• 24(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
Is there a particular Working version of autowidget for Krpton 17.6? All of the versions of 2.x I have tried do not work. I uninstalled and used the first dev version in the repo which seems to work without throwing any errors. I haven’t been able to find any documentation pertaining to Krpton specific versions.
(2020-09-20, 04:00)rmflint Wrote: Is there a particular Working version of autowidget for Krpton 17.6? All of the versions of 2.x I have tried do not work. I uninstalled and used the first dev version in the repo which seems to work without throwing any errors. I haven’t been able to find any documentation pertaining to Krpton specific versions.
Skin: Aeon Nox Silvo
Kodi: Krpton 17.6
(2020-09-20, 04:40)rmflint Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 04:00)rmflint Wrote: Is there a particular Working version of autowidget for Krpton 17.6? All of the versions of 2.x I have tried do not work. I uninstalled and used the first dev version in the repo which seems to work without throwing any errors. I haven’t been able to find any documentation pertaining to Krpton specific versions.

What's not working? As far as I'm aware, everything should be functional in 17.6.
Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to add 'Remove from Autowidget group' to context menu, in addition to 'Add'?
(2020-09-20, 14:30)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 04:40)rmflint Wrote:

What's not working? As far as I'm aware, everything should be functional in 17.6.
Never mind. I uninstalled autowidget and reinstalled to the latest non-dev version and everything seems to be working. Not sure what I did differently today but stoked it working. Sorry!
(2020-09-20, 15:51)LostBrit76 Wrote: Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to add 'Remove from Autowidget group' to context menu, in addition to 'Add'?

It would be pretty difficult to do, as there's no way for other add-ons to know whether or not a particular folder has been added to a group.

You can go into AutoWidget and remove them though Smile
(2020-08-26, 01:14)Rijs43 Wrote: I get an error message when trying to add a widget by going to Groups and then choose the group were I have exploded the local genres for Movies / TV shows, however when exploding genres from Plex addon all is working however takes much longer for widgets to load.

I'm sure @drinfernoo has thought of this but on low powered hardware addon based widgets can be slow. esp when kodi gets killed in the background and all the widgets get refreshed on startup. The max of 12 hours means that starting it the next day you are left with several minutes before anything comes on screen. But setting it to longer means some widgets will not get updated based on whats played.
Ideally it would be good to determine which short cuts change often and which don't and then having an automatic refresh based on the update frequency. ie a in-progress could be updated in the background every 30min and academy awards winners yearly. Perhaps recording hashes of each list on update and using a simple average update frequency with some random noise offset? if every 3rd update is a change its too short and every update is a change its set too long?
It would also be great if regardless of update frequency, on startup the last known copy is displayed and initial updates are done in the background?
(2020-09-18, 14:51)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 07:29)sus67 Wrote: @drinfernoo

today, I tried current Matrix-release with kodi-20200916-0e5569b0-master-armeabi-v7a.  In the moment same error-message with AutoWidget Addon in the start process of Kodi 19.
kodi.log

I have fixed it in a devrepo release, but there haven't been any changes to the stable release in a few weeks.
Your devrepo release working fine, thank you.
@drinfernoo

please take a look into .log and video link, it was not possible in AW to play created shortcuts from NAS-storage. Can you help to fix this issue, thank you.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ovehetenoc.kodi
https://youtu.be/pLULkh8aWk4
Hi "drinfernoo" 

Great add-on! I have one question I have been stumped on trying to figure out myself.

I was using AZ2, and using the following string to make sure labels were visible on the home screen $INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.Property(autoLabel)]. I was able to find the relevant ID for each widget with no issues using the Skindebugger.

However, I have since switched to Arctic Horizon, and this method above is no longer working. I did notice that the IDs are different on AH. For example, I have two seperate pages for TV and Movies. The IDs now look like this:
  • TV
    • First Widget Row: ID 30201 CW 30102
    • Second Widget Row: ID 30202 CW 30102 
  • Movies
    • First Widget Row: ID 30201 CW 30102
    • Second Widget Row: ID 30202 CW 30102 
Essentially, they are the same for each page. Is there something else I am failing to consider or recognise?

Thanks!
Nevermind! I figured this out. Sorry mods, I couldn't edit or delete the post above.
Update to 3.0.0 faults (Kodi 19 for Windows and Android) :

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'Queue'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Mo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\service.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib import refresh
                                                     File "C:\Users\Mo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\refresh.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                       import Queue
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Queue'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-10-31, 06:20)sus67 Wrote: Update to 3.0.0 faults (Kodi 19 for Windows and Android) :

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'Queue'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Mo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\service.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib import refresh
                                                     File "C:\Users\Mo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.autowidget\resources\lib\refresh.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                       import Queue
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Queue'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Same with update to 3.0.1. 
But it works!! with replace the files service.py and refresh.py from devrepo release 0.0.1061
(2020-08-19, 22:06)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 20:06)justin150 Wrote: This is a complicated question that may or may not have an easy answer - but I am so far beyond my coding ability I really badly need help!!

I have in the Silvio skin (actually a mod of it) created a new style of widget: the Autowidget panel, which has a dedicated button to refresh the widget beside the panel widget (the skin is designed for use on a tablet).  That button will have assigned to it in the template.xml the refresh command RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE").  In order to do that I need to parse the relevant widget path to (a) make sure that the widget is an autowidget cycling group and (b) strip out the ID then I can create a command

<onclick>RunPlugin($VAR[Static_String]$VAR[Variable_String])</onclick> where the Static_String would be "plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=" and the Variable_String would be autowidget ID (or something along those lines).  That way it should work no matter how many different autowidget panel widgets the relevant build has.

Has anyone got ideas and could help with the actual coding - I feel at least part of the solution might be in script.module.routing but as I said I have gone so far beyond my abilities it is embarrassing

For one thing, the path you'll actually need to use is:
syntax:
RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=YOUR_ID_HERE")

You were close, but the parameter should be id instead of target.

I think the best way to handle getting the actual ID from the widget may be for me to attach it as a List item property, probably named autoID. Then you could not only control visibility of the control based on whether or not that property is filled, but you could use $INFO[Container(CONTAINER_ID).List item.Property(autoID)] to fill the needed parameter in the plugin path. I can make a small update to add that property Big Grin

At least, that's how I understand it... Perhaps somebody like @jurialmunkey would confirm that my logic is sound there, but I think it should work Wink

I got massively side tracked by life and have only just got back to this.  Did the sensible thing and loaded up the current development version of autowidgets.

Because I am using a mod of the silvio skin I believe the syntax I should use at least for widget 1 is $INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] 

So for a button command that should mean RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=$INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] ")

Sadly this is not working - in fact even $INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] returns no information.

Please can someone help me on this!!
(2020-11-21, 19:02)justin150 Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 22:06)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 20:06)justin150 Wrote: This is a complicated question that may or may not have an easy answer - but I am so far beyond my coding ability I really badly need help!!

I have in the Silvio skin (actually a mod of it) created a new style of widget: the Autowidget panel, which has a dedicated button to refresh the widget beside the panel widget (the skin is designed for use on a tablet).  That button will have assigned to it in the template.xml the refresh command RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE").  In order to do that I need to parse the relevant widget path to (a) make sure that the widget is an autowidget cycling group and (b) strip out the ID then I can create a command

<onclick>RunPlugin($VAR[Static_String]$VAR[Variable_String])</onclick> where the Static_String would be "plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=" and the Variable_String would be autowidget ID (or something along those lines).  That way it should work no matter how many different autowidget panel widgets the relevant build has.

Has anyone got ideas and could help with the actual coding - I feel at least part of the solution might be in script.module.routing but as I said I have gone so far beyond my abilities it is embarrassing

For one thing, the path you'll actually need to use is:
syntax:
RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=YOUR_ID_HERE")

You were close, but the parameter should be id instead of target.

I think the best way to handle getting the actual ID from the widget may be for me to attach it as a List item property, probably named autoID. Then you could not only control visibility of the control based on whether or not that property is filled, but you could use $INFO[Container(CONTAINER_ID).List item.Property(autoID)] to fill the needed parameter in the plugin path. I can make a small update to add that property Big Grin

At least, that's how I understand it... Perhaps somebody like @jurialmunkey would confirm that my logic is sound there, but I think it should work Wink

I got massively side tracked by life and have only just got back to this.  Did the sensible thing and loaded up the current development version of autowidgets.

Because I am using a mod of the silvio skin I believe the syntax I should use at least for widget 1 is $INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] 

So for a button command that should mean RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=$INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] ")

Sadly this is not working - in fact even $INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] returns no information.

Please can someone help me on this!!

You need to find the container ID. 8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id] looks wrong to me... it should just be numbers.

If you turn on Skin Debugging from AutoWidget -> Tools -> Toggle Skin Debugging, and then navigate to a widget, the overlay should tell you it's container ID.

EDIT: This may also be helpful: https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro...tainer-IDs
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1