Linux Kodi very slow IR remote response and often missing the key event
I moved from DuneHD to a Kodi player on a OdroidN2 platform. Everything works great, except the IR remote functionality which has a very slow event response (up to 1 second) and is also missing 20% of the key press events. I reused the DuneHD remote, which works very responsive on the DuneHD.

I use the latest Linux CoreElec version. My network speed is excellent, mouse response handling is excellent, CPU utilization under 10%. Kore client remote control is also excellent, no events are missed. I can play video's flawlessly and the response of mouse is excellent.

The issue is purely limited to the IR remote control handling in CoreElec/Kodi.

I increased the priority of the eventlircd process to N=19 but zero effect.

The IR remote control configuration process that I used was:
Configure Remote: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/infrared_remotes
systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
irrecord -l | grep ^KEY
ir-keytable -t
Create /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/dunehd.conf with # table dunehd, type: nec
Create /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with meson-ir * dunehd.conf
test table: ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/dunehd.conf
ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
systemctl start eventlircd
systemctl start kodi

I have two questions:
1. Has anybody experienced the same lagging behavior with IR remotes? What did you do to resolve the issue?
2. Which bug fixing steps should I follow to resolve the issue? Is there a logging possibility that records the time stamp of each function to pinpoint the issue?

Many thanks of your kind response :-)

ps: in case I accidentally posted in the wrong group... sorry and feel free to move it to the right group.
Just read: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...&highlight="MCE+Remotes"

My image is a plain vanilla download.
(2020-03-30, 22:39)LoveMovies Wrote: I moved from DuneHD to a Kodi player on a OdroidN2 platform. Everything works great, except the IR remote functionality which has a very slow event response (up to 1 second) and is also missing 20% of the key press events. I reused the DuneHD remote, which works very responsive on the DuneHD.

I use the latest Linux CoreElec version. My network speed is excellent, mouse response handling is excellent, CPU utilization under 10%. Kore client remote control is also excellent, no events are missed. I can play video's flawlessly and the response of mouse is excellent.

The issue is purely limited to the IR remote control handling in CoreElec/Kodi.

I increased the priority of the eventlircd process to N=19 but zero effect.

The IR remote control configuration process that I used was:
Configure Remote: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/infrared_remotes
systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
irrecord -l | grep ^KEY
ir-keytable -t
Create /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/dunehd.conf with # table dunehd, type: nec
Create /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with meson-ir * dunehd.conf
test table: ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/dunehd.conf
ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
systemctl start eventlircd
systemctl start kodi

I have two questions:
1. Has anybody experienced the same lagging behavior with IR remotes? What did you do to resolve the issue?
2. Which bug fixing steps should I follow to resolve the issue? Is there a logging possibility that records the time stamp of each function to pinpoint the issue?

Many thanks of your kind response :-)

ps: in case I accidentally posted in the wrong group... sorry and feel free to move it to the right group.

Did you solved somehow?
I ask you this because I use an Amlogic KI Pro running latest CoreELEC and have the same issue as yours. IR remote lags and randomly misses key events. I found that if I stop kodi via "systemctl stop kodi" and then test the remote with "ir-keytable -t", the remote is responsive again with no lags or missing keys. Apparently this is something to blame kodi for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi very slow IR remote response and often missing the key event0