• 181(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Is this the latest set of instructions for making API Keys ?

API Keys
(2020-06-24, 01:35)blueribb Wrote: I uninstalled the YouTube Addon and then reinstalled it, leaving my personal settings remain. I still have the same issue. I can use "My Subscriptions" but there are no thumbnails. "Watch Later" and "Subscriptions" both have the pop-up invalid API Key error message. What I don't understand is that my Windows 10 machine running Kodi and the YouTube addon works just fine. It has the exact same API Keys. Why would these 3-year old keys work with Windows / Kodi but not Libreelec / Kodi ?
I am having the same issue, it was working a week ago. I updated to 9.2.3 today and reset the LibreElec.
(2020-06-24, 01:35)blueribb Wrote: I uninstalled the YouTube Addon and then reinstalled it, leaving my personal settings remain. I still have the same issue. I can use "My Subscriptions" but there are no thumbnails. "Watch Later" and "Subscriptions" both have the pop-up invalid API Key error message. What I don't understand is that my Windows 10 machine running Kodi and the YouTube addon works just fine. It has the exact same API Keys. Why would these 3-year old keys work with Windows / Kodi but not Libreelec / Kodi ?

Just like blueribb, I have two devices with an identical API key installed and one exhibits the "invalid API" error and one does not. Device #1 is an Intel NUC running LibreELEC 9.2.3 and has no issues; Device #2 is a Raspberry Pi 3 also running LibreELEC 9.2.3, but complains of an invalid API, and will not display thumbnails. Both devices access the API from different IP addresses, since these devices are installed in different locations. This has never been a problem before, and not even sure it's related - just throwing it out there as something I may investigate further. Until recently, my several-years-old key has worked without issue.

The addon was completely purged from Device #2, including all user settings and related files. SSH'd into the box to make sure everything was wiped out, then rebooted, reinstalled, but the error persists. I will create new keys as someone suggested. But curious why the key works in one device without issue and not in the other.
For any doubters (there always are  Big Grin ) here's a video I made a few minutes ago. Libreelec 9.2.3 on Intel NUC.  No idea why it runs perfect. 
(2020-06-24, 10:40)Tex Tucker Wrote: For any doubters (there always are  Big Grin ) here's a video I made a few minutes ago. Libreelec 9.2.3 on Intel NUC.  No idea why it runs perfect. 
Those videos are awful to watch, much easier if you just hold the camera in front of the fullscreen instead of panning everywhere.
(2020-06-24, 10:51)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 10:40)Tex Tucker Wrote: For any doubters (there always are  Big Grin ) here's a video I made a few minutes ago. Libreelec 9.2.3 on Intel NUC.  No idea why it runs perfect. 
Those videos are awful to watch, much easier if you just hold the camera in front of the fullscreen instead of panning everywhere.
Thanks for that, I've deleted. I'll f**k off now out of this thread. Try and help some people and get a load of sh*t back.
(2020-06-24, 11:00)Tex Tucker Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 10:51)FXB78 Wrote:
Thanks for that, I've deleted. I'll f**k off now out of this thread. Try and help some people and get a load of sh*t back.
Your video was zoomed in panning all over the screen, nobody can see what the hell is going on when you do that. I was offering you some advice to film it full screen so we can follow it and you decide to take offence and throw your toys out of the pram. Ridiculous.

I may have found the issue, do you installed tubecast addon before signing in to youtube?
(2020-06-25, 00:34)geek-baba Wrote:

I may have found the issue, do you installed tubecast addon before signing in to youtube?

No
I'm unable to sign on to this addon.

If i click to sign in i go through the process of enabling two applications.

I do the one via chrome on my phone and thats it...it only ever let's me do the one code, it keeps going back to the default youtube menu, it never shows another code for me to input.

Kodi 18.7
Nvidia shield
Youtube 6.8.2
hi @anxdpanic and again after some time i'm back here to report a possibly strange behavior about this fantastic addons.

You problably remember i use the addons on latest osmc image on a pi2 (currently june image whit kodi 18.7) and latest 6.8.3alpha1 of addons.

Remember also my not really good english "speak" ability but try to explain the stange behavior also i have do in the pass Smile.. now begin:

1) You suppose to do a general search (it's same if you use the Incognito search the rapid search of the normal search)..... in this example i use "DjDiabolik" for string search.
2) After a while you obtain some videos result..... on the top of video it's present "Channels" or "Playlist" feature. If you open "Channel" kodi do a channel search whit string "DjDiabolik" (and problably you can found my channel)... nothings strange here.

For reproduce my advice strange behavior from videos result search you need to use the "Go To Channel XXX" from a context menù:
1) Scroll down a videos result.... problably you can found some video on my channel. Open Context menù and use "Go To..." feature to reach my channel.

After that you can found all my "latest" video i upload on my channel..... on top of list you can also "Channel" and "Playlist" voices.
At this point I believe that if you open the "Playlist" you want to obtain the list of playlist i have created on my channel but no.... from here you can only obtain the search result of search string whit my name using previous (remember "DjDiabolik")

I thinks this is not normal..... for correctly reach and see if a channel have some playlist you need to "Subscribe" to my channel and reach my channel from the "My Subscription" list.... only from that you can correctly look and see "all" my playlist i have created on my youtube channel.

On this example i have used my "Nickname" and my channel but you can try to reproduce this example whit all you want search string..... try for example whit "UFO":
1) Obtain "UFO" Search result.
2) Found a interesting video scroll down the list
3) Open context menu and use "Go To" feature to access all video present on the channel.
4) Open Playlist and you can obtain the Playlist search result whit your string and not the playlist present on channel you entered previously...

I don't have idea if you can understand this example......... if yes... greatefull if it's really a strange behavious and if it's can fixable on next future release.......
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
So was there any headway made on the API key error message issue? I've seen a lot of theories and suggestions in here, but couldn't tell if anything came to a consensus.
@anxdpanic

Just a small question: has the "Remove From Watch Later" function on the context menu been removed? Or is it possible that it's not visible for me if I have other extra items on the context menu?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
The thumbnails returned tonight around 10:30 EST in "My Subscriptions".
Hello everyone,

When I try to create an API I get an error.

In the section "Add credentials to your project - create an OAuth 2.0 client ID - name" I enter "Youtube Add-on Personal". Then I click on "Create OAuth client ID" and it gives me an error: "The request failed because one of the field of the resource is invalid."

Do you know where the problem may come from?

Thanks in advance.
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18