Need help with Studio Icons- coloured
I have the studio icons installed. And they are showing up for quite a few movies, and while for many movies they dont show up.. its like 50%-50%.
Is it something to do with scraping the movie again?
I am sure there are some movies made by Universal show up, while other movies made by the same Studio do not show up.
What do i need to do to recifiy this issue. I am using AEON MQ 8 skin on Leila (latest one).
The most likely causes are...

1. There is no logo for the studio.
2. You have scraped multiple studio logos for the movie, so the add-on does not know which one to use. On your screen, do you see something like Universal Studios / Marvel / 20th Century Fox

I expect item 2 is the issue. How have you scraped your movies? If you used nfo files then check how many <studio> tags are in the nfo file. You should have one only.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-30, 22:30)Karellen Wrote: The most likely causes are...

2. You have scraped multiple studio logos for the movie, so the add-on does not know which one to use. On your screen, do you see something like Universal Studios / Marvel / 20th Century Fox

I expect item 2 is the issue. How have you scraped your movies? If you used nfo files then check how many <studio> tags are in the nfo file. You should have one only.
Thanks for your reply. 
Looks like its the second issue you talk about is the reason. Have a look at this screenshot.

So as you see Studio's there are multiple names, and this movie does not show up the icon.
Do u think deleting the nfo file and rescraping the movie with tmdb plugin should do it?
Yes, that definitely is the problem. Multiple studio names.

(2020-03-30, 23:12)MANswers Wrote: Do u think deleting the nfo file and rescraping the movie with tmdb plugin should do it?
You could open your nfo file, delete all the <studio></studio> tags except the one that you want to keep, then Refresh the movie using "local information". Or you could do as you suggested and delete the nfo file and rescrape using TMDB scraper.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-30, 23:26)Karellen Wrote: Yes, that definitely is the problem. Multiple studio names.
(2020-03-30, 23:12)MANswers Wrote: Do u think deleting the nfo file and rescraping the movie with tmdb plugin should do it?
You could open your nfo file, delete all the <studio></studio> tags except the one that you want to keep, then Refresh the movie using "local information". Or you could do as you suggested and delete the nfo file and rescrape using TMDB scraper. 
I have a lot of Full bluray movies, and the folder structures in it are BDMV, Stream, Playlist.. each time i try to scrape the movie using TMDB, the process creates tons and tons of additional movies that start with Steam, Playlist etc.. i have turned off "Scan Recursively" inspite of that it does it.
Yes, that can happen when you don't have the proper bluray format. Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping one of these movies, and I will try to find the cause. It's not always easy finding why it happens.

How did you rip the disc's?
My Signature
(2020-03-31, 00:25)Karellen Wrote: Yes, that can happen when you don't have the proper bluray format. Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping one of these movies, and I will try to find the cause. It's not always easy finding why it happens.

How did you rip the disc's?

Ok taking a step back, i dont use the default Kodi scraper, but use a supplimentary tool called Media Companion, I've seen you posting on that thread, so i am sure you are aware of how that thing works.
Do u think MC adds the extra bit of Studio information to the nfo file? and if there is a way to avoid it.
My next update (in few mins), i will upload the debug logs
These I have copied and downloaded from my cousins. I guess they get it from an online source (sshhh).

So I do remember that earlier I never had this issue, but its happening only recently.
(2020-03-31, 00:38)MANswers Wrote: Do u think MC adds the extra bit of Studio information to the nfo file?
Yes it would. I am not sure, but there may be a setting to disable multiple studio icons. @vbat99 would know or check your settings page in Media Companion
My Signature
(2020-03-30, 22:30)Karellen Wrote: The most likely causes are...

Hi,

I'm running into issue 2 a lot because i use Emby Server. When it scrapes the movies it gives you anywhere between 1 and 6-7 studios.
How does Kodi decide which studio it will use at the moment? I have very different results.

2 different movies each might have multiple studios. Both movies have studio icons available in the Studio Icons - Colored pack
yet one of the movies will show no Studio Icon while the other will. And it's also not because for the movie showing the icon the studio was just the first in line.

A good example for me was Batman Begins, it has about 5 or 6 studios

Some Random Studio
DC Comics
DC Entertainment
Legendary Entertainment

When i was using the white icon pack the movie would show the Legendary Entertainment Studio Icon.
When i switched over to the colored pack there is no icon for Legendary Entertainment, but there are icons for DC Comics and DC entertainment, yet it wouldn't show any Studio at all.
The only way i found to make it pick up the DC Comics on was by deleting the Legendary Entertainment from the metadata of the movie.
Then all of a sudden it did pick up DC Comics logo.

Is this something the Kodi team could look into that Kodi in the future checks against all the studios in the .nfo file and selects the first one it has a corresponding studio icon for?
(2020-06-01, 06:14)CK77 Wrote: I'm running into issue 2 a lot because i use Emby Server. When it scrapes the movies it gives you anywhere between 1 and 6-7 studios.
How does Kodi decide which studio it will use at the moment? I have very different results.
Simple. If there is one studio it uses the icon image of the studio if available in the resource pack. (If it is not, please contribute the studio logo)
If there are two or more studios, then no icons are used.

To check what is happening with your movies, export your library to nfo files and open the nfo file and check the studio tags.
My Signature
(2020-06-01, 06:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 06:14)CK77 Wrote: I'm running into issue 2 a lot because i use Emby Server. When it scrapes the movies it gives you anywhere between 1 and 6-7 studios.
Simple. If there is one studio it uses the icon image of the studio if available in the resource pack. (If it is not, please contribute the studio logo)
If there are two or more studios, then no icons are used.

To check what is happening with your movies, export your library to nfo files and open the nfo file and check the studio tags. 

Thanks for you quick reply!
I do have some movies with multiple studios in the .nfo file, for multiple of those studios there are icons available and it still shows me an icon.
Then for other movies it is exactly as you say. They won't show anything unless there is only one Studio. It's very strange.

It's the Emby server that scrapes my files and writes the .nfo files. But most of the time they will add multiple studios.
I'm going through the movies now that are giving me trouble and i'm adjusting the studios until i get a good result.
(2020-06-01, 07:02)CK77 Wrote: I do have some movies with multiple studios in the .nfo file, for multiple of those studios there are icons available and it still shows me an icon.
I find that difficult to understand. It shouldn't, so I guess Emby is modifying something in the chain of events.
My Signature
(2020-06-01, 07:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 07:02)CK77 Wrote: I do have some movies with multiple studios in the .nfo file, for multiple of those studios there are icons available and it still shows me an icon.
I find that difficult to understand. It shouldn't, so I guess Emby is modifying something in the chain of events. 

Emby shouldn't be the cause, i use the Emby for Kodi addon, so Kodi fills up it's own database with the info it gets from Emby.

I just tried another movie, i left 2 studios and both have an icon in the studio pack. It selected the second one of the list to show in Kodi.
(2020-06-01, 08:03)CK77 Wrote: I just tried another movie, i left 2 studios and both have an icon in the studio pack. It selected the second one of the list to show in Kodi.
Can you send me your MyVideos database. PM me if you like to keep it private. Then tell me the name of the movies with more than 1 studio that shows an icon.

Or if you are familiar with SQL databases, then you can check for yourself. Start off by checking c18 of the movie table.
My Signature
(2020-06-01, 08:29)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 08:03)CK77 Wrote: I just tried another movie, i left 2 studios and both have an icon in the studio pack. It selected the second one of the list to show in Kodi.
Can you send me your MyVideos database. PM me if you like to keep it private. Then tell me the name of the movies with more than 1 studio that shows an icon.

Or if you are familiar with SQL databases, then you can check for yourself. Start off by checking c18 of the movie table. 
I can send you the database, but it's about 36MB. What's the easiest to get that to you?
I just checked again to be sure and i have multiple movies with more than one studio that show a Studio Icon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with Studio Icons- coloured0