• 16(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-05-28, 13:38)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 22:59)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 21:17)Doctor Eggs Wrote: @drinfernoo 

I'm having an issue with making a shortcut point to the Disney+ video add-on. I can get it to work for other add-ons, but keep getting an error.

I've tried the following paths:
* RunPlugin("plugin://slyguy.disney.plus")
* plugin://slyguy.disney.plus

When I add it as a favorite, it has the command "RunAddon(slyguy.disney.plus)" but that doesn't work and when I try to use the favorite as a autowidget shortcut it fails. 

Here is the log where I click on the autowidget and it fails: https://pastebin.com/0dwP0Yt8

Are you simply trying to have a shortcut to the root menu of the add-on? If so, then you should be able to do it from the "Video Add-ons" menu successfully. Is that what you've done?    
Yes, that is what I did. I also tried to go into the add-on and create a shortcut of a sub menu item, but it gives me the same error.

The only reason I tried to create it from the favorites is that it does open successfully directly from there.   

Ope, another look at your log and I found the issue Big Grin I can fix that Smile

EDIT: And... fixed in 1.6.7.

EDIT 2: I've actually just pushed 1.6.8, which adds a setting to disable the notification sound... It's been driving me nuts Big Grin
(2020-05-28, 14:29)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 13:38)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 22:59)drinfernoo Wrote: Are you simply trying to have a shortcut to the root menu of the add-on? If so, then you should be able to do it from the "Video Add-ons" menu successfully. Is that what you've done?    
Yes, that is what I did. I also tried to go into the add-on and create a shortcut of a sub menu item, but it gives me the same error.

The only reason I tried to create it from the favorites is that it does open successfully directly from there.    

Ope, another look at your log and I found the issue Big Grin I can fix that Smile

EDIT: And... fixed in 1.6.7.

EDIT 2: I've actually just pushed 1.6.8, which adds a setting to disable the notification sound... It's been driving me nuts Big Grin 

Works GREAT! Thank you!
One other thought.  Again this is a function of trying to do a build for a tablet with a touch screen where I have to be careful with how I show information on screen.  Using Silvio skin
What I want to do is create a widget which effectively duplicates what would normally be a sub menu (the sub menu is just too small for my fingers hence the need to move it to a widget).  In this case it would be a sub menu for add on so the sub-menu widget would contain shortcuts to, for example, add on browser, file manager, video add on.
I cannot see a way of doing that in autowidgets because it wants the shortcut to be to a path rather than an action (such ActivateWindow (Addonbrowser)).
Am I missing something obvious or is this just something auto widgets cannot do?
(2020-05-29, 23:42)justin150 Wrote: One other thought.  Again this is a function of trying to do a build for a tablet with a touch screen where I have to be careful with how I show information on screen.  Using Silvio skin
What I want to do is create a widget which effectively duplicates what would normally be a sub menu (the sub menu is just too small for my fingers hence the need to move it to a widget).  In this case it would be a sub menu for add on so the sub-menu widget would contain shortcuts to, for example, add on browser, file manager, video add on.
I cannot see a way of doing that in autowidgets because it wants the shortcut to be to a path rather than an action (such ActivateWindow (Addonbrowser)).
Am I missing something obvious or is this just something auto widgets cannot do?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2946689
(2020-05-30, 02:57)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 23:42)justin150 Wrote: One other thought.  Again this is a function of trying to do a build for a tablet with a touch screen where I have to be careful with how I show information on screen.  Using Silvio skin

No that does not work for me, or to be strictly accurate using the Silvio skin, it does not work if the shortcut is part of a skin widget.  I suspect this is probably the same problem which I ran across when trying to include a refresh widget shortcut in a different widget. This may or may not have the same issues with other skins.  I only wish I had the coding skills to help.

One other question: when I go into path editor there appears to be appears to be 2 different ids: one is for the relevant group and is a long hexadecimal string the other  id is to each specific shortcut eg if I was to create a shortcut to Trending Today in TMDB Helper) the id might be "Trending Today - 1234567879.99". 
Can that second id be edited without breaking things? So for example if I created the Trending Today shortcut and then edited it so it was a shortcut to ActivateWindow(FileManager) would changing the shortcut id to "File Manager -1234..." work if I did it immediately after creating the shortcut?  It is just a small point.

Just to be clear I really like this add on, I am just struggling a little
(2020-05-30, 19:17)justin150 Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 02:57)drinfernoo Wrote:

No that does not work for me, or to be strictly accurate using the Silvio skin, it does not work if the shortcut is part of a skin widget.  I suspect this is probably the same problem which I ran across when trying to include a refresh widget shortcut in a different widget. This may or may not have the same issues with other skins.  I only wish I had the coding skills to help.

One other question: when I go into path editor there appears to be appears to be 2 different ids: one is for the relevant group and is a long hexadecimal string the other  id is to each specific shortcut eg if I was to create a shortcut to Trending Today in TMDB Helper) the id might be "Trending Today - 1234567879.99". 
Can that second id be edited without breaking things? So for example if I created the Trending Today shortcut and then edited it so it was a shortcut to ActivateWindow(FileManager) would changing the shortcut id to "File Manager -1234..." work if I did it immediately after creating the shortcut?  It is just a small point.

Just to be clear I really like this add on, I am just struggling a little

What happens in Silvo?

For widgets, yes. There is a standard UUID (the long string of hexadecimal groups), and the group ID that the widget pulls from, which is based on the group title and the epoch time when it was created.

The group ID here should match the id tag from the group in question, or else lots of things will break. It is not advised to change any id tag, which is why they're hidden behind the "advanced settings".
drinfernoo, a small request if possible. Im using the shortcuts options more and more. Sometimes i have quite a few shortcuts in one group. When i add something new to the shortcuts group, sometimes I want to move it all the way to the top of the list. I know theres a Shift up and Shift down option, but shifting the bottom shortcut all the way to the top is a bit time consuming for some of my shortcut groups. So my question is, can an option be added to Shift to top? Or like Superfavorites does, if the shortcut is at the end you can choose Move down even if its already at the bottom of the list and puts it at the top. Thanks!
(2020-06-09, 04:52)jdig4240 Wrote: drinfernoo, a small request if possible. Im using the shortcuts options more and more. Sometimes i have quite a few shortcuts in one group. When i add something new to the shortcuts group, sometimes I want to move it all the way to the top of the list. I know theres a Shift up and Shift down option, but shifting the bottom shortcut all the way to the top is a bit time consuming for some of my shortcut groups. So my question is, can an option be added to Shift to top? Or like Superfavorites does, if the shortcut is at the end you can choose Move down even if its already at the bottom of the list and puts it at the top. Thanks!

I think it could definitely be done to simply let them loop around. I don't mind this idea at all, but definitely want to consider how many things end up in the context menu in the end, so I think that would be the simplest course of action.
(2020-06-09, 18:29)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 04:52)jdig4240 Wrote: drinfernoo, a small request if possible. Im using the shortcuts options more and more. Sometimes i have quite a few shortcuts in one group. When i add something new to the shortcuts group, sometimes I want to move it all the way to the top of the list. I know theres a Shift up and Shift down option, but shifting the bottom shortcut all the way to the top is a bit time consuming for some of my shortcut groups. So my question is, can an option be added to Shift to top? Or like Superfavorites does, if the shortcut is at the end you can choose Move down even if its already at the bottom of the list and puts it at the top. Thanks!

I think it could definitely be done to simply let them loop around. I don't mind this idea at all, but definitely want to consider how many things end up in the context menu in the end, so I think that would be the simplest course of action.

That would work fine for me, thanks for considering it.
drinfernoo, maybe a future option for the shortcuts section. The ability to add a custom shortcut while in AW group? Like Kodi commands? For example, trying to add a File Manager shortcut to a shortcut group. Normally by creating a custom submenu/or Superfavorite shortcut I can just use ActivateWindow(filemanager), and that works, tried adding a random shortcut to the group and tried changing the path to ActivateWindow(filemanager), but AW doesnt seem to like that. For now my workaround is creating the custom shortcut in Superfavorites and adding that to the autowidget shortcut group and that works. Do you know what path would work for File Manager for example?
(2020-06-11, 05:08)jdig4240 Wrote: drinfernoo, maybe a future option for the shortcuts section. The ability to add a custom shortcut while in AW group? Like Kodi commands? For example, trying to add a File Manager shortcut to a shortcut group. Normally by creating a custom submenu/or Superfavorite shortcut I can just use ActivateWindow(filemanager), and that works, tried adding a random shortcut to the group and tried changing the path to ActivateWindow(filemanager), but AW doesnt seem to like that. For now my workaround is creating the custom shortcut in Superfavorites and adding that to the autowidget shortcut group and that works. Do you know what path would work for File Manager for example?

I have been thinking something like that needs to be in... but haven't figured out exactly how I want to implement it.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to use the path you said though, but the "random" shortcut you add needs to be an "action", like "Force Refresh Widgets".
(2020-06-11, 21:04)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-06-11, 05:08)jdig4240 Wrote: drinfernoo, maybe a future option for the shortcuts section. The ability to add a custom shortcut while in AW group? Like Kodi commands? For example, trying to add a File Manager shortcut to a shortcut group. Normally by creating a custom submenu/or Superfavorite shortcut I can just use ActivateWindow(filemanager), and that works, tried adding a random shortcut to the group and tried changing the path to ActivateWindow(filemanager), but AW doesnt seem to like that. For now my workaround is creating the custom shortcut in Superfavorites and adding that to the autowidget shortcut group and that works. Do you know what path would work for File Manager for example?

I have been thinking something like that needs to be in... but haven't figured out exactly how I want to implement it.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to use the path you said though, but the "random" shortcut you add needs to be an "action", like "Force Refresh Widgets".
Ahh, i get what your saying and you gave me the clue.  So setting the Content and the window n the edit path section is key. Content=files, Window=Programs as far as file manager goes, . Gotcha.. Thanks.
Hi
1.6.8 is working great, thanks for your hard work fixing the issues I had.
There is one thing I would like to address however. For some of the streaming services I use, when adding a tv-series as a shortcut, the path element “window” is set to program instead of videos. This makes the path unusable since I can’t open and play the episodes in the list. I can fix this by editing the path and change “window” from program to videos.
I guess that this have something to do with how autowidget decides whats the content in combination with how the content is set by the addon? I have checked against the addons and the system window is set to videos.
I can provide a debug log later today if needed.
/Marcus
(2020-06-12, 06:54)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-11, 21:04)drinfernoo Wrote:

Ahh, i get what your saying and you gave me the clue.  So setting the Content and the window n the edit path section is key. Content=files, Window=Programs as far as file manager goes, . Gotcha.. Thanks.

These should still be the only stipulations on how the path you're trying to call should work.
(2020-06-12, 10:57)macardi Wrote: Hi
1.6.8 is working great, thanks for your hard work fixing the issues I had.
There is one thing I would like to address however. For some of the streaming services I use, when adding a tv-series as a shortcut, the path element “window” is set to program instead of videos. This makes the path unusable since I can’t open and play the episodes in the list. I can fix this by editing the path and change “window” from program to videos.
I guess that this have something to do with how autowidget decides whats the content in combination with how the content is set by the addon? I have checked against the addons and the system window is set to videos.
I can provide a debug log later today if needed.
/Marcus

Yeah, that sounds like what's happening. Unfortunately, some add-ons don't set the appropriate content types in every section, for one reason or another... And I think I have the most accurate representation here if what should be done with which combination of content and the window it came from, but I don't think I can account for add-ons that are doing it differently Undecided

Fortunately, you can always edit the path after the fact Big Grin
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1