Req Add Device Type Setting to CEC Adapter Settings GUI
I was able to solve a CEC compatibility issue with a very common VISIO TV by manually adjusting the device type the adapter attempted to register as with the CEC bus. I propose we add a line to the GUI to make configuring this setting easy for users.

The default device type is a recording device (device type 1.) But for a certain set of VISIO TVs, it seems that this prevents remote commands from being sent properly to Kodi. Changing the device type to playback device (device type 4) seemed to allow the TV to send remote commands to Kodi properly. This worked for my TV (a VIZIO P55-F1,) and has been reported to work for other VIZIO models.

I recommend we add a line to the CEC Adapter settings in the GUI to allow easy adjustment of the "device type" setting. Specifically, we need to configure line <setting id="device_type" value="1" /> in the XML file configuring the adapter found in "/storage/.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data/". There are 4 different device type options (TV, playback, recording, tuner,) but only 3 are valid for Kodi (playback, recording, tuner.)

I found the solution to my problem in the following forum post.
CEC remote on VISIO P Series Quantum

But I had issues implementing it in LibreELEC, thought the issue was pretty rival (I wasn't shutting it down properly.) For reference, here are links to those other forum posts. If nothing else, it demonstrates the frustration trying to adjust this without an easy GUI entry.

LibreELEC Forum: CEC Control From VIZIO TV - Change Device Type to Playback (4)
Kodi Forum: CEC Control From VIZIO TV - Change Device Type to Playback (4)
I had to manually edit this to solve my CEC issue on my Vizio tv too. Getting this added to the GUI would be great for other less tech savvy users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Device Type Setting to CEC Adapter Settings GUI0