IP Address Changing
This has been a problem for some time now. Rasp Pi 3b+ with LibreElec changes my IP more than a few times.

Kodi locks up, need to unplug
Kodi freezes, reboots itself
oh and just now. Selected tv show, reflects that its about to play, the screen goes completely black, have to figure out did it just shutdown or is frozen at a black screen, the only light on the pi is the Red
Edit the connection in LibreELEC Settings and Change 'dhcp' to manual. That will allow the box to keep the same ip address.
(2020-04-01, 23:54)lance7tour Wrote: This has been a problem for some time now. Rasp Pi 3b+ with LibreElec changes my IP more than a few times.

Kodi is just an application, it has no control over network settings.
The Linux OS that run LibreELEC is set to AutoDHCP by default, so it will get its IP address from the DHCP server pool, likely from your router.
Most routers will have an option to fixate IP addresses per the MAC address of each network device. Look into that.

(2020-04-01, 23:54)lance7tour Wrote: Kodi locks up, need to unplug
Kodi freezes, reboots itself

Either you have a crappy network setup, or Kodi- and not network-related. Could also be that the SDcard is going DOA.
Provide a debug log (wiki) for initial troubleshooting.
(2020-04-03, 21:23)Brian Gimbli Wrote: I have static IP. It cost more, but I don't have any problems with changing Ip. maybe your problem with dynamic ip?

A static IP that you pay for is your WAN connection. (Your routers connection to the outside world).

Answers are in previous posts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IP Address Changing0