• 11(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
I don't think Super Favorites is really a viable option for the future (or the present, for that matter), for most users. It's been broken and patched many, many times, and is not anywhere close to being "maintainable" any longer,

a lot of Super Favorites can be replaced with nodes if autowidget can work with nodes

with just the best bits of your favourite addons can be done with nodes
play your favourite music, read your favourite comic strips, can be done with nodes
select your favourite playlists, can be done with nodes
browse your favourite movies, can be done with nodes
listen to your favourite radio stations, can be done with nodes
watch your favourite cartoons, can be done with nodes
(2020-04-23, 16:50)the_other_guy Wrote: I don't think Super Favorites is really a viable option for the future (or the present, for that matter), for most users. It's been broken and patched many, many times, and is not anywhere close to being "maintainable" any longer,

a lot of Super Favorites can be replaced with nodes if autowidget can work with nodes

with just the best bits of your favourite addons can be done with nodes
play your favourite music, read your favourite comic strips, can be done with nodes
select your favourite playlists, can be done with nodes
browse your favourite movies, can be done with nodes
listen to your favourite radio stations, can be done with nodes
watch your favourite cartoons, can be done with nodes

Agreed! Library nodes are super powerful, and a lot of people don't even really know about how to use them. AutoWidget also does work with them, so you can create shortcuts to and/or widgets from them at will.
(2020-04-23, 16:08)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 14:54)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 10:53)FXB78 Wrote: Hi, I tested 1.5.0 and it didn't seem to like my old shorcuts, so I created them from scratch & the playable items, i.e. Radio now work great! Thanks.

One thing I did notice though... is the ability to edit artwork now broken? It just throws an error now when I go in via Edit Path-> art:icon/thumb Smile  

Oh dang! It shouldn't be... Can you post the error or a log?  
Yeah sure, this is the relevant part from the log:
Code:
2020-04-23 15:03:46.612 T:3522159488  NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ action: edit ][ path: bbc_iplayer-1587138844.06 ][ group: catchup-1587138825.32 ][ mode: manage ]
2020-04-23 15:03:54.046 T:3522159488   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'label' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/main.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                router.dispatch(_plugin, _handle, _params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/router.py", line 61, in dispatch
                                                edit.edit_dialog(group, path)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/edit.py", line 390, in edit_dialog
                                                updated = _get_value(edit_def, key)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/edit.py", line 201, in _get_value
                                                options = _get_options(_def, base_key=key, use_thumbs=True)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/edit.py", line 139, in _get_options
                                                if not label:
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'label' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I have identified the issue and have it fixed locally. I'll push the fix later this evening, probably, as 1.5.1.
Hi Guys,

I just installed the new Aura MOD skin and i'll try to use it with autowidget.

When i now select a movie via the homescreen and via a widget it will say: please wait. But i won't loading any movie.
I'll use the TDMB helper addon to path the widget.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
I'm not sure if this is do-able or within the scope of this add-on but it would be awesome if the add-on had the ability to make a widget hub. 

The thought would be that I could create a hub, add a bunch of widgets to that hub and when I went into that hub it would be all of the widgets displayed in rows one after the other.

Here is an example:

So in AutoWidget I would create a hub called "Kids Hub" and then add the "Kids Television In Progress", "Kid's TV Favorites", and "Kids Movies (Recently Added)" widgets to that hub. Then when I went into the hub it would display like above.
(2020-04-24, 14:43)Doctor Eggs Wrote: I'm not sure if this is do-able or within the scope of this add-on but it would be awesome if the add-on had the ability to make a widget hub. 

The thought would be that I could create a hub, add a bunch of widgets to that hub and when I went into that hub it would be all of the widgets displayed in rows one after the other.

Here is an example:

So in AutoWidget I would create a hub called "Kids Hub" and then add the "Kids Television In Progress", "Kid's TV Favorites", and "Kids Movies (Recently Added)" widgets to that hub. Then when I went into the hub it would display like above.
You could do that by creating a menu item called Kids Hub in your skin then adding the widgets to it. That would seem to be the logical way to do it.
(2020-04-24, 14:43)Doctor Eggs Wrote: I'm not sure if this is do-able or within the scope of this add-on but it would be awesome if the add-on had the ability to make a widget hub. 

Here is an example:

Yeah, it kind of doesn't sound like that's a good candidate for using AutoWidget? In that instance, I'd simply set up the hub/menu in your skin, and then point individual widgets.

You could, perhaps obviously, use AutoWidgets inside your hub, for more variety Wink
(2020-04-24, 14:45)FXB78 Wrote:

Here is an example:

You could do that by creating a menu item called Kids Hub in your skin then adding the widgets to it. That would seem to be the logical way to do it.  
I'm assuming that I'm using a different skin than you are as I'm not seeing the ability to do what you are talking about.

In Embuary I have hubs for Movie, TV, Music and a Custom hub that I can add widgets to but that is it. When I create a menu item, I can point it to an AutoWidget but when I click on that it only displays the items for the first widget (more like a shortcut to the content for just the first widget). What I am talking about is when you enter into a menu item, it will display those widgets like in my example above.
Hi, and thanks for the new version. I really appreciate to be able to add playable shortcuts from different sources. However, I got a crash when trying to play widget shortcuts that is a movie or episode. I have tried with different sources/plugins and with different skins. Oddly it works when using Artic Horizon but it fails when using Artic Zephyr. 

Log

/Marcus
(2020-04-24, 15:31)drinfernoo Wrote:

Here is an example:

Yeah, it kind of doesn't sound like that's a good candidate for using AutoWidget? In that instance, I'd simply set up the hub/menu in your skin, and then point individual widgets.

You could, perhaps obviously, use AutoWidgets inside your hub, for more variety Wink   
Thanks for the reply and this AWESOME add-on.

My problem is that in Embuary, I only have one hub (Custom Hub) that I can do this in and I was hoping to be able to create more than just one.

My thought was to be able to point a menu item at an AutoWidget hub and when that opened, you would have just those widgets in that AutoWidget hub.
(2020-04-24, 15:40)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 14:45)FXB78 Wrote:

Here is an example:

I'm assuming that I'm using a different skin than you are as I'm not seeing the ability to do what you are talking about.

In Embuary I have hubs for Movie, TV, Music and a Custom hub that I can add widgets to but that is it. When I create a menu item, I can point it to an AutoWidget but when I click on that it only displays the items for the first widget (more like a shortcut to the content for just the first widget). What I am talking about is when you enter into a menu item, it will display those widgets like in my example above.  
I've never really used Embuary & didn't realise it was that restrictive. Certainly in Arctic Horizon or Arctic Zephyr 2 you can add multiple widgets, as you can in most skins. Maybe there is a way to do it in Embuary, it seems odd that they don't have this functionality.

Here's how it looks in Arctic Horizon with two widgets added:

I'm sure I had this working previously but now it doesn't seem to want to work for me Smile

Adding a Widget to TMDB Helper/Randomised -> Random TV Shows Genre the label shows as 'Random TV Shows Genre' on the home screen, whereas going into Auto Widgets it shows the actual Genre, i.e. Crime. Can this be changed to show the actual Genre on the Home Screen? I'm sure it used to work like that.

(2020-04-24, 15:58)macardi Wrote: Hi, and thanks for the new version. I really appreciate to be able to add playable shortcuts from different sources. However, I got a crash when trying to play widget shortcuts that is a movie or episode. I have tried with different sources/plugins and with different skins. Oddly it works when using Artic Horizon but it fails when using Artic Zephyr. 

Log

/Marcus

That appears like it would be an issue with the playing add-on.
(2020-04-24, 16:14)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 15:31)drinfernoo Wrote:

Here is an example:

Thanks for the reply and this AWESOME add-on.

My problem is that in Embuary, I only have one hub (Custom Hub) that I can do this in and I was hoping to be able to create more than just one.

My thought was to be able to point a menu item at an AutoWidget hub and when that opened, you would have just those widgets in that AutoWidget hub.

The skin would have to have a special window I could populate with those lists... The skin is the one actually displaying the widgets.
(2020-04-24, 16:24)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 15:40)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 14:45)FXB78 Wrote: You could do that by creating a menu item called Kids Hub in your skin then adding the widgets to it. That would seem to be the logical way to do it.    

I've never really used Embuary & didn't realise it was that restrictive. Certainly in Arctic Horizon or Arctic Zephyr 2 you can add multiple widgets, as you can in most skins. Maybe there is a way to do it in Embuary, it seems odd that they don't have this functionality.

Here's how it looks in Arctic Horizon with two widgets added:

He's referring to Embuary's hubs, which do function quite a bit differently (as the rest of the skin).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1