Linux Audio Transcoding Option
Until today, I was using LibreElec. I know very little about the workings of Linux, but it seemed to have progressed to the point where what I wanted to do can be done through UI. So, I decided to load Ubuntu and install Kodi, set it to load on startup, and then on the rare occasion I want to use some other app, I can exit Kodi and do so. Anyway, I have a Sonos Soundbase and 2x Ones for 5.1 audio. In LibreElec, I could enable pass-through and transcoding (because Sonos does not support DD+ and DTS. Well, in Kodi on Ubuntu, there are no options for pass-through or transcode. Can someone help? Please be easy on me. Wink I do have Expert mode on, of course.
Please start with the wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio - there are some pictures that should help you configuring pulseaudio properly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks much for replying. I tried to follow the info on the site, and it did open up the pass-through option in Kodi settings, but I get no audio at all. I may just use Windows after all, ha.
You could try to post your Debug Log
And additionally the output of: pactl list sinks
The latter you have to run from a terminal, though,
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Transcoding Option0