ProjectM: Best preset for someone with epilepsy?
Currently using 18.6 on my Nvidia Shield TV which is running fantastic. And yes ProjectM works great on this device. But one problem I am encountering is the fact that ProjectM has a lot of visualisations that are not friendly with someone with epilepsy such as my girlfriend. Is there an recommended preset that removes all the heavy flashing seizure inducing ones so she can enjoy the beautifulness of ProjectM? Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice.
(2020-03-30, 19:08)TheLoonyRebel Wrote: Currently using 18.6 on my Nvidia Shield TV which is running fantastic. And yes ProjectM works great on this device. But one problem I am encountering is the fact that ProjectM has a lot of visualisations that are not friendly with someone with epilepsy such as my girlfriend. Is there an recommended preset that removes all the heavy flashing seizure inducing ones so she can enjoy the beautifulness of ProjectM? Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice.

I'm in complete agreement. I just upgraded to Matrix (19.0) and there is one particular Milkdrop preset - if I only knew its name I'd find the preset and delete it - that has incredibly rapid flashing which is aggravating to everyone who has seen it. I'm sure if an epileptic acquaintance was present it would stand a very great chance of triggering an episode for him. Even if it were possible to turn on the names of the presets as they appear, then the damned things could be identified, located and purged. I really love Milkdrop, but some of the presets are insane.
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
If you go to the cog Settings button on the OSD then Choose Presets (assuming you are using the Estuary skin) when that will tell you the preset currently in use.
I'd also love some clarity on this. I use the ProjectM and Milkdrop visualizations on my living-room HTPC when listening to music and reading on the couch. Most of the visualizations are awesome, but a handful don't work (e.g. the screen is just black for the entire duration), and there are others that are, for lack of a better word, seizure-inducing. I'm not epileptic, but it's still very distracting in a dimly-lit room.

As far as I can tell (maybe more true for Milkdrop than ProjectM), the visualizations seem to be a bunch of smaller "sketches" that run either in a loop or in a random order. Is there some way in the Kodi menus to just see what sketches are available and individually disable the ones that are non-functional or intrusive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM: Best preset for someone with epilepsy?0