, so I think I've got it working.

If you'd like to test 0.0.392 for me: https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro....0.392.zip

I tested this with Xonfluence, Aeon Tajo (both having either limited or no integration with Skin Shortcuts), and some places in a few other Skin Shortcuts-based skins (Arctic Horizon, Arctic Zephyr 2, and AuraMOD) that weren't working before, and now they are. However, even though I tested some, I'd really love some confirmation from someone else Big Grin If this test release seems to be working well for everyone, I'll be releasing it as 1.3.0, along with some other fixes and stuff.
I get an error when trying to install the 0.0.392 Version with the AuraMOD skin both on my OSMC and on my Windows Kodi 18.6. (Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.autowidget/') I have to create the addon_data folder manualy for it to work. After that i works flawlessly. Smile
(2020-03-31, 01:52)shinji95 Wrote: I get an error when trying to install the 0.0.392 Version with the AuraMOD skin both on my OSMC and on my Windows Kodi 18.6. (Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.autowidget/') I have to create the addon_data folder manualy for it to work. After that i works flawlessly. Smile

That's really strange, but at least it works when you create it manually. I think I may need to look into xbmcvfs a bit more in order to fix that one... but I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet Rofl
(2020-03-30, 23:40)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 07:53)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 05:18)drinfernoo Wrote: You know what... After thinking about it tonight, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to get them working, even with non-Skin Shortcuts skins. When I started working on this, it had more integration with Skin Shortcuts on my side than it does now, so I hadn't really considered how it could work without it Rofl

Sweet! 

If you'd like to test 0.0.392 for me: https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro....0.392.zip

I tested this with Xonfluence, Aeon Tajo (both having either limited or no integration with Skin Shortcuts), and some places in a few other Skin Shortcuts-based skins (Arctic Horizon, Arctic Zephyr 2, and AuraMOD) that weren't working before, and now they are. However, even though I tested some, I'd really love some confirmation from someone else Big Grin If this test release seems to be working well for everyone, I'll be releasing it as 1.3.0, along with some other fixes and stuff. 

I can confirm it is working with Xonfluence skin. Refresh also works and changes correctly. Nice job! This is great. I also noticed the autowidget error when installing, but the addon seems to work just fine. Thank you!
(2020-03-31, 04:26)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 23:40)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 07:53)jdig4240 Wrote: Sweet! 

I can confirm it is working with Xonfluence skin. Refresh also works and changes correctly. Nice job! This is great. I also noticed the autowidget error when installing, but the addon seems to work just fine. Thank you!

Any idea what the error was?
I was thinking when using the shortcut option with some more tweaks this might be close to being able to replace the Superfavorites addon, that unfortunately stopped working correctly since Leia. If we were able to add a thumb/Fanart to the main group same as how you can with items in the group. But thats just my brain going astray,,lol.
(2020-03-31, 04:45)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 04:26)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 23:40)drinfernoo Wrote: Ok, so I think I've got it working.

Any idea what the error was? 

Ill try again and check the log
Log: https://justpaste.it/6im9l
(2020-03-31, 04:52)jdig4240 Wrote: Log: https://justpaste.it/6im9l

Ok, fixed this in 0.0.394.

For anyone that wants to try my dev builds, that's what the devrepo is for, by the way. It won't ever auto-update over a stable version, but often they are broken or will break your current widgets.

If I have a test build I'm particularly proud of, I'll post a link, but you can always install it from the repo if you prefer.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1