• 14(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-05-16, 13:35)swiss_lis Wrote: Hi, I opened a github request before about hiding watched films in auto widgets and you were also discussing with jurialmunkey. Did it end up something which isn't possible, or are you still looking into a 'fix' for it? Many thanks.

It isn't something that AutoWidget will handle. You can see in the issue that we narrowed it down to just using the proper paths. Add-ons handle that, but AutoWidget just "passes it on".
(2020-05-16, 14:37)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 13:35)swiss_lis Wrote: Hi, I opened a github request before about hiding watched films in auto widgets and you were also discussing with jurialmunkey. Did it end up something which isn't possible, or are you still looking into a 'fix' for it? Many thanks.

It isn't something that AutoWidget will handle. You can see in the issue that we narrowed it down to just using the proper paths. Add-ons handle that, but AutoWidget just "passes it on".

Apologies I didn't see the edited end response to say you figured out the reason for the behaviour! Will take a look and figure out correct paths for trakt lists through TMDB helper. Thanks!
Just an update for everyone... I'm still plugging away at this, and have a handful more really neat (I hope Wink) features that I hope to show off really soon.

In the meantime, I've just put out 1.6.6, which adds shortcuts in the settings dialog to backup your groups, and restore them from a previous backup.

Bear in mind that this won't backup any actual widgets you've made in the skin.
(2020-05-16, 10:43)macardi Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 02:23)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-15, 21:38)macardi Wrote: I would like to rise this issue again since it still persists on my setup with the latest version of Autowidget. I have tried with a number of video addons - Netflix, HBO, Viaplay, Cmore, Retrospect, Dplay, YouTube. Kodi crashes when starting a stream (movie or episode) from a shortcut group with any of these addons except YouTube. I have also tried with different skins and it happens with all I tested except Artic Horizon as I mentioned in my previous post.

Since I cant see any other reports of this issue I wonder what's the cause, any ideas?

Cheers
Marcus  

I'm really not sure... I can test a couple of those, namely YouTube and Netflix, but those are the only two you mentioned that I'm able to use. There shouldn't necessarily be any reason why that would be happening, but with a debug log I can probably find the issue and get it working for you.

my recommendation for people who are having issues is to zip the addon_data/plugin.program.autowidget and addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folders, along with the one for your skin, and a debug log.

This gives me all the pertinent information about your AutoWidget setup (the groups you've made, the widgets you've pointed, and any skin settings that are relevant), and will give me the best chance to fully replicate, if possible, and fix the issue.        
Thanks for your answer!

I have ziped the files and folders that you asked for.

Loggs

Thanks!
Marcus  

Did you get a chance to look at my logs? My problem is still there with the new release.

/Marcus
It seems like after every update of Auto Widgets I have to delete all the Widgets from my skin & re-add them. There seems to be some conflict between Skin Shortcuts & Auto Widgets where when I make any changes to any widget in the skin settings it won't save and defaults all my widgets back to Poster view. If I change the view back to Landscape it won't save so I have to remove and re-add all my Widgets.

I think this issue is caused by new code being added which doesn't account for the missing code in the legacy Widgets. I've done a quick log file showing the error, hopefully this gives you enough info https://paste.kodi.tv/jalarozobo.kodi

From what I can make out it doesn't like the }83"} section at the end of this string, which I can only assume was change in the most recent version:
Code:
"id": "4027fc4b-b6b4-4880-a9bd-b490ea628}83"}

For reference this is the contents of widget "dc7d303e-37b4-474f-9270-7d13fbd0c790" which is shown in the log file https://paste.kodi.tv/ebevofaraj
(2020-05-19, 20:30)FXB78 Wrote: It seems like after every update of Auto Widgets I have to delete all the Widgets from my skin & re-add them. There seems to be some conflict between Skin Shortcuts & Auto Widgets where when I make any changes to any widget in the skin settings it won't save and defaults all my widgets back to Poster view. If I change the view back to Landscape it won't save so I have to remove and re-add all my Widgets.

I think this issue is caused by new code being added which doesn't account for the missing code in the legacy Widgets. I've done a quick log file showing the error, hopefully this gives you enough info https://paste.kodi.tv/jalarozobo.kodi

From what I can make out it doesn't like the }83"} section at the end of this string, which I can only assume was change in the most recent version:
Code:
"id": "4027fc4b-b6b4-4880-a9bd-b490ea628}83"}

For reference this is the contents of widget "dc7d303e-37b4-474f-9270-7d13fbd0c790" which is shown in the log file https://paste.kodi.tv/ebevofaraj

This one I'm currently working on fixing. It does have to do with the way it's "hacking" the Skin Shortcuts files... and I'm crossing my fingers to not be doing any of that with 2.0.0, which I'm actively working on.

I'm not sure exactly why it's malforming it like that, but I should have a final fix out very soon.
Great stuff, thanks.
(2020-05-19, 19:01)macardi Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 10:43)macardi Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 02:23)drinfernoo Wrote: I'm really not sure... I can test a couple of those, namely YouTube and Netflix, but those are the only two you mentioned that I'm able to use. There shouldn't necessarily be any reason why that would be happening, but with a debug log I can probably find the issue and get it working for you.

my recommendation for people who are having issues is to zip the addon_data/plugin.program.autowidget and addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folders, along with the one for your skin, and a debug log.

This gives me all the pertinent information about your AutoWidget setup (the groups you've made, the widgets you've pointed, and any skin settings that are relevant), and will give me the best chance to fully replicate, if possible, and fix the issue.        
Thanks for your answer!

Loggs

Thanks!
Marcus  

Did you get a chance to look at my logs? My problem is still there with the new release.

/Marcus    

Oddly, enough, while testing, I actually replicated it with other add-ons Big Grin I'm looking into a fix now.

EDIT: Can you try it with 0.0.744 from the devrepo? I may have gotten it fixed there. Make sure it's that one, subsequent versions may still be missing the fix until I merge it to master.

EDIT 2: I've pushed a new devrepo release, 0.0.746, which includes the above fix, as well as my changes heading towards 2.0.0, if you'd like to try them out. Bear in mind that these releases aren't "intended" for public consumption, and a few things aren't working exactly right at the moment, but anything regarding shortcut widgets should be working fine. Also be advised, widgets you created in older versions will not refresh correctly with this version, but the groups should still work the same, and rolling back to 1.6.6 should cause them to function again... I think Big Grin
(2020-05-20, 01:27)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 10:43)macardi Wrote: Thanks for your answer!

Loggs

Thanks!
Marcus  

/Marcus    

Oddly, enough, while testing, I actually replicated it with other add-ons Big Grin I'm looking into a fix now.

EDIT: Can you try it with 0.0.744 from the devrepo? I may have gotten it fixed there. Make sure it's that one, subsequent versions may still be missing the fix until I merge it to master.  

Is this the cause of the Skin Shortcuts error, unable to build menu? Using TVDBH and autowidgets. Arctic Horizon.
(2020-05-20, 03:34)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 19:01)macardi Wrote: Did you get a chance to look at my logs? My problem is still there with the new release.

/Marcus    

Is this the cause of the Skin Shortcuts error, unable to build menu? Using TVDBH and autowidgets. Arctic Horizon.

That one's unrelated to this, but should be fixed soon as well.
(2020-05-16, 10:43)macardi Wrote: Thanks for your answer!

Loggs

Thanks!
Marcus  

/Marcus      

EDIT 2: I've pushed a new devrepo release, 0.0.746, which includes the above fix, as well as my changes heading towards 2.0.0, if you'd like to try them out. Bear in mind that these releases aren't "intended" for public consumption, and a few things aren't working exactly right at the moment, but anything regarding shortcut widgets should be working fine. Also be advised, widgets you created in older versions will not refresh correctly with this version, but the groups should still work the same, and rolling back to 1.6.6 should cause them to function again... I think Big Grin  

Hi and thank you for looking in to this! Really appreciate it! 

With 0.0.744 everything is working perfectly! However when testing with 0.0.746 the videoinfodialog appears (with very limited info) when clicking a shortcut widget. When clicking "Play" nothing happens. Also tried with 0.0.750 and then I got an playback error when hitting "Play", but the video is playing in the background, but when choosing OK it stops. Maybe this is an example of "a few things aren't working exactly right at the moment" as you point out in your answer above. However, thought I should report it if not.

Cheers
Marcus
(2020-05-20, 10:36)macardi Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 19:01)macardi Wrote: Did you get a chance to look at my logs? My problem is still there with the new release.

/Marcus      

With 0.0.744 everything is working perfectly! However when testing with 0.0.746 the videoinfodialog appears (with very limited info) when clicking a shortcut widget. When clicking "Play" nothing happens. Also tried with 0.0.750 and then I got an playback error when hitting "Play", but the video is playing in the background, but when choosing OK it stops. Maybe this is an example of "a few things aren't working exactly right at the moment" as you point out in your answer above. However, thought I should report it if not.

Cheers
Marcus

This morning I was testing with 0.0.752, and used shortcuts to a variety of different types of content from a few different add-ons in my test environment, and cannot replicate any of those anymore. All of my shortcuts are working, including ones that go directly to a playable file.
(2020-05-20, 18:44)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 10:36)macardi Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 01:27)drinfernoo Wrote: Oddly, enough, while testing, I actually replicated it with other add-ons Big Grin I'm looking into a fix now.

Cheers
Marcus 

This morning I was testing with 0.0.752, and used shortcuts to a variety of different types of content from a few different add-ons in my test environment, and cannot replicate any of those anymore. All of my shortcuts are working, including ones that go directly to a playable file. 
That's weird. What skin are you using during your test? Its still working with Artic Horizon but not with other skins I tested.

The problem is related to the videoinfodialog that appears in later versions when selecting a playable shorcut. It works if I bypass the videoinfodialog by choosing the Kodi setting Play instead of Show Information under "Media" - "Videos" - "Default select action".  

/Marcus
(2020-05-21, 09:46)macardi Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 18:44)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 10:36)macardi Wrote: Hi and thank you for looking in to this! Really appreciate it! 

Cheers
Marcus 

That's weird. What skin are you using during your test? Its still working with Artic Horizon but not with other skins I tested.

The problem is related to the videoinfodialog that appears in later versions when selecting a playable shorcut. It works if I bypass the videoinfodialog by choosing the Kodi setting Play instead of Show Information under "Media" - "Videos" - "Default select action".  

/Marcus

Oh... if you default action is "Show Information", then I'm almost certain you're going to have issues. Shortcuts aren't really intended to be used that way Undecided Let me have a think on how I can handle that, if at all.
Ahh I see! Didn’t realized that. What have changed from 0.0.744 in this respect. That version was working great.

/Marcus
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1