• 4(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-03-31, 04:46)jdig4240 Wrote: I was thinking when using the shortcut option with some more tweaks this might be close to being able to replace the Superfavorites addon, that unfortunately stopped working correctly since Leia. If we were able to add a thumb/Fanart to the main group same as how you can with items in the group. But thats just my brain going astray,,lol.

Addinged to my to-do list Big Grin
Yep, error gone.
I've just released 1.3.0 to the stable repo, which adds group editing (similar to the path editor), more robust group and path tracking (no longer based on the name, but on a unique identifier), and (fingers crossed) full support for skins that don't use Skin Shortcuts to manage their menu and/or widgets.

This release makes an attempt to update any existing groups and widgets to the new format, but in particular, widgets pointed at shortcut groups will need to be remade. There is also a possibility that ones pointed at widget groups may also need to be remade, if they cease updating or throw errors.

Also, if there are any other errors upon updating, I'd love to get a log file. The next thing I'll be trying to focus on is making sure that any future changes to the JSON files will be migrated gracefully, and specific error reports will make a world of difference in that regard Big Grin
Hi drinfernoo, I've been testings autowigetes and I really like it. I will update you with any issues i may encounter
Ok so love the idea of this and it works well in arctic horizon, however my main skin is embuary and it does not want to work at all can anyone help?
2020-04-01 16:23:14.223 T:8304  NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ mode: force ]
2020-04-01 16:23:14.242 T:8304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\main.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                router.dispatch(_plugin, _handle, _params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\common\router.py", line 81, in dispatch
                                                convert.refresh_paths(notify=True, force=True)
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 282, in refresh_paths
                                                converted = _convert_widgets(notify)
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 120, in _convert_widgets
                                                converted.extend(_convert_skin_strings(converted))
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 151, in _convert_skin_strings
                                                if 'Random Path ({})'.format(params['id']) in new_setting.text:
                                            TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-04-01, 17:23)popeye2468 Wrote: 2020-04-01 16:23:14.223 T:8304  NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ mode: force ]
2020-04-01 16:23:14.242 T:8304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\main.py", line 9, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\common\router.py", line 81, in dispatch
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 282, in refresh_paths
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 120, in _convert_widgets
                                              File "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 151, in _convert_skin_strings

Try the latest: 1.3.1

I fixed this error in that release.
And 1.3.2 is out as well! This one mainly just cleaned up the code behind the editor dialog a bit, but shouldn't cause any weirdness coming from a previous version (I hope!) Big Grin
(2020-04-01, 19:01)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 17:23)popeye2468 Wrote: 2020-04-01 16:23:14.223 T:8304  NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ mode: force ]

Try the latest: 1.3.1

I fixed this error in that release. 
2020-04-02 12:29:36.717 T:7356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'label_id' referenced before assignment
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\main.py", line 9, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\common\router.py", line 75, in dispatch
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 280, in refresh_paths
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 120, in _convert_widgets
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 157, in _convert_skin_strings
                                                label_setting=label_id)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'label_id' referenced before assignment
Well I must say this is an awesome addon! Good job!

I have a question. I have a widget group with several entries. Now there is always only one action (random path). Is it possible to add multiple actions here?

as an example:
Widget group: Movies
Paths: Movies 1, Movies 2 & Movies 3
Actions: Random Path, Movies 1 Path, Movies 2 Path & Movies 3 Path

if that would work, the addon would be perfect! The loading times are also great.
(2020-04-02, 13:32)popeye2468 Wrote: 2020-04-02 12:29:36.717 T:7356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\main.py", line 9, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\common\router.py", line 75, in dispatch
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 280, in refresh_paths
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 120, in _convert_widgets
                                              File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\convert.py", line 157, in _convert_skin_strings
                                                label_setting=label_id)
In the future, a little bit of context would be nice for these. I can read the error, but it's hard to tell in what circumstance it happened. Things like what skin you got the error with, what type of path you're expecting (widget or shortcut), etc... are all helpful.

With that being said, go ahead and try 1.3.3. I fixed that bug, a couple others, and completely rewrote the editor dialog again.
(2020-04-02, 20:36)chaos83 Wrote: Well I must say this is an awesome addon! Good job!

I have a question. I have a widget group with several entries. Now there is always only one action (random path). Is it possible to add multiple actions here?
Originally, my intent was to have other methods besides "random", and I actually do intend on implementing an "in order" method soon, which will cycle the group's paths in the order they're defined. I have a few users that would like a more predictable result when they refresh their widgets.
Quote:as an example:
Widget group: Movies
Paths: Movies 1, Movies 2 & Movies 3
Actions: Random Path, Movies 1 Path, Movies 2 Path & Movies 3 Path
It would be possible i suppose, but why not just point directly at the path then?
Quote:if that would work, the addon would be perfect! The loading times are also great.
I appreciate that you're liking it! I don't have anything to do with loading times though Wink
(2020-04-02, 21:22)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 13:32)popeye2468 Wrote: 2020-04-02 12:29:36.717 T:7356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                label_setting=label_id)
In the future, a little bit of context would be nice for these. I can read the error, but it's hard to tell in what circumstance it happened. Things like what skin you got the error with, what type of path you're expecting (widget or shortcut), etc... are all helpful.

With that being said, go ahead and try 1.3.3. I fixed that bug, a couple others, and completely rewrote the editor dialog again. 
My Apologies for that feel free to be blunt if im not giving the info you need, but again my apologies

I can confirm however it works like a charm thank you
And just like that, 1.3.4 is out, which mainly should just cover "migration" between versions, in case I keep changing the JSON format Rofl
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1