• 5(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
is there a known issue with live streams, independent of dash?

When i try to play YouTube live streams, no matter the quality, it takes about 10 seconds to load up, plays for 1 sec and then dies.
(2018-01-11, 03:38)BriceysCousin Wrote: is there a known issue with live streams, independent of dash?

When i try to play YouTube live streams, no matter the quality, it takes about 10 seconds to load up, plays for 1 sec and then dies.
 Same thing here. The live stream will eventually load. Plays a few seconds. Freezes. Then the YouTube addon shuts down.

Good luck devs in finding the solution. Your efforts are appreciated.
Live streams (with DASH) are working well again with newest alpha. https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...lpha15.zip

Maybe its time to push 5.5.0 to repo?
(2018-01-11, 13:31)qwertyy Wrote: Live streams (with DASH) are working well again with newest alpha. https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...lpha15.zip

Maybe its time to push 5.5.0 to repo?
Hey, you're right. The live stream does play well again using Dash. I always use the lowest resolution due to bandwidth restrictions so not having a quality setting above 720p doesn't bother me. And, I am using the latest (5.5.0 alpha 15).

Thanks for the info. Smile.
You can setup your max bandwith in the inputstream addon settings. Then it will always play 720p, no need to select manually anymore
(2018-01-10, 04:39)jdf76 Wrote: because Kodi doesn't natively support mpeg-dash. There was a plugin (inputstream) that did allow 1080p but unfortunately as of yesterday it no longer works because of changes that youtube has pushed out.

You will have to settle for 720p until we otherwise say on the forum, so keep a look here.

Sorry

Jeff
 Thanks.

I hope it will be available again soon.
Is there a way to have it go directly into a specific folder at startup?
Most of the time I go into My Subscriptions so it would be nice if I could set that as default.
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
Just set my subscriptions as favourite
Until 2 days ago I was able to use the YouTube addon's "Live" feature to view live events of all kinds. I could even search for a list of specific live events and then select from the resulting list.

But beginning 2 days ago I can no longer view live streams on YouTube. A selected stream will begin for about 1/2 second then restart and play for about 2 seconds, then freeze. I have confirmed this by reinstalling Kodi 17.6 on Windows 7, on Android 5.1 and on Android 6.1. I also reinstalled the YouTube app and even reinstalled all the way back to November of last year ---- SAME RESULT.

I then went to their web site and tried playing the same streams and all of them played with no problems from my Firefox browser on Windows 7.1.

This is driving me crazy and I really am missing playing YouTube live streams thru Kodi. Any help, suggestion of even a reason for this would be very much appreciated.

UPDATE: After reading and trying post #63 above everything now works for me -- I am grateful for this forum and for members support -- THANKS!
can not playing 1080p anymore? even with mpeg-dash enable.any idea ?
//sorry,not read pre pages.it seems youtube itself problem,not youtube addons problem
Did anyone recognize that videos in "My channel" are not played anymore? All other videos in are played well.  I saw this today and it definitly worked a few days ago. I'm usually logged in by own API keys but I also tried the default settings and a complete new (clean) installation. Maybe someone has an idea what the problem can be? Or is it just youtube, again? Thanks!
I did some more investigations: In Kodi's log there was the entry

ERROR: Open - failed to open source <https://r2---sn-4g5e6nes.c.youtube.com/videoplayback [...]

Is this a valid Youtube resource? I don't know how to post the kodi logfile, so I linked it here. I hope this can help.

Regards, Frank

Edit: Just to make it clear, the videos in 'My channel' are playing fine with other programs, apps or Webplayer. This error is only in kodi's Youtube addon.
deleted
@spreeni, you do not have debugging enabled.

@danysahne333 do not post incomplete logs in the forum. Post full debug logs to a paste site.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Post #2 updated with the new version.

- Fixes 'My Channel' videos including videos marked Private
- Fixes unknown itag 300/301 errors on some live streams
- Fixes mpeg-dash vods, requires a local proxy to serve a generated dash manifest. Proxy can be enabled: Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy
     - Thanks to @Schtek for generation of local mpeg dash file

Not sure what is going on with HLS Live streams, will look into it more over the weekend. I don't expect this is something we'll be able to impact/fix though.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18