[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-08-26, 01:14)Rijs43 Wrote: I get an error message when trying to add a widget by going to Groups and then choose the group were I have exploded the local genres for Movies / TV shows, however when exploding genres from Plex addon all is working however takes much longer for widgets to load.

I'm sure @drinfernoo has thought of this but on low powered hardware addon based widgets can be slow. esp when kodi gets killed in the background and all the widgets get refreshed on startup. The max of 12 hours means that starting it the next day you are left with several minutes before anything comes on screen. But setting it to longer means some widgets will not get updated based on whats played.
Ideally it would be good to determine which short cuts change often and which don't and then having an automatic refresh based on the update frequency. ie a in-progress could be updated in the background every 30min and academy awards winners yearly. Perhaps recording hashes of each list on update and using a simple average update frequency with some random noise offset? if every 3rd update is a change its too short and every update is a change its set too long?
It would also be great if regardless of update frequency, on startup the last known copy is displayed and initial updates are done in the background?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by djay75 - 2020-09-23, 05:41

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.