• 21(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-04-03, 19:21)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 19:09)FXB78 Wrote: Using Arctic Horizon I edited the Plot on a row of shortcuts & expected it to appear under the Title but it shows 'No information available'. Is this expected behaviour?

That label will actually be filled by ListItem.Label2, which AutoWidget doesn't fill. I can make that a feature soon.
Did this ever get implemented, I had a look & couldn't see it anywhere? I tried adding a Description & it didn't work, do you know which tag I need to add for this?
(2020-08-10, 16:39)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 14:55)jdig4240 Wrote: Drinfernoo, ok hear me out on this one. Let me know if this makes any sense. Using Xonfluence everything working great. So, i would like to see if this is possible or maybe added in a future update. I made a movie widget group, set the widget as Static style, and no auto refresh. After setting the widget, when the skin first trys to load the widget, AW brings up the dialog box that asks you to choose a path for the widget. Thats great, but what i would like is to have a submenu button called "Choose Widget", that would bring up that same dialog box again and would let you change the widget again on demand. So I would be able to change to the specific widget when i wanted to by hitting the "Choose Widget" submenu button. Can this be possible? Or can you tell me the command to make this "Switch Widget" button to make the Choose Widget box pop up again ?

There isn't a direct shortcut to it, but you can accomplish it by going into "Active Widgets", editing the widget in question, and removing it. When the skin reloads this widget, it'll show the dialog again.

Yes, i get that. So is this something you would consider in the future or no?
(2020-08-10, 16:46)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 19:21)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 19:09)FXB78 Wrote: Using Arctic Horizon I edited the Plot on a row of shortcuts & expected it to appear under the Title but it shows 'No information available'. Is this expected behaviour?

That label will actually be filled by ListItem.Label2, which AutoWidget doesn't fill. I can make that a feature soon.
Did this ever get implemented, I had a look & couldn't see it anywhere? I tried adding a Description & it didn't work, do you know which tag I need to add for this?

Actually, it turns out I'm not able to set that directly. Different skins actually show different labels there, so some experimentation may be needed to figure it which one will work.
(2020-08-10, 17:18)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 16:39)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 14:55)jdig4240 Wrote: Drinfernoo, ok hear me out on this one. Let me know if this makes any sense. Using Xonfluence everything working great. So, i would like to see if this is possible or maybe added in a future update. I made a movie widget group, set the widget as Static style, and no auto refresh. After setting the widget, when the skin first trys to load the widget, AW brings up the dialog box that asks you to choose a path for the widget. Thats great, but what i would like is to have a submenu button called "Choose Widget", that would bring up that same dialog box again and would let you change the widget again on demand. So I would be able to change to the specific widget when i wanted to by hitting the "Choose Widget" submenu button. Can this be possible? Or can you tell me the command to make this "Switch Widget" button to make the Choose Widget box pop up again ?

There isn't a direct shortcut to it, but you can accomplish it by going into "Active Widgets", editing the widget in question, and removing it. When the skin reloads this widget, it'll show the dialog again.

Sure, I'm already considering a few "external" actions that can act on AutoWidget (for example, so that a different add-on or skin can call AutoWidget paths directly), so I'll add that to the list Big Grin
(2020-08-10, 19:12)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 17:18)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 16:39)drinfernoo Wrote: There isn't a direct shortcut to it, but you can accomplish it by going into "Active Widgets", editing the widget in question, and removing it. When the skin reloads this widget, it'll show the dialog again.

Sure, I'm already considering a few "external" actions that can act on AutoWidget (for example, so that a different add-on or skin can call AutoWidget paths directly), so I'll add that to the list Big Grin

Hmm, does - Allow 'path' to be editing for static widgets, have anything to do with my request or no?? I see 2.3 is not backwards compatible with anything made with 2.2. So was just curious about that before i decide whether to re-do all my shortcuts again. Thanks.
(2020-08-11, 04:08)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 19:12)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 17:18)jdig4240 Wrote: Yes, i get that. So is this something you would consider in the future or no?

Hmm, does - Allow 'path' to be editing for static widgets, have anything to do with my request or no?? I see 2.3 is not backwards compatible with anything made with 2.2. So was just curious about that before i decide whether to re-do all my shortcuts again. Thanks.

Umm, vaguely I suppose. You can now change the path displayed, from the editor dialog in "Active Widgets", but there isn't a shortcut for it yet.
Sick of me yet??
Ok, next question/feature request. As im using AW more, Im creating many submenu shortcuts to the AW shortcut groups Ive created. Question is is it possible to set a content type for AW itself? I see AW identifies itself as "Files". This restricts some viewtypes that i would like to use for my Shortcut groups in AW. Maybe a possibility to set the content type of of each shortcut group separately with the edit group option?? Or even just an option in AW addon  settings itself to set the Content type of AW shortcut groups?? This way I could utilize more viewtypes for my shortcut groups. I would think its possible as SF has this option. Thanks.
(2020-08-12, 06:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Sick of me yet??
Ok, next question/feature request. As im using AW more, Im creating many submenu shortcuts to the AW shortcut groups Ive created. Question is is it possible to set a content type for AW itself? I see AW identifies itself as "Files". This restricts some viewtypes that i would like to use for my Shortcut groups in AW. Maybe a possibility to set the content type of of each shortcut group separately with the edit group option?? Or even just an option in AW addon  settings itself to set the Content type of AW shortcut groups?? This way I could utilize more viewtypes for my shortcut groups. I would think its possible as SF has this option. Thanks.

I'll look into it.
ok so i been trying to add us channels from tvtap addon and successfully have by creating a live tv group and a live sports group by adding just us channels individually to its respective group and i created the groups both as widget and shorcut and succesfully create said widget or shortcut i added to homescreen the problem is when i click the channel it doesnt load the channel it either cycles fast like its going to play and doesnt or it takes me to the tvtap addon directory how would i go about adding it in a certain way to auto widget so that it plays when i click on a channel from the homescreen thanks and great job and great widget amazing widget
(2020-08-16, 01:29)soundsofmath Wrote: ok so i been trying to add us channels from tvtap addon and successfully have by creating a live tv group and a live sports group by adding just us channels individually to its respective group and i created the groups both as widget and shorcut and succesfully create said widget or shortcut i added to homescreen the problem is when i click the channel it doesnt load the channel it either cycles fast like its going to play and doesnt or it takes me to the tvtap addon directory how would i go about adding it in a certain way to auto widget so that it plays when i click on a channel from the homescreen thanks and great job and great widget amazing widget

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that shortcuts in a shortcut group aren't working for you? Are they shortcuts directly to something that plays a file/stream? Or into a menu?
Hi, I'm getting these errors...

python:
2020-08-16 08:23:45.404 T:4088343984   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2020-08-16 08:23:55.526 T:2978972544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'file'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/main.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                router.dispatch(_plugin, _handle, _params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/router.py", line 74, in dispatch
                                                is_dir, category = menu.group_menu(group)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/menu.py", line 107, in group_menu
                                                info=path_def['file'],
                                            KeyError: 'file'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-08-16 08:23:55.904 T:2995757952   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?group=kinofilme-1588272048.39&mode=group
2020-08-16 08:23:55.920 T:4088343984   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?group=kinofilme-1588272048.39&mode=group) failed
2020-08-16 08:24:06.423 T:2978972544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/main.py", line 13, in <module>
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/router.py", line 74, in dispatch
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/menu.py", line 107, in group_menu
                                                info=path_def['file'],
(2020-08-16, 08:32)chaos83 Wrote: Hi, I'm getting these errors...

python:
2020-08-16 08:23:45.404 T:4088343984   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2020-08-16 08:23:55.526 T:2978972544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                info=path_def['file'],
2020-08-16 08:23:55.904 T:2995757952   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?group=kinofilme-1588272048.39&mode=group
2020-08-16 08:23:55.920 T:4088343984   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?group=kinofilme-1588272048.39&mode=group) failed
2020-08-16 08:24:06.423 T:2978972544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                info=path_def['file'],

That appears to be an error caused by using incompatible 1.x groups with 2.x.
AutoWidget is not cooperating with PVR IPTV Simple Client.

I will make this short as possible.

I made shortcut widgets out of PVR channels with AutoWidget and put them into Home screen submenu.

When I check AutoWidget settings it shows that it will open "file: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_xxxxxxxxxx.pvr"

If I open that channel through PVR it works, if I open it through AutoWidget from above mentioned Home screen submenu it dims screen for 0.1s and lights it up again, it won't open any channel.

Tested on my 8+ months old Kodi build and on completely resetted Kodi build. Skin is Arctic Zephyr 2. Happens on my both Android TV 9 Box and Tablet. I don't see any need of uploading any log files, completely resetted Kodi 18.7 with only Arctic Zephyr 2 + PVR Client v3.9.8 + AutoWidget 2.3.3 is enough to reproduce this annoying bug. At the begining it will work but as soon as you start adding more widgets or after you restart Kodi it will start with this annoying behaviour.

​​​​​Thanks to author of this amazing Add-on. I hope this can be fixed soon.
(2020-08-16, 18:14)ArcticBeast Wrote: AutoWidget is not cooperating with PVR IPTV Simple Client.

I made shortcut widgets out of PVR channels with AutoWidget and put them into Home screen submenu.

When I check AutoWidget settings it shows that it will open "file: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_xxxxxxxxxx.pvr"

If I open that channel through PVR it works, if I open it through AutoWidget from above mentioned Home screen submenu it dims screen for 0.1s and lights it up again, it won't open any channel.

Tested on my 8+ months old Kodi build and on completely resetted Kodi build. Skin is Arctic Zephyr 2. Happens on my both Android TV 9 Box and Tablet. I don't see any need of uploading any log files, completely resetted Kodi 18.7 with only Arctic Zephyr 2 + PVR Client v3.9.8 + AutoWidget 2.3.3 is enough to reproduce this annoying bug. At the begining it will work but as soon as you start adding more widgets or after you restart Kodi it will start with this annoying behaviour.

It works as long as you don't reset the PVR causing it to reassign new channel ID's. You must have a setting selected which resets PVR Channels on boot.
(2020-08-16, 19:00)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 18:14)ArcticBeast Wrote: AutoWidget is not cooperating with PVR IPTV Simple Client.

It works as long as you don't reset the PVR causing it to reassign new channel ID's. You must have a setting selected which resets PVR Channels on boot.
Oh, it might be the case. But where do I find this option? PVR IPTV Simple Client has options like m3u location, user-agent, EPG settings and channel logos settings. I don't see any option related to channel ID's that confuse AutoWidget.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1