• 7(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Okay I will update to 17.6 and see what happens and then I'll report back if needed.

I do have a question regarding YouTube though, what changes that YouTube make on January 1st or 2nd for this to happen?
Using Kodi 17.x on a Raspberry and getting the 5.5.0 youtube alpha add on installed as well as enabling DASH and proxy worked for me.  Live streams that I try on youtube are now playing fine.  Thanks for the info!
(2018-01-14, 04:04)JimBexleySpeed Wrote: Using Kodi 17.x on a Raspberry and getting the 5.5.0 youtube alpha add on installed as well as enabling DASH and proxy worked for me.  Live streams that I try on youtube are now playing fine.  Thanks for the info!

Jim I know you were having the same problems as me.

What version of Kodi were you on prior to updating?

I was on 17.3 and updated around the first of December to 17.5 and had problems with SMB not working. So I downgraded again to 17.3.
Then on January 2nd I had no live streams on YouTube anymore .

You said you installed 17 x did you install 17.5 or 17.6?

You also mentioned that you installed 5.5.0 Alpha. If you go to post #2 it says current in developing version 5.5.0 alpha16. It does not say 5.5.0 Alpha.

So did you install 5.5.0 Alpha or did you install
5.5.0 Alpha16 as there are 4 zip files for alpha16. I cannot find 5.5.0 Alpha. This is very confusing to me.

I'm not going to upgrade anything until I hear back. I'm glad you got it solved I'm looking forward to getting it salt also thanks
(2018-01-14, 01:41)anxdpanic Wrote: @newb 1 2-2018 
There is currently no fix for the HLS live streams. I'm not optimistic on resolving this on our end, but will be looking more into it.
The Live DASH (working) is likely not available on anything less than Kodi 17.6 due to requiring inputstream adaptive >= 2.0.12 which still isn't available in all cases. ie raspbian is @ 2.0.10
So at the moment the only solution would be to update kodi and inputstream adaptive to make use of live dash.

Just to be clear I am not on an Apple device I am on a Raspberry Pi 3.
Sorry for the confusion from me not being specific.  I am running Kodi 17.5.  I downloaded the second one from the list :

plugin.video.youtube-5.5.0.alpha16.zip

You need to unzip it and then copy the plugin.video.youtube folder/directory into your Kodi addons directory.
Does anyone else experience the extremely frustrating issue of repeatedly losing their signin status and/or personal API keys on a regular basis? I feel like I can't even make it a week without being logged out and having to repeat this whole process. Sometimes I have to do the login process, then I have to add my personal API keys to the config file, then doing that causes me to be logged out again!

Is this normal and expected behavior?
(2018-01-14, 06:13)JimBexleySpeed Wrote: Sorry for the confusion from me not being specific.  I am running Kodi 17.5.  I downloaded the second one from the list :

plugin.video.youtube-5.5.0.alpha16.zip

You need to unzip it and then copy the plugin.video.youtube folder/directory into your Kodi addons directory.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.
I hope you did not unzip everything because I don't know how you would copy everything in a Raspberry Pi. What I did was put a USB stick in my laptop copy to files and put the USB stick in the Raspberry Pi USB port. Then you go to add-ons and install from zip file and browse to your USB stick and install the file from there. I just was not sure which file to install.

After I install the YouTube zip file and set everything up what I'm wondering is if I can keep my 17.3 installation due to a problem with Samba on 17.5. I've also heard people having problems with 17.6
But I'll have to report that Saba issue somewhere else I'll post back after I'm done installing the zip.

So at least now I know that the link on post #2
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2690038 where they're talking about 5.5.0 Alpha15zip is incorrect it needs to be 5.5.0 alpha16 zip
(2018-01-10, 04:39)jdf76 Wrote: because Kodi doesn't natively support mpeg-dash. There was a plugin (inputstream) that did allow 1080p but unfortunately as of yesterday it no longer works because of changes that youtube has pushed out.

You will have to settle for 720p until we otherwise say on the forum, so keep a look here.

Sorry

Jeff

Hi.

Does this version: 5.5.0~alpha16 support 1080p videos or not yet?

Thanks.
@liebezeit That is not expected behaviour. What happens exactly? Do you lose just your login? or do you lose all your settings/api keys as well? You will be logged out when changing api keys, so always input your keys first then login.
If you can catch this occuring with a debug_log (wiki) it may shed some light on what is going on.

@burekas yes
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Thanks, I will check.

Do you know also when the version 5.5.0 will be official in Kodi official repo?
You'll need to enable the proxy for dash to work with vods. Settings - MPEG-DASH.

The intention was to go to official this weekend. Though with the addition of the proxy, I would like to give a few more days to test and make sure we're not missing any immediate issues it may have introduced.
Wink 
Good morning everyone. I'd like for somebody 2 explain to me what the difference is between version 5.4.5 and version 5.5.0. If I go to link,
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo....5.0-alpha the only difference seems to be that
language was added
"5.5.0 [upd] language/translation paths * Isengard (15.x)+ required" .

So how did adding a language pack to YouTube file fix the "not being able to stream live streaming" fix it?
Knowledge is power so let's pass it on.

I sure want to know what stopped YouTube from streaming live streams.

Edit: I guess another good question is what changes did YouTube make for us to be not able to view live streams?
From that link as well, "5.4.6 (Last version for Kodi 14.x Helix. 5.5.0 equivalent)"
5.5.0 is 5.4.6 plus the language change, both are identical otherwise and contain the same fixes that are in the changelog.
Both versions will work with Kodi 15+, only 5.4.6 will work with Kodi 14(due to the language changes).

Live streams aren't fixed in this version, dash support is fixed and dash live streams work.
As far as HLS live streams(the default not working ones), I will hopefully get a chance to look at that today.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.
(2018-01-14, 17:23)anxdpanic Wrote: From that link as well, "5.4.6 (Last version for Kodi 14.x Helix. 5.5.0 equivalent)"
5.5.0 is 5.4.6 plus the language change, both are identical otherwise and contain the same fixes that are in the changelog.
Both versions will work with Kodi 15+, only 5.4.6 will work with Kodi 14(due to the language changes).

Live streams aren't fixed in this version, dash support is fixed and dash live streams work.
As far as HLS live streams(the default not working ones), I will hopefully get a chance to look at that today.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Can you and explain it short wat HLS live stream is? I have no clue and I'm very interested in finding out more thank you.
Hi anxdpanic Thank you, rather try to fidldle around trying to install the zip file to make YT live work, I would rather wait until the new YT 5.5.0+ version is on the repository. I am just glad that it wasn't something I did wrong which I spent several days trying to figure out, without of course any success. kindest regards.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18