What is the best hardware for media storage?
Just found this thread and there is some really useful info in here!

I have a bunch of external HD's all plugged into a USB hub which is attached to my Intel NUC.

Over the years i've had a crash here or there, so i'm also looking into better storage solutions, sadly enough i don't have money for a NAS.
Does anybody have any experience with using storage spaces in Windows 10 to set up a bunch of HD's as one or more storage spaces with RAID5 parity?

I'm not asking on how to set it up, what i would like to get is information from people who use this, does it work well or not?
This is likely the most cost effective Simply DIY NAS type storage going around.

$65 inc. the case you can get something like a ODROID-HC2 : Home Cloud Two (click) that has proven, excellent passive cooling and easy to use OpenMediaVault software. Watch the YouTube video.

(2020-06-16, 02:33)wrxtasy Wrote: This is likely the most cost effective Simply DIY NAS type storage going around.

$65 inc. the case you can get something like a ODROID-HC2 : Home Cloud Two (click) that has proven, excellent passive cooling and easy to use OpenMediaVault software. Watch the YouTube video.

Yes - I used to run a simple secondary shared storage server using the HC1 (which is the 2.5" drive equivalent of the 3.5" HC2)

I've since replaced it with a Raspberry Pi 4B+ 2GB model running Open Media Vault under Raspbian (now called Raspberry Pi OS), alongside TV Headend, with an external USB 3.0 hard drive.  This is a neat PVR Backend + NAS (which I use to store my TV recordings, and some other video I want to make available on a secondary network)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the best hardware for media storage?0