NextPVR Recordings don't appear in TV Shows
I'm new to Kodi and to this forum, and I've got a configuration question.

I've got NextPVR and Kodi on the same Win7 box. In the Video Sources I have the PVR recordings node with Content set to TV Shows.   I can see and play these from Videos > Recordings or TV > Recordings.

However, if I go to TV Shows, then the list is empty. If I look at the Actors section though, it does list a number of the actors from the recorded shows. If I try to click on an actor then I get an empty list.

Any idea how to get my recordings to appear in TV shows?
Are you using good EPG source with good meta data?

Martin
To get those shows into your library (and have them show in the TV Shows section) you have to update the Kodi library. And you have to do that every single time a show is recorded.  You can do it manually by going into the TV Shows and then (in Estuary at least) doing a left arrow to bring up the side bar. There's an option there to update the library.  There are also some addons (search from KodiCron I think) that will schedule Video Library updates periodically too.

This will ONLY work if you have guide data that includes the season and episode number *AND* you have NextPVR set to save the file using the season and episode number.  Any show without season and episode information gets a file name Kodi doesn't understand.

I wrote a python script to do the integration automatically.  It's not for the feint of heart, but I am planning to get some wiki pages with better instructions done in the next few days.  It also converts shows without season/episode information into special seasons so Kodi can import them as well (useful for things like local/national news).

https://github.com/pkscout/trigger.kodiscan
Thanks @emveepee and @pkscout - I didn't expect that it could be a metadata/naming issue.  I'm not using any custom EPGs in NextPVR - I was just using the default configuration (are they sent over-the-air?).  I have the options in NextPVR set to name with the S01E01 format, but the files are currently just saved as "Programme_20200323_14101425.ts".  The programme description in Kodi does quite often seem to contain season and episode information, but that doesn't seem to be carried through to the files.

I do a lot of Python development, so I'll take a look at that script, thanks.  Any docs you have would be appreciated.
(2020-04-02, 22:38)bungyrope Wrote: Thanks @emveepee and @pkscout - I didn't expect that it could be a metadata/naming issue.  I'm not using any custom EPGs in NextPVR - I was just using the default configuration (are they sent over-the-air?).
The over-the-air EPG doesn't include season/episode numbers with it's listings. NextPVR will try to extract this information from show descriptions if they can be found there, using a few common formats. You'd only ever get them for a subset of shows though.
I havent' tested it for years but I used to use this advancedsetting.xml section to match NextPVR recording as TV Shows during the scan

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <regexp>[\\/\._ -](20[0-9]{6})_.+\.ts</regexp>  <!-- Match NextPVR date as a season -->
  </tvshowmatching>

There is nothing to help you get meta data for the shows. 

Martin
Thanks - there are more moving parts to all this than I thought! Sounds like I still have a lot of learning to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR Recordings don't appear in TV Shows0