Audio Number of Channels Question.
Greetings , Sorry if this is answered before i ve found similar threads but not exactly and if someone could help me i would be really gratefull.
I have An LG oled B7 2017 Connected via ARC to a Samsung Q90r Soundbar that is capable of every audio codec (7.1.4 with dolbyatmos dts x ) , And i have an Khadas Vim3l Running Coreelec directly plugged to the soundbar.
I have every passthrough enabled as the soundbar supports all.
Now i am trying the 7.1 channels in number of channels setting but some of my files dont play any sound or weird sounds come out , If i change the channels to 2.0 looks all right
the audio setting says that it doesnt apply to passtrhough audio and the audio tracks i am trying to stream are dts and dolby that i allready have enabled the passthrough.
Should i change it to 2.0 ? would this change anything to the surround quality ?
From a test i did when i have the audio number of channels to 2.0 and doing a dolby atmos test all the speakers seem to work fine the same goes on when i have 7.1 i do not notice any difference !
Can someone explain me the correct setting ? since i have passthrough enabled it shouldnt matter if i have 2.0 ? but then why i dont have sound when i have the 7.1 on some files.
kind of confusing , tried to explain the best i could .
thanks in advance for any feedback.
Yes it is a bit confusing, but leaving as 2.0 should be fine as you have demonstrated.

This should give you a bit more info https://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#...nnel_Audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Number of Channels Question.0