• 173(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2020-05-08, 09:28)Dave^ Wrote: The above is based on my Sony Android TV.

Just tried a fresh install on a spare rpi using LibreElec and in the list of dependencies, the bottom one isn't available.

Ran through the install, but when trying to sign in, you get an API error after entering the first Google code.

The same happens with a fresh install on the TV.

ETA - Just realised (it's been a while since I set Kodi up, cab you tell?) API error is probably because I haven't copied my keys across....
(2020-05-05, 12:07)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hi! I'm getting this error message freqiently in kodi: "Exception in ContentProvider" "Unknown kind 'youtube#SubscriptionListResponse'

Here some rules from my log file:

2020-05-05 10:42:47.132 T:988   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Unknown kind 'youtube#SubscriptionListResponse'
2020-05-05 10:42:52.706 T:4024   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/subscriptions/list/

If you need more info, please let me know!
@anxdpanic 

I too am having the same issue. I am running Kodi on an nVidia Shield TV.

Hopefully this works, here is the log.

Log

In case I did the above wrong.

Log

I hope this helps to figure out what is going on.

Thank You!!
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
(2020-05-06, 19:38)anxdpanic Wrote: @zhanglini 
Are any of those greyed out settings toggled to enabled (to the right)?
Check Add-ons - My add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream for InputStream Adaptive and enable it if it's disabled.

@abga
You need to enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH and Use for videos, and then you can control video quality there as well.
The service is started at start up because addons are not able to start a service at any other time.
It's always running because a proxy is required for mpeg-dash, and history updates happen in the service during playback.
It does as little as it needs to, for example it's not going to run the httpd proxy if it's not required by the user config.

@ynasida
There are banned add-ons installed, please remove those and post a clean debug log (wiki)

@teriyaki
Those settings have been removed from the add-on since you first installed, there is no way for the add-on to remove those.
You have 2 options for cleaning that up; 
1. start fresh configuration wise by deleting userdata (wiki)/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml
2. edit userdata (wiki)/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml removing lines with id="<id>" where <id> are the ones mentioned in your log.

Also see my response to abga above for more information about the service

@V8MEM
The playback statistics reporting doesn't use an api end point

@Blahfinna
You're the only report I've had of this, I would need a complete debug log (wiki) to hopefully see what's causing it

@debennett2
Not currently

@PaulC2K
It's a bit more involved to increase that, will keep it in mind for the future.
For your mentioned use case I usually create a playlist and add the content from my phone/pc so it's all in one place in kodi

@tecc
Only by visiting each subscription through the Subscriptions menu

@powermarcel10
Would need a complete debug log (wiki)

@DjDiabolik
Not sure what would cause that

@marchello
You'll need to be logged in for history, post a complete debug log (wiki) showing the failed sign in.

@C.O.D.
see ~alpha1 below for the comments fix

I've updated post #2 and the repositories to 6.8.1~alpha1
Code:
~alpha1
[fix] playback failing
[fix] viewing comments when logged in
[lang] pl_pl strings |contrib: drrak|
[lang] nl_nl strings |contrib: Markman-B|
I installed Inputstream.adaptive and enabled it.  When I played the youtube movies again, it tried to play, but then nothing happened.
Here is the log isowanijev.kodi (paste)
Thanks
I am also receiving this error: unknown kind 'youtube#subscriptionlistresponse'

Log file https://paste.kodi.tv/oxupakurer.kodi

Thank you in advance,

Shedrock
Hi,

Can u add an option to add a channel to the 'Filtered Channel List' right from the context menu? Sometimes it's hard to type the name of the channel manually.

Thanks
@abga 
I haven't been able to reproduce the hang on disable, but I will keep trying for the next release.

@teriyaki
In 6.8.1~alpha2 I added the definitions for the settings in __config__.py and the rest is being resolved in Kodi w/ https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17822

@"gokhyildiz" 
1. reset http server settings to defaults
2. enable MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH and Use for videos
If you can't do #2, you need to enable/install InputStream Adaptive. Add-ons - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream

@elibenyaacov
It's a filtered subscription list. If you open the Subscriptions on the main menu you are able to add or remove from that filtered subscriptions list using the context menu.

@powermarcel10, @Vuzzy, @Dave^, @linesma, @zhanglini, @shedrock
See below for 6.8.1~alpha2

I've updated post #2 and the repositories to 6.8.1~alpha2
Code:
~alpha2
[fix] intermittent issue with Subscriptions
[fix] encoding of video unavailable messages
[upd] updates to recommendations

~alpha1
[fix] playback failing
[fix] viewing comments when logged in
[lang] pl_pl strings |contrib: drrak|
[lang] nl_nl strings |contrib: Markman-B|
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
I made the necessary adjustments and restarted, but this time I decided to delete it because I could not log in to YouTube. when i try to install it again i get this error.

youtube installation failed: https://i.hizliresim.com/f8hAre.jpg
(2020-05-10, 01:06)anxdpanic Wrote: @powermarcel10, @Vuzzy, @Dave^, @linesma, @zhanglini, @shedrock
See below for 6.8.1~alpha2

I've updated post #2 and the repositories to 6.8.1~alpha2
Code:
~alpha2
[fix] intermittent issue with Subscriptions
Fix verified.
(2020-05-10, 01:06)anxdpanic Wrote: @elibenyaacov
It's a filtered subscription list. If you open the Subscriptions on the main menu you are able to add or remove from that filtered subscriptions list using the context menu.
Thanks, i didn't know that
Not a huge issue, but have had it for numerous versions... Ever so often I hit a cluster of videos that fail to play in Kodi, but work fine on my computer or tablet.

Had a few today... Searched a keyword and half the links worked, half did not.

Enabled debugging and I think uploaded it 

Https://paste.kodi.tv/ofasoqowoj
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Is there a way how to force install unofficial version  of youtube on updates?
I've installed unofficial zip,  but after automatic update it become regular version. Had to delete it and again instal unofficial zip. How to fix that for future updates?
thanks in advance
(2020-05-16, 12:17)rix81 Wrote: Is there a way how to force install unofficial version  of youtube on updates?
I've installed unofficial zip,  but after automatic update it become regular version. Had to delete it and again instal unofficial zip. How to fix that for future updates?
thanks in advance

Switch off the youtube addon automatic update, in addon's settings
@THRobinson 
Should be fixed when you update

@rix81 
- disable automatic updates for YouTube
- install the Unofficial repository from https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...e-versions
- context menu on YouTube add-on, choose Information, Update and choose the unofficial version when an update is available
So I'm having Yet More Login Problems. I'm aware this is impossibly tiresome, but this appears to be a specific problem that hasn't been raised in this thread yet.

I'm using two-factor authentication (work requirement, also common sense) using my trusty YubiKeys, and if you use this you need more than just an API key, client ID and secret to use a Google API: the app either needs to support OAuth 2.0 (not likely in most cases), or needs to use a per-app password: failing to do this will generate a 4xx Access Not Configured error every single time, even if everything else is working. I can generate a per-app password easily -- but the plugin appears to have nowhere to specify one, which means I am doomed to never be allowed to log in without compromising the security of my Google account as a whole by completely disabling 2FA.

Is there support for per-app passwords somewhere in the plugin that I haven't noticed, or am I doomed?
@NullNix
I will look into it
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18