Variable height thumbnails + aligned label
In my dialog favourites, I have a fixed-width thumbnail, but I don't want to distort the aspect ratio, meaning it could be several different heights depending on if the item has a poster, or if it's a square for an artist/album thumbnail, or landscape in several different aspect ratios if its a thumbnail extracted from the video.

I wanted to have a label aligned 30px under the thumbnail. Is it possible to do this with a grouplist? I assume the reason I can't get it to work is that the grouplist doesn't 'tell' the second item how large the first item is if it's got an auto height. Is there an easy way to align the two without doing a bunch of conditional animation slides based on the source of the thumbnail and the aspect ratio of the video (if it's an extracted thumbnail)?
Not if you want center Y alignment. Also auto height/width only works with buttons/textboxes and is based on the text. You can do keep aspect for images, but the height of the control's bounding box isn't adjusted.

What you could do is bottom align the image and top align the text - Not really what you want but only approach I can think of that would be remotely close to what you want to do.
<aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
one append.

but unsure how 'consistent' the naming convention is in the thumb tag of the favourites(.xml)
xml:
<favourites>
<favourite name="Better Call Saul" thumb="https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/273181-1.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://tvshows/titles/2/&quot;,return)</favourite>
<favourite name="02. Witness" thumb="https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/273181/6023980.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;/storage/emulated/0/download/git/fake mediathek/serien/better call saul/3/s03e02.mp4&quotWink</favourite>
</favourites>

i would think about image visability tag based on thumb (string.contains(listitem.icon,posters\))
and use different <bordersize> tags
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Thanks for the ideas, right now I've just kept the image centered by aligny and then the there are slide animations depending on if there is a poster, fanart, thumbnail showing and then if they are all blank, based on the different aspect ratios of the video. There will be a few cases where it is wrong, such as if the thumbnail was a weird size different to the standard sizes or if the video is in a different aspect ratio or for some reason that info is blank. But it seems ok in 99% of the stuff in my library. I think at some point I'll revisit the design to avoid having this issue entirely, thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Variable height thumbnails + aligned label0