[split] An opinion of Kodi as a music library/player
(2020-03-30, 13:00)Video Titles Wrote: However, people should not expect more than just a basic music player, and if they want DJ and BPM matching and all the bells and whistles, they should be looking at proper DJ software, than a basic music player. 
Kodi is great for basic music play back, the same as my google home max, but it will never replace dedicated music software, not unless you spend another ten odd years developing the software, and by that time something new would have come out, so the cycle starts over again.
IMO Kodi is already much more than a basic music player. For example it sits on top a database, and much more can be done with that and I'm happy to volunteer my time to design and implement new features with it.  The music library functions are not skin dependant, only some skins fail to display some newer data, but mostly it is a small tweek to the skin to fix that. No doubt the skinners will catch-up in time.

Users can request new things as much as they like, and discussing ideas can be productive maybe some ideas will inspire others to contribute etc. Of course some things are more possible than others, and users need to be realistic about what a small team of volunteers are able to do. But they can also help out by being testers, giving clear bug feedback, supporting other users  and generally being nice to everyone involved - that is be a good community member.

The thread I split your post from @Video Titles was discussing adding a custom property feature, not asking for Kodi to be professional DJ software etc., and quite a modest feature request. Hence I split it rather than clutter that request.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] An opinion of Kodi as a music library/player - by DaveBlake - 2020-03-30, 13:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] An opinion of Kodi as a music library/player0